FedEx Freight | Discrimination at FedEx Freight

moonshiner4000

TB Lurker
Credits
I'd like to ask a question and get some responses, kind of an informal poll. This subject may be more than the board is willing to deal with. Here we go, as a white male I have had this Diversity Council crammed down my throat and I'm sick of it. The stated goal of this council is to search out and find qualified minorities and women for promotion. I suppose they are proud to discriminate against the white males, I can't see that any other way. I suppose the final straw was the new Employees Hand Book. Am I the only one that noticed there are 5 or 6 employees on the front of the book, all women and minorities not one white male? FedEx is an all around good company, in my opinion anyhow. My poll question is, is it time the hard working Caucasian males thought about filing a class action law suit to stop this blatant discrimination?

i agree with you but dont know how far it would go considering affirmitive action is reverse discrimination and its legal. I know at my center a lot the black folks and women seem to get away with just about anything but so do road drivers. Ive actually heard supervisors ask one another to go and give a coaching and all refused because they didnt want to loose their job that day. And when did we get a new hand book I havent seen one of those since I hired in 5 years ago and then it had inserts put in it

just dont talk about people from china our you might get docked 5 points like i did. some people dont understand truth and being funny all in the same post..

As of this morning 90 people have viewed this post with 3 comments. I think that is an indication of just how far this country, notice I didn't say FedEx, has gone to threaten white males from speaking up. I think it's time we grew some balls.

As of this morning 90 people have viewed this post with 3 comments. I think that is an indication of just how far this country, notice I didn't say FedEx, has gone to threaten white males from speaking up. I think it's time we grew some balls.

And do what? I don't know where this frenzied diversity stuff is coming from, or what it means, nor do I care. It means nothing.

If you can prove that someone of color or the special sex is getting treatment not afforded you, take FX to court. Better make sure you can prove it though.

I can say that here, at this SC, no one but brown nosers are given special treatment. We all are considered second class and are treated as such.

Don't worry about the diversity thing. It's all PR and means nothing. FedEx does not care where you're from or what your culture "brings to the table". You're still just meat. It's a means to provide lawyers with ammo in case of a discrimination lawsuit. "See here! Look at how much we talk about diversity! Look at our pictures of people of color and women! Look! They're holding each other's thumbs!"

Don't sweat it. We're all in the same boat here.

Reverse discrimination suits are on the rise - and they are winning. In my opinion, when you now have an African-American President, you can no longer pull the race card. It just doesn't hold water with the average white American anymore. Most people my age, or any age for that matter, want people who can produce and could really care less about a persons gender or ethnicity. Also, I have found that those who always want to bring race into an issue are the biggest racists out there - Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and (insert your community leader here).

I don't know about FedEx, but at Con-way race breakdown is only dependent on where the terminal is.

Here is just one link about a case in Ct, but if you Google "reverse discrimination lawsuits" you get a ton of results.

FOXNews.com - Reverse Discrimination Case Could Transform Hiring Procedures Nationwide - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I'd like to ask a question and get some responses, kind of an informal poll. This subject may be more than the board is willing to deal with. Here we go, as a white male I have had this Diversity Council crammed down my throat and I'm sick of it. The stated goal of this council is to search out and find qualified minorities and women for promotion. I suppose they are proud to discriminate against the white males, I can't see that any other way. I suppose the final straw was the new Employees Hand Book. Am I the only one that noticed there are 5 or 6 employees on the front of the book, all women and minorities not one white male? FedEx is an all around good company, in my opinion anyhow. My poll question is, is it time the hard working Caucasian males thought about filing a class action law suit to stop this blatant discrimination?

Arguably, the segment of the population most likely to be discriminated against these days is the middle aged, WHITE, heterosexual, married Christian male.

I don't think that is the stated goal of the Diversity Council. If it bothers you that much why did you not get on the council or you would rather sit back and complain under your breathe or on pc???? The front of handbook its just advertisement to kinda look like everyone is represented....Everyone does it where have you been? If it is last straw don't just take it ,quit if you don't like it and go where you want.....Lawsuit I'd like to see you try it :hysterical: talking about balls. say something at your terminal not here, go ahead and be a man???

Hay ya'll it isn't just minorities and women they are promoting with Diversity stuff. I do believe though that if you can do the job then you deserve it just as much as anybody . The card your delt in life shouldn't have any bearing.

And do what? I don't know where this frenzied diversity stuff is coming from, or what it means, nor do I care. It means nothing.

If you can prove that someone of color or the special sex is getting treatment not afforded you, take FX to court. Better make sure you can prove it though.

I can say that here, at this SC, no one but brown nosers are given special treatment. We all are considered second class and are treated as such.

Don't worry about the diversity thing. It's all PR and means nothing. FedEx does not care where you're from or what your culture "brings to the table". You're still just meat. It's a means to provide lawyers with ammo in case of a discrimination lawsuit. "See here! Look at how much we talk about diversity! Look at our pictures of people of color and women! Look! They're holding each other's thumbs!"

Don't sweat it. We're all in the same boat here.
You are right on it. When this diversity education started a few years ago, we had to take a general education test about life at fedex freight. Dock work practices, yard safety, proper lifting, etc. ya know basic stuff. Well we got to the section on diversity and I stopped and refused to go on. Nothing ever came of it, it is just B.S. We are here to work, that is all.

Am I the only one that noticed there are 5 or 6 employees on the front of the book, all women and minorities not one white male?

If it were a white male there he would probally be gay.Dont let the diversity crowd get you down.They are only trying to take a piece of what you and your ancestors built because their history is one of ::shit::.You should be proud they had to come up with this BS to be included in the greatest Country ever built.Take a look at our forefathers,how much diversity do you see there?If they were so proud of their birthplace they wouldnt be here would they?

This is my theory regarding diversity @ Fredex.
A year or so ago Fredex lost a discrimination lawsuit filed by two people who were repeatedly harassed regarding their race/ethnicity.Suit was file in Oakland,Ca.(Express,I think,not Freight)
Long story short the two guys split $64,000,000.00(attorney fees ?).
Now for my theory.Either the court mandated that Fredex establish a diversity program to thwart future cases of this nature;or,Fredex didn't want to be paying any more of these $$$$ amounts, so it established the program on it's own.
Google:Fedex lawsuits and the case will be close to the top of the list.
Don't Shoot the Messenger

QUOTE] Am I the only one that noticed there are 5 or 6 employees on the front of the book, all women and minorities not one white male?

If it were a white male there he would probally be gay.[/quote]

Only the one's wearing purple are the gay one's.

Just my thoughts but the term reverse discrimination should not be used, how is it the reverse of discrimination? If you or I are discriminated against then even if we are white then it is still discrimination.