FedEx Freight | Discrimination at FedEx Freight

I think all the little poeple, which I am one of gets along just fine, no matter what your race, creed, color, or gender is. The problem is middle management who can't keep their mouth shut. Fedex has paid out big bucks, and rightly so for discrimination suits. Maybe we should spend more money educating middle management. I think this is just another example of money that could be spent more wisely. Twice Pipes

I think all the little poeple, which I am one of gets along just fine, no matter what your race, creed, color, or gender is. The problem is middle management who can't keep their mouth shut. Fedex has paid out big bucks, and rightly so for discrimination suits. Maybe we should spend more money educating middle management. I think this is just another example of money that could be spent more wisely. Twice Pipes

This isn't about promoting "diversity". Whatever that is. It's about showing precedent in the event of a lawsuit.

I and my fellow workers don't seem to have any problem dealing with anyone. And the only time I've heard a manager saying something is when they thought they weren't being overheard. I heard "stupid *****" when one of our drivers screwed something up.

Other than that, our SCM is wound up so tight and thinks of things from so many different angles, that he's so afraid to say anything, what he does wind up saying not only doesn't qualify as an answer, it rarely even makes sense.

I don't know which is worse.

we already have a caucasian male group who feels the same as you all they are those skin-head white guys that shout out WHITE POWER. GO JOIN THEM they are recruiting every day. simple

Thank you for the " you owe me " responce to anyone who has the balls to speak up on this subject. This type of responce makes me wonder why I should treat people according to the way they conduct themselves instead of their race or gender. My opinion of people will always be determined by their actions. In spite of this type thinking.

If you don't like the diversity program complain to your terminal manager not wait until you get other to help you, its called being a MAN! You can also put your $$$ down and start a new company and have it your way....If I don't like something that affect me at my job, I try and change it or let it be known, or are you that person that stands in the background a says "YEAH".........Do something if its blatant or maybe look up info in handbook or company info, dang.

The exact response I would expect from someone who benifits from Discrimnation. What would you know about being a MAN?

The exact response I would expect from someone who benifits from Discrimnation. What would you know about being a MAN?

First of all spell check is one click away:duh:, second this thread is bound to ugly so I'll back away from this one,don't know why this thread is going to still continue.....oh well, You are still worried about black people, and that thing such as jesse jackson "old". Have you heard of a new minority group coming up real fast is probably gonna past the "white male" real quick:sombrero2: and take jobs......yeah, yeah keep worrying about black people:hysterical:, finally :thread:

If you don't like the diversity program complain to your terminal manager not wait until you get other to help you, its called being a MAN! You can also put your $$$ down and start a new company and have it your way....If I don't like something that affect me at my job, I try and change it or let it be known, or are you that person that stands in the background a says "YEAH".........Do something if its blatant or maybe look up info in handbook or company info, dang.

Anyone who would say this is obviously feeling the benefits of the Feelgood program.Talking about stepping up and being a man?When people that cant maintain preformance levels and then run to the leaders wanting someway to make the playing field equal.:biglaugh:Then condemming someone for speaking up and not being a sheep.I am sorry you feel the need to have your culture propped up in order to maintain equality.If I were in your shoes I may feel the same.Thank God Im not.Hammer down Moonshiner,It aint a crime to be white or exercise your 1st amendment rights.:shift:

Here at National I have been asked to be on the Diversity Counsil twice and I declined. I was asked why and I explained " if you were raised right by your parents you would treat everyone with respect and just do your job and that there would be no need for this sillyness." And I was not asked any more.

I explained that the diversity council was a waste of time and money.

Here at National I have been asked to be on the Diversity Counsil twice and I declined. I was asked why and I explained " if you were raised right by your parents you would treat everyone with respect and just do your job and that there would be no need for this sillyness." And I was not asked any more.

Good for You!!!!:1036316054:

Much like the Safety Committee. I'm sure bay doors would be fixed and the windows washed if there were no Safety Committee. It's about 9 man hours wasted every month.

Good for those on the Committee though, they can just sit there and get paid.

Just for the record, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. That is a ridiculous term that some idiot came up with somewhere that just happened to "stick" and people started using it.

Discrimination is discrimination. Period.

:shift:

Just for the record, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. That is a ridiculous term that some idiot came up with somewhere that just happened to "stick" and people started using it.

Discrimination is discrimination. Period.

:shift:

No, for the longest time, to say am adult, straight, white male was being discriminated against would make no sense. How could the very type of person in power be discriminated against since they held all the cards?

Now, it's different. I don't think "reverse" discrimination is accurate; maybe the shoe is on the other foot discrimination.

But regardless of tags, take a look at board rooms and the leaders of most companies. Pasty white men.

People of color and those of the opposite sex are still in the miniority in positions of power.

But, it still doesn't justify promoting one because of color or sex over a qualified person because of their color or sex.

But then, how do you level the playing field? There's the rub.

First of all spell check is one click away:duh:, second this thread is bound to ugly so I'll back away from this one,don't know why this thread is going to still continue.....oh well, You are still worried about black people, and that thing such as jesse jackson "old". Have you heard of a new minority group coming up real fast is probably gonna past the "white male" real quick:sombrero2: and take jobs......yeah, yeah keep worrying about black people:hysterical:, finally :thread:

Your words speak for themself. You're not the one to teach grammer. Trust me on that one.

I give you alot of credit Moonshiner4000 for saying what you said I'm sure alot of white men feel the same way you do. I think the problem is that people look at folks who are different then them and assume the worst (and thats across the board...race,sex,title,ect...) I know the problem is and that is nobody wants to sit down,and or even drive down the road to get to know anybody anymore. I know because I've been here 10 years and the longer I've been here the fewer folks I talk to on the radio from our own outfit.But I think we ALL have more in common then differences. First of all we are all here to make a decent wage to support our families.Second we are trying to do "our time" so we can retire with a few pennies in our pocket.Also we all have family that works the hell out of our nerves.....Especially the ole' lady...LOL!!! So instead on focusing on the differences lets work on the simularities (if thats spelled correctly)

By the way I'm a Black Male,Road Driver from SBR I drive truck R7671 to HGR every nite so if you,and or ANYBODY wants to ride down the road and have some good convo about this topic and or fun stuff lets talk.It can keep us both awake and we get paid for it too...LOL!! :shift:

Welcome to Truckingboards BeerDrinker....:clap: Now that ya broke the ice, Chime in more often...

Looks to me like Smokestacks gonna have a new best friend.........If you don't drink All the Beer

As of this morning 90 people have viewed this post with 3 comments. I think that is an indication of just how far this country, notice I didn't say FedEx, has gone to threaten white males from speaking up. I think it's time we grew some balls.

it has nothing to do with balls ,it is what lawyers/politicians have put into law has our hands tied.

I give you alot of credit Moonshiner4000 for saying what you said I'm sure alot of white men feel the same way you do. I think the problem is that people look at folks who are different then them and assume the worst (and thats across the board...race,sex,title,ect...) I know the problem is and that is nobody wants to sit down,and or even drive down the road to get to know anybody anymore. I know because I've been here 10 years and the longer I've been here the fewer folks I talk to on the radio from our own outfit.But I think we ALL have more in common then differences. First of all we are all here to make a decent wage to support our families.Second we are trying to do "our time" so we can retire with a few pennies in our pocket.Also we all have family that works the hell out of our nerves.....Especially the ole' lady...LOL!!! So instead on focusing on the differences lets work on the simularities (if thats spelled correctly)

Hey man thanks for the input. I think you get it, my whole thing is we need to treat people and expect to be treated by how we conduct ourselves and not by race or gender.

we already have a caucasian male group who feels the same as you all they are those skin-head white guys that shout out WHITE POWER. GO JOIN THEM they are recruiting every day. simple

So what you are stating is that if it is a group of white people standing up for something they are ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ,but coloreds,ricans,gays and so on standing up for thier rights is ok.Talk about a double standard.You can walk around with a malcom x shirt but show up with a confederate flag and you are labeled a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ.What a joke this country is turning into.People get offended everyday so what,freedom of speech thank God for the 1st ammendment.........

The new minority group coming up is the White male