FedEx Freight | Discrimination at FedEx Freight

Speaking as a gay nun on crack, who wants to adopt children I can say a few things about discrimination. Just kidding. The diversity at the workplace is the hot topic now, soon we will be onto something else.

I just can't believe this is really an issue with all the other ::shit:: going on in this country. You all need to take a step back for a second and think about what is getting your panties in a bunch. There are companies on the brink of bankruptcy, we have gone through a few layoffs, no end in sight, and you guys are worried about not having a white male on the front cover of the diversity handbook?:biglaugh:

I'll have to check with Jesse Jackson to see what he would do if he had complaints from minorities about being discriminated against, I'm sure he would wait til a better time. There is never a time where special treatment should be tolerated. I'm amazed that this obvious discrimination against white males is thought by some to be exceptable. The no whites allowed on the front of the "Diversity hand book", is actually on your new Benefits hand book.

Pretty weird that an ad for "A Dream in Doubt" showing a brown man in a turban should appear in this thread!:biglaugh:

Personally, I have not seen anything at my SC approaching being discrimination. Except for promotions. Our dispatcher has been passed over for everything he's ever put in for. Our office manager too. Our 2nd dispatcher who is helping to run the AM dock now was also passed over. All white, one female, all talented and for the most part, treat people well. Maybe that's why they didn't get promoted. Our manager does not like people that get along with other people.

We had a manager when we were Viking named Charlie. He was a tool in the first degree. He actuall told his supervisors that they were all superior to each and every worker at the terminal. Not as in "superiors", but apparently genetically superior because of their station.

We drank beer when he was fired.

And do what? I don't know where this frenzied diversity stuff is coming from, or what it means, nor do I care. It means nothing.

If you can prove that someone of color or the special sex is getting treatment not afforded you, take FX to court. Better make sure you can prove it though.

I can say that here, at this SC, no one but brown nosers are given special treatment. We all are considered second class and are treated as such.

Don't worry about the diversity thing. It's all PR and means nothing. FedEx does not care where you're from or what your culture "brings to the table". You're still just meat. It's a means to provide lawyers with ammo in case of a discrimination lawsuit. "See here! Look at how much we talk about diversity! Look at our pictures of people of color and women! Look! They're holding each other's thumbs!"

Don't sweat it. We're all in the same boat here.

Good post, the only thing I would add is that one cannot start legal action (Labor disputes aside) against their current employer, so, lest they relinquish their job talk of legal action is just that. If you want to sue, quit or get fired, and good luck trying to bring a suit, you're on the wrong side of the equasion...

diversity, equal opp. employment and quota's are all institutionalized racism ! I think we all realize that. Face it , if you needed brain surgery do you want a surgeon just because he's black? Not me, I don't care if he's yellow I just want the best!!
Its simple just like the BS saftey meetings, the BS feel good driver meetings and anthing to do with DIVERSITY, do go, dont be a part of it and pay attention when your in the voting booth!

Good post, the only thing I would add is that one cannot start legal action (Labor disputes aside) against their current employer, so, lest they relinquish their job talk of legal action is just that. If you want to sue, quit or get fired, and good luck trying to bring a suit, you're on the wrong side of the equasion...

So an employee can't file a discrimination law suit against their present employer. Where in the hell did you hear that from? Some of the post here amaze me.

I suppose I have got my answer about what other think about this. The people who benefit from the " diversity " are all for it. Most of the white males are intimitated into not talking about it, some are actually ok with being discriminated against and then they are those of us who find it hard to believe that a company would treat a group of people who have helped make this company what it is in such a way. That being said, FedEx is a great company, the best job I have ever had, but that doesn't change what I see as blatant discrimination.

If you don't like the diversity program complain to your terminal manager not wait until you get other to help you, its called being a MAN! You can also put your $$$ down and start a new company and have it your way....If I don't like something that affect me at my job, I try and change it or let it be known, or are you that person that stands in the background a says "YEAH".........Do something if its blatant or maybe look up info in handbook or company info, dang.

Let's really talk about discrimination. I don't see a shortage of white males in this industry or this company. I do notice that very few fat guys get promoted.

Every picture you see in this company is politically correct. Its seems it is the same bunch of models in all of the photos throughout the company.

I'd like to ask a question and get some responses, kind of an informal poll. This subject may be more than the board is willing to deal with. Here we go, as a white male I have had this Diversity Council crammed down my throat and I'm sick of it. The stated goal of this council is to search out and find qualified minorities and women for promotion. I suppose they are proud to discriminate against the white males, I can't see that any other way. I suppose the final straw was the new Employees Hand Book. Am I the only one that noticed there are 5 or 6 employees on the front of the book, all women and minorities not one white male? FedEx is an all around good company, in my opinion anyhow. My poll question is, is it time the hard working Caucasian males thought about filing a class action law suit to stop this blatant discrimination?

i totally agree with you and im not even white, im a minority myself and i see it everyday it's freakin bs.

we already have a caucasian male group who feels the same as you all they are those skin-head white guys that shout out WHITE POWER. GO JOIN THEM they are recruiting every day. simple