Dissolve and disperse central states pension fund now !

Do you want what's yours from Central States ?

• Yes

Votes: 52 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
No. I am trying to have a reasonable dialogue about a workable solution. I am also attempting to show you the real reason(s) your fund is in trouble.

The fact that I'm not part of the fund allows me to see the problem without bias.

If you really want a reasonable dialogue, that's sure fine by me. But first you got to prove to me that you have at least some knowledge of union affairs too because you can't come to any logical conclusion otherwise. You may think that are attempting to show me the real reason(s) the fund is in trouble but it's just your opinion as it is just my opinion too.

Here's a question for you, Do you find it reasonable that since the government stuck their nose into the fund and dictate who will be the ones in charge of granting exclusive responsibility and authority to control and manage the fund’s assets, appoint, replace, and remove investment managers, allocate fund investment assets and monitor the performance of all investment managers, they should also take on the responsibility of that decision.

Here's another question for you, what do you know about UPS parcels contributions nationwide, how about UPS freight? Let's just see how much you have been following the union affairs.

They dont have an answer. They just want to "investigate" to buy more time for them to drain the fund. They dont give a :::shit::: about whats left for us because they will be in a pine box 6 feet down, not their problem.

You really don't get it do you.

Hypothetically speaking, there has just been a murder on your block. Here's my way of thinking, don't get exited or hysterical till the real facts of the investigation come in. Now here's yrc-atm running up and down the block with hands all in air waving frantically, screaming "nobody has any answers", "why doesn't anybody have any answers", "it's too late to investigate" and "the police just want to investigate to buy more time so more people on the block can get murdered".

No. I am trying to have a reasonable dialogue about a workable solution. I am also attempting to show you the real reason(s) your fund is in trouble.

The fact that I'm not part of the fund allows me to see the problem without bias.

In March of this year, the PBGC published a report showing that its multi-employer plan program faces a 43% likelihood of insolvency within 10 years if the current level of per participant premiums, which are indexed, remain in place. Furthermore, that likelihood rises to 93% within 20 years, assuming that none of the plans suspend benefits or receive financial assistance, the agency reported. This was further exacerbated by the recent statement by the Central States Pension Fund, one of the nation’s largest multi-employer pension funds, that it is out of ideas for ways to save itself from an impending failure. After the Treasury Department rejected Central States’ Pension Fund final proposal, which would have substantially cut benefits for some retirees, the Central States Pension Fund now has stated that it has little choice but to turn to a federal insurance program that is supposed to offer a lifeline to troubled pension funds (which will further substantially deplete any PBGC funds).
http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/06/pbgc-near-bankrupt/

Now why do you think that congress passed the Kline-Miller Multiemployer Pension Reform Act of 2014? It couldn't have anything to do with the government's pension insurer not being able to back up the failing pension funds by protecting the pension benefits that all funds pay premiums for that exact reason...could it? It couldn't be because the government just wanted to cover their own rear...could it? It couldn't be for the most obvious reason of all, that the government fails at every endeavor they enter into. That's what I call a win, win situation. Now the funds will be able to cut their own benefits without ever having to rely on the insurer which now the PBGC will never have to get involved but the funds will still have to pay the premiums. The PBGC funds get backed up again and it's also an incentive for the administrator and trustees of the fund too, after all, they still get to keep their high paying jobs. Everyone wins all the way around and that includes the government, that is except for the plan participants themselves, they get screwed but by now most of us by now that the government really doesn't give a hoot if the working class gets screwed.

You really don't get it do you.

Hypothetically speaking, there has just been a murder on your block. Here's my way of thinking, don't get exited or hysterical till the real facts of the investigation come in. Now here's yrc-atm running up and down the block with hands all in air waving frantically, screaming "nobody has any answers", "why doesn't anybody have any answers", "it's too late to investigate" and "the police just want to investigate to buy more time so more people on the block can get murdered".
You're a ****ing idiot. And you live in a fantasy world. Go do your investigation let me know how that turns out for you. Thanks for ****ing up my retirement, you are no union brother. You're a greedy bitch.

You are right, Hoffa Jr and Tyson are a joke. I believe they secretly wanted everyone to accept the cuts and that's why you didn't hear a peep out of many locals until all the momentum of the fight started getting noticed by many politicians. Then and only then did they say a word or two. But guess what, they sure are bragging about how they defeated the cuts now. That just goes to show you how dumb and naïve they think the members are. You have to remember that the Hoffa Jr administration doesn't want an investigation either, after all, they are the ones responsible for letting UPS out of the fund, YRC's zero then limited contributions and even what ABF was contractually required to pay in for three years.

You asked me to explain how I'm going to fix this, where the money comes from and exactly who it comes from. I can't do that, I'm just one ordinary man and like all the others in the fight, I know deep down there was a pension heist which a legit investigation would show and the culprits be held responsible and the restitution be made. First, let's see what the investigation reveals and what measures are taken by the many politicians that now stand behind the retirees, then take it from there.
I totally agree.

You're a :censored: idiot. And you live in a fantasy world. Go do your investigation let me know how that turns out for you. Thanks for :censored: up my retirement, you are no union brother. You're a greedy bitch.
Whine-Whine-Whine...you are pathetic.

You're a :censored: idiot. And you live in a fantasy world. Go do your investigation let me know how that turns out for you. Thanks for :censored: up my retirement, you are no union brother. You're a greedy bitch.

Oh me oh my, I didn't realize just how foul that mouth of yours can get. Tell me, did you get that soap treatment a lot when you were younger? If you did it was a waste of time.Thanks for the go ahead because I sure wouldn't want to disappoint you seeing we are union Brothers and all.

I'm starting to get the feeling that you guys don't like each other.

R1pvZ4n.jpg

If you really want a reasonable dialogue, that's sure fine by me. But first you got to prove to me that you have at least some knowledge of union affairs

You mean if I want a reasonable dialogue with you.

I have been in the LTL industry from almost 30 years. I worked union, I was in management with a Teamster company. I have every major Teamster carrier as a client. I am about as well versed as any non-Teamster could be.

nonunionfool said:
Here's a question for you, Do you find it reasonable that since the government stuck their nose into the fund and dictate who will be the ones in charge of granting exclusive responsibility and authority to control and manage the fund’s assets, appoint, replace, and remove investment managers, allocate fund investment assets and monitor the performance of all investment managers, they should also take on the responsibility of that decision.

Sure, they can give you exactly what you are entitled to, and were guaranteed to receive. $35.75/mo x years of service.

How come you don't have any responsibility for the mess? Were you not reading your notices of Critical Status for the last how many years? Why do you think it is Federal Law for them to notify you?

nonunionfool said:
Here's another question for you, what do you know about UPS parcels contributions nationwide, how about UPS freight? Let's just see how much you have been following the union affairs.

Seriously? That's your knowledge test? Ha ha ha.

I happen to have a copy of "Big Brown" within arms' reach. UPS Freight has been a client since day 1.

You mean if I want a reasonable dialogue with you.

I have been in the LTL industry from almost 30 years. I worked union, I was in management with a Teamster company. I have every major Teamster carrier as a client. I am about as well versed as any non-Teamster could be.

Sure, they can give you exactly what you are entitled to, and were guaranteed to receive. $35.75/mo x years of service.

How come you don't have any responsibility for the mess? Were you not reading your notices of Critical Status for the last how many years? Why do you think it is Federal Law for them to notify you?

Seriously? That's your knowledge test? Ha ha ha.

I happen to have a copy of "Big Brown" within arms' reach. UPS Freight has been a client since day 1.

Imagine that, here you were begging for a reasonable dialogue and then you make a post like this which is full of crap with a touch of ignorance added for a little flavor.

As for your credentials, they didn't impress me a bit and as a matter of fact they had quite the opposite effect which I'm sure many other true blooded Teamsters felt the same way. At least now I know where your deceit comes from and that would be Teamster management. Don't get me wrong, I know a few reasonable guys that were Teamster management but this proves to me that you are far from it. What's the matter, couldn't you hold a job for too long? Heck, you couldn't even decide what you wanted in life. You wanted union, then management, then non union. My take on this, you should of stuck with Teamster management, it would of been a perfect fit. Or did they fire you because you couldn't get the job done?

I asked you "Do you find it reasonable that since the government stuck their nose into the fund and dictate who will be the ones in charge of granting exclusive responsibility and authority to control and manage the fund’s assets, appoint, replace, and remove investment managers, allocate fund investment assets and monitor the performance of all investment managers, they should also take on the responsibility of that decision". And this is your reply--- "Sure, they can give you exactly what you are entitled to, and were guaranteed to receive. $35.75/mo x years of service. How come you don't have any responsibility for the mess? Were you not reading your notices of Critical Status for the last how many years? Why do you think it is Federal Law for them to notify you? Like usual your reply to this question is a whole lot of nothing and also adds that little touch of ignorance. It's a simple question with a simple answer so why don't you give it another try.

You laughed at my knowledge test but yet you failed that because you couldn't even give a definite answer to that. If you don't believe that, here's your reply--- "Seriously? That's your knowledge test? Ha ha ha. I happen to have a copy of "Big Brown" within arms' reach. UPS Freight has been a client since day 1" Just who do you think that you could bluff with that answer, yep, you were Teamster management alright. Yet it's a simple answer and you try to bluff your way through. UPS parcel got out of the Central States Pension but still pays into some other Teamster plans and UPS Freight has their own contract and own pension plan. You know, the IBTs own plan of divide and conquer. Now, go read your answer again and just see how foolish you really look.

A reasonable dialogue you say, maybe with Teamster management but not with any true blooded Teamster member. Tell me, how do you like my reasonable reply because I sure enjoyed writing it?

MPRA was created by CSPF Executive Director Thomas Nyhan, and NCCMP Executive Director RandyG.DeFrehn. This bill was wrote for CSPF, designed to make the Retirees pay for CSPF incompetence, and Wall Street’s arrogant ways of stealing from Pension Funds. The Department of Labor and US District Courts Knew this was happening, but kept a blind eye to the theft. This bill was wrote so CSPF would not be held accountable. This bill in my mind is unconstitutional. Besides stealing Retirees pensions, they designed it so our vote means nothing. There is no provision if CSPF again becomes solvent. Retirees will not ever receive their full pension once CSPF Rescue Plan was implemented. There is too many things wrong with this bill and Congressman Kline knew that this bill would never be passed if it was to be voted on its own merits. Congress pushed this bill thru to protect PBGC from having to fulfill their promise of guaranteed pensions. CSPF has been paying PBGC to insure Retirees will be paid if their pension fund cannot. IMO this is fraud to take money with no intentions of every paying out.

No Retiree is going to accept a cut in their pension unless they are forced to. Retirees worked until they felt they were secure financially for their upcoming Retirement. They depend on their promised pension to make their home and auto payments. Their pension was negotiated and paid in on their behalf. Many times giving up wages, and benefits to guarantee we would have our pensions when it came time to retiree. If their pension are cut they will not be able to pay for their home, auto, health, and Life insurance payments… Not be able to take care of their monthly obligations, resulting in having to seek Government assistance. Health care keeps raising and takes a big portion of their income, leaving them very little at the end of the month. For those who think Retirees are greedy, and meester’s, you don’t know what they are talking about, and are ignorant. You say Retiree’s don’t care about the active people, your wrong again. They are trying to save it for everybody, not just for themselves. Have you read CSPF economic statement? I don’t think you have! If Retirees are forced to take cuts, this is going to affect more than just the Retiree, it is going to affect the local businesses, Schools, their committees, Counties, State, and the Federal Government thru loss of tax dollars, and Retirees buying power. I know you don’t care but it could be the start of the next economic disaster in the United States, and this will have effects on every man, woman and child. So if you don’t like it that Retirees fighting the cuts, just for their survival that is your problem... not mine. Retirees around the country are organizing and talking to congress to find a solution, one that will benefit everybody, but if the choice is getting our pension cut by 50 to 70% then we choose to draw our full pension till it runs dry. Many of us won’t be around in 10 years, so they have nothing to lose. If you don’t like it then GET OVER IT, because we will fight to keep what is ours.

You want us to take cuts just so you will get your full pension… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Retirees are having to fight for everything, just for survival. My Question to you is What are you going to do when our Government tries to destroy Social Security, It’s your money, and you paid in it, are you going to fight for it? Knowing you, I believe you will just accept it. Are you going to demand senior citizens take a cut or die to guarantee you get yours? Personally I believe you are brainwashed and you will just accept it.

IMO, you are so blinded and bitter you won’t even try to fight to save your own pension. If you won’t fight for what is yours they that is your problem. Retirees are trying to save it for everybody so all pensions are paid in full… NOT JUST FOR RETIREES. If you don’t like it get over it, because personally I don’t care.

I will not respond to ignorant posters, or ignorant post, unless I choose to. You know who you are, and I am not going to try to explain it to you, when you really don’t care. You don’t know the facts, and don’t give a dam about what is happening or how this will affect those involved. IMO you are only here to start a trouble. If you don’t like it… That is your problem, and I personally don’t care!!!

I like to know after we are gone who is going to fight for you… With your arrogance and ethics, I know you won’t stand up for yourself. You have already proved it here with your actions. You better hope there will be someone is still around that has not been brainwashed like you have, and willing to speak out and fight for what is right.

MPRA was created by CSPF Executive Director Thomas Nyhan, and NCCMP Executive Director RandyG.DeFrehn. This bill was wrote for CSPF, designed to make the Retirees pay for CSPF incompetence, and Wall Street’s arrogant ways of stealing from Pension Funds. The Department of Labor and US District Courts Knew this was happening, but kept a blind eye to the theft. This bill was wrote so CSPF would not be held accountable. This bill in my mind is unconstitutional. Besides stealing Retirees pensions, they designed it so our vote means nothing. There is no provision if CSPF again becomes solvent. Retirees will not ever receive their full pension once CSPF Rescue Plan was implemented. There is too many things wrong with this bill and Congressman Kline knew that this bill would never be passed if it was to be voted on its own merits. Congress pushed this bill thru to protect PBGC from having to fulfill their promise of guaranteed pensions. CSPF has been paying PBGC to insure Retirees will be paid if their pension fund cannot. IMO this is fraud to take money with no intentions of every paying out.

No Retiree is going to accept a cut in their pension unless they are forced to. Retirees worked until they felt they were secure financially for their upcoming Retirement. They depend on their promised pension to make their home and auto payments. Their pension was negotiated and paid in on their behalf. Many times giving up wages, and benefits to guarantee we would have our pensions when it came time to retiree. If their pension are cut they will not be able to pay for their home, auto, health, and Life insurance payments… Not be able to take care of their monthly obligations, resulting in having to seek Government assistance. Health care keeps raising and takes a big portion of their income, leaving them very little at the end of the month. For those who think Retirees are greedy, and meester’s, you don’t know what they are talking about, and are ignorant. You say Retiree’s don’t care about the active people, your wrong again. They are trying to save it for everybody, not just for themselves. Have you read CSPF economic statement? I don’t think you have! If Retirees are forced to take cuts, this is going to affect more than just the Retiree, it is going to affect the local businesses, Schools, their committees, Counties, State, and the Federal Government thru loss of tax dollars, and Retirees buying power. I know you don’t care but it could be the start of the next economic disaster in the United States, and this will have effects on every man, woman and child. So if you don’t like it that Retirees fighting the cuts, just for their survival that is your problem... not mine. Retirees around the country are organizing and talking to congress to find a solution, one that will benefit everybody, but if the choice is getting our pension cut by 50 to 70% then we choose to draw our full pension till it runs dry. Many of us won’t be around in 10 years, so they have nothing to lose. If you don’t like it then GET OVER IT, because we will fight to keep what is ours.

You want us to take cuts just so you will get your full pension… NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Retirees are having to fight for everything, just for survival. My Question to you is What are you going to do when our Government tries to destroy Social Security, It’s your money, and you paid in it, are you going to fight for it? Knowing you, I believe you will just accept it. Are you going to demand senior citizens take a cut or die to guarantee you get yours? Personally I believe you are brainwashed and you will just accept it.

IMO, you are so blinded and bitter you won’t even try to fight to save your own pension. If you won’t fight for what is yours they that is your problem. Retirees are trying to save it for everybody so all pensions are paid in full… NOT JUST FOR RETIREES. If you don’t like it get over it, because personally I don’t care.

I will not respond to ignorant posters, or ignorant post, unless I choose to. You know who you are, and I am not going to try to explain it to you, when you really don’t care. You don’t know the facts, and don’t give a dam about what is happening or how this will affect those involved. IMO you are only here to start a trouble. If you don’t like it… That is your problem, and I personally don’t care!!!

I like to know after we are gone who is going to fight for you… With your arrogance and ethics, I know you won’t stand up for yourself. You have already proved it here with your actions. You better hope there will be someone is still around that has not been brainwashed like you have, and willing to speak out and fight for what is right.

Boy, that was refreshing to read. I must say that was a well written, thought out post.

For those who think Retirees are greedy, and meester’s, you don’t know what they are talking about, and are ignorant. You say Retiree’s don’t care about the active people, your wrong again. They are trying to save it for everybody, not just for themselves. Have you read CSPF economic statement? I don’t think you have! If Retirees are forced to take cuts, this is going to affect more than just the Retiree, it is going to affect the local businesses, Schools, their committees, Counties, State, and the Federal Government thru loss of tax dollars, and Retirees buying power. I know you don’t care but it could be the start of the next economic disaster in the United States, and this will have effects on every man, woman and child. So if you don’t like it that Retirees fighting the cuts, just for their survival that is your problem... not mine. Retirees around the country are organizing and talking to congress to find a solution, one that will benefit everybody, but if the choice is getting our pension cut by 50 to 70% then we choose to draw our full pension till it runs dry. Many of us won’t be around in 10 years, so they have nothing to lose. If you don’t like it then GET OVER IT, because we will fight to keep what is ours.

I agree we should fight for our pensions but then you stabbed the current workers in the back with your talk of running it into the ground if it doesn't go your way. The bottom two or three sentences says that to me right there.

Last edited:
That's why alot of you that are in the CSPF don't even get close to deciding what to do with the funds.Id rather merge all the Teamster pension funds and then or before the government needs to make the PBGC good again by diverting funds to that account.

That's why alot of you that are in the CSPF don't even get close to deciding what to do with the funds.Id rather merge all the Teamster pension funds and then or before the government needs to make the PBGC good again by diverting funds to that account.
Who would agree to that? Why would western states pension fund want to merge with the failing funds? Good luck with that one.

As for your credentials, they didn't impress me a bit and as a matter of fact they had quite the opposite effect which I'm sure many other true blooded Teamsters felt the same way. At least now I know where your deceit comes from and that would be Teamster management. Don't get me wrong, I know a few reasonable guys that were Teamster management but this proves to me that you are far from it. What's the matter, couldn't you hold a job for too long? Heck, you couldn't even decide what you wanted in life. You wanted union, then management, then non union. My take on this, you should of stuck with Teamster management, it would of been a perfect fit. Or did they fire you because you couldn't get the job done?

I take a little break from TB because there are a few bad apples that made it less than enjoyable and a waste of time.....I come back here to see what kind of hot topics are being discussed, only to be reminded why I took a self imposed break the first and second time. Had a little time in the timeout corner in between there as well.

My credentials weren't there to impress. They were there to give a little insight. I don't have to take your little quiz to prove worthiness. Either you are capable of reasonable debate or you are not. It shouldn't matter who you are debating.

Couldn't hold a job? Couldn't decide what I wanted in life? You are foolish man making such assumptions.

nounionfool said:
I asked you "Do you find it reasonable that since the government stuck their nose into the fund and dictate who will be the ones in charge of granting exclusive responsibility and authority to control and manage the fund’s assets, appoint, replace, and remove investment managers, allocate fund investment assets and monitor the performance of all investment managers, they should also take on the responsibility of that decision". And this is your reply--- "Sure, they can give you exactly what you are entitled to, and were guaranteed to receive. $35.75/mo x years of service. How come you don't have any responsibility for the mess? Were you not reading your notices of Critical Status for the last how many years? Why do you think it is Federal Law for them to notify you?

Let me explain it to you slowly this time. I answered you before. S U R E, as in Y E S. Now, you should be entitled to $35.75/mo for each year of service. That's how I think the "government" should take responsibility.

nounionfool said:
A reasonable dialogue you say, maybe with Teamster management but not with any true blooded Teamster member.

I happen to know a few, hard-working, honorable Teamsters who are quite capable of reasonable dialogue with me. I am sure they would appreciate you considering them something other than a "true blooded Teamster member". There's a saying about spoiled apples and a cart. Maybe somebody could look that up and splain it to you.

I agree we should fight for our pensions but then you stabbed the current workers in the back with your talk of running it into the ground if it doesn't go your way. The bottom two or three sentences says that to me right there.

My point is you have to fight for something if it is important. You can't just keep crying about something (Do Nothing), and expect to keep it. I have been telling both Active and Retirees to get involved for this is our best chance to protect our pension fund for everybody. We are not tying to save pensions for just Retirees, but trying to make sure every single person will receive his full pension.

I know about the past and why we are in the condition we are in. I also know under Government supervision Wall street has lost 11 Billion Dollars in 2008, and 2009 with high risk investments, and exorbitant fee's. The DOL & US District courts receive quarterly reports since 1982 without a single audit. The real problem is right here. This is what we need to concentrate on to try to recover lost monies. By the way this is Restitution, and not a Bailout!!!

There are over 60 committees out there now across 30 states, trying to work with congress to find a solution that will be good for everybody. There are people as we speak seeking other solutions. Do I know what they are? No, but I do know we are not alone in this fight, and to win we will need strength in numbers to make the difference. The IBT needs to be contacting the locals to explain to every single teamster letting them know what is happening... WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!