R&L | Do something fast!!!!!!!!!

I watched the same video. I understand what they are doing. It makes sense, they are using "flex" labor to help us NOT replace us.

You must be very naive.

Once they see the cost difference between lease power and company, they will slowly but surely push you guys out the door. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

They don't pay the lease guys health insurance, retirement, vacation, holidays, plus they save on social security taxes and workman's comp...not to mention equipment maintenance and depreciation.

I've seen this all go down before, and it's heartbreaking watching guys with 10, 15, 20+ years invested in a company get the boot. Bookmark this post and reference it back in about 2-3 years and you'll see that I'm right.

r+l has proven to be different than the competition, thats what brought them to where they are today. theres a lot be be said about "pride in our people, pride in our performance"...

everyone needs to relax in my mind, do their jobs while going the extra mile when asked. i guess i can't help but think those who worry about their job worry for a reason - mainly cause their not doing their job!

Good point Buford, a bad cheap employee can do the company more harm than good. Do your job and keep your nose clean and you'll have no problem.

I'm more concerned than anything.Ive been here 5 yrs and work hard for them.I want to be here for the long term but I'm not walking around with rose colored glasses either.Ive been screwed by too many trucking companies in 23 yrs to trust completely.

You must be very naive.

Once they see the cost difference between lease power and company, they will slowly but surely push you guys out the door. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

They don't pay the lease guys health insurance, retirement, vacation, holidays, plus they save on social security taxes and workman's comp...not to mention equipment maintenance and depreciation.

I've seen this all go down before, and it's heartbreaking watching guys with 10, 15, 20+ years invested in a company get the boot. Bookmark this post and reference it back in about 2-3 years and you'll see that I'm right.

Well,your off on some of your points.The lease drivers that R&L intends to use will still be payed by R&L because its part of their own company,not an outside company and they will receive benefits.Actually the same benefit as us,they will just pay more for them and not receive them until they finish their probation.

I'm more concerned than anything.Ive been here 5 yrs and work hard for them.I want to be here for the long term but I'm not walking around with rose colored glasses either.Ive been screwed by too many trucking companies in 23 yrs to trust completely.

How many companies have screwed you?

In my 11 years, the scorecard is:

Screwed by the company: 5

Screwed by a supervisor: 2

Screwed by a customer: 2

Underpaid: 3

Note: Some places had more than one of the above problem. I just attributed the biggest one to each.

How many companies have screwed you?

In my 11 years, the scorecard is:

Screwed by the company: 5

Screwed by a supervisor: 2

Screwed by a customer: 2

Underpaid: 3

Note: Some places had more than one of the above problem. I just attributed the biggest one to each.

DS, are you saying that you've had 11 different jobs in 11 years?
Dang........... Guess I've had it good, I've worked at 4 different outfits since I started driving trucks, in 1987 :smilie_132:

DS, are you saying that you've had 11 different jobs in 11 years?
Dang........... Guess I've had it good, I've worked at 4 different outfits since I started driving trucks, in 1987 :smilie_132:

Your math is off. It's actually 12 jobs, 1 of which I was with in two different stints.

2 of the 3 that were underpayers were driver lease companies, though, and they don't expect you to stay there for life, just until you get a better job.

I had two jobs that only lasted 2 months each. On one, the TM lied about me so he could hire his buddy instead. On the other, they told me and three other guys what they were needing done, and it turned out to be something entirely different, something that would have made anyone run the other way. All three of us quit.

It used to be that if you KNEW you were going to get fired, it was better to resign and then it wouldn't look so bad. But now people will just accuse you of quitting because you "couldn't take it" or something. You can't win.

Your math is off. It's actually 12 jobs, 1 of which I was with in two different stints.

2 of the 3 that were underpayers were driver lease companies, though, and they don't expect you to stay there for life, just until you get a better job.

I had two jobs that only lasted 2 months each. On one, the TM lied about me so he could hire his buddy instead. On the other, they told me and three other guys what they were needing done, and it turned out to be something entirely different, something that would have made anyone run the other way. All three of us quit.

It used to be that if you KNEW you were going to get fired, it was better to resign and then it wouldn't look so bad. But now people will just accuse you of quitting because you "couldn't take it" or something. You can't win.
Sounds like you have problems....Sounds like you couldn't take it or something...:biglaugh:

Sounds like you have problems....Sounds like you couldn't take it or something...:biglaugh:

Maybe I just don't felate to others as well as you do. :butt kiss:

Can't you frickin' read? None of these were about "not being able to take it" Read the scorecard again if you can actually read. If not, get your mommy to help you.

Maybe I just don't felate to others as well as you do. :butt kiss:

Can't you frickin' read? None of these were about "not being able to take it" Read the scorecard again if you can actually read. If not, get your mommy to help you.

Now get back under the bossman's desk!

Can't you frickin read? None of these had anything to do with "not being able to take it". Go back and read the scorecard again. If you can't read, get someone to help you.

My "stick-to-it-ive-ness" has worked against me more times than it's helped. Credit for my hard work usually goes to the bossman or an a**-kisser.

I'm seriously considering setting up my own website, as soon as I have both the money and the time, where I explain the WHOLE story, and include W-2 forms, taped phone calls, advertisements for the jobs where they advertise one rate of pay and then pay something else, and then after I'm gone, advertise the same false rate again, court documents showing the crookedness of management, etc. There's no way I could put all that on here and expect to stay anonymous.

Maybe I just don't felate to others as well as you do.

Now get back under the bossman's desk.

Can't you read? None of these had to do with not being able to take it.

I'm going to set up my own website, when I have the time and money, explaining the whole story, along with the documentaion and taped phone calls I have to prove what I am saying.

Go back and reread the scorecard again. If you can't read, get someone to help you.

Now get back under the bossman's desk.

BTW--are you a Braceface because you've been smashed in the face so many times because of your attitude? I hope you don't act this way at your job.

Dang! 4 posts saying essentially the same thing in like 35 minutes..........

Can't take it, huh DS? A little sensitive about your shortcomings are ya?
Setup a website to explain your side of the story?
Geez DS, do you really think anybody would care enough to go to your site? What would be the attraction?
Come see how the little boy from KC was so abused by the man!
Read how one man's life was forever ruined by the injustices of the evil corporate world of trucking!

Let it go........................

DriveSafely:

Can't you take it??? No you can't!!! You are mentally ill, and your displays of ignorence show this to everyone.....Why don't you do yourself a favor and check yourself in to the nuthouse, I'm sure you will find a lot of others who think just like you..A poor little victim...Cry for us all a little bit more...Poor little baby, go start you a web site, so you can see how no one cares about you, or what you think... What a "FRIGIN NUT JOB":biglaugh:

Geez DS, do you really think anybody would care enough to go to your site? What would be the attraction?
Read how one man's life was forever ruined by the injustices of the evil corporate world of trucking!

:biglaugh:Funny:biglaugh:FUNNY:biglaugh:FUNNY:biglaugh:fUNNY

Do Something Fast

According to the Paramount drivers they have plenty of freight. Yes, I understand you asking the TM and getting that response because we too have asked and that is the answer we get. But then when it's time to go on our run, we have to call in and see IF we are running.

I reported all that mess too. There was no call for what he said to Braceface.