TForce | doctor's note

andrew09

TB Lurker
Credits
We had to sign a form the other day that said if we were going to be out sick, even for one day we will now have to show a doctor's note. The TM said it was because a few people had excessive absences. He said it was on page 23 of the hand book. My question is did anybody else have to sign this form.

We had to sign a form the other day that said if we were going to be out sick, even for one day we will now have to show a doctor's note. The TM said it was because a few people had excessive absences. He said it was on page 23 of the hand book. My question is did anybody else have to sign this form.

No,but,this is why we need to have contract protections in place.

I would never sign that! what, does your TM go to the doctor every time he is not feeling good. Ask to see his note the next time he is not there!! Tell them you cant afford the copay to go to the doctor every time you feel under the weather!:hide:

I do not have the book in front of me, but it say something about the TM having the right to ask for a doctor's note even if you are out one day.

I think your TM is on CRAC. I hope you don`t mind but I looked at your profile to see who you work for. Tell him you want to see this rule, and what is the repercussion if you do not go see a doctor. There`s a little thing called FMLA ( family medical leave act) next time take 3 days off go see the dr and get a note, your TM will have to excuse the absense and give you Family medical leave. Its no wonder you guys sre looking to organize! :chairshot: for your TM :nutkick: annd that, because this is him :toxic: :hysterical:

Alot of employees are pissed off because if they are sick they might not be able to get a doctor's appt.

UUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!! YEAH! I for one don't go to the doc for every little cold, ache or pain either. But I do use my sick days for them.:chairshot:

I have been saying since day 1 of UPS taking over localy and on here, that UPS has the exact rules "same wording" as one of my other emloyers "coca cola" which happens to also be in Atlanta.

They had the same rule it said "Management can request a doctors note when an employee uses a sick day"

If you didn't have a doctors note it could be counted as a nonexcused absence.

But the contract does not address this UPS can make up any rules they want to, they don't have to get them approved by the union as long as the rule does not violate the contract.

I have been saying since day 1 of UPS taking over localy and on here, that UPS has the exact rules "same wording" as one of my other emloyers "coca cola" which happens to also be in Atlanta.

They had the same rule it said "Management can request a doctors note when an employee uses a sick day"

But the contract does not address this UPS can make up any rules they want to, they don't have to get them approved by the union as long as the rule does not violate the contract.
Well then I would become real good friends with a doctor and have an excuse for everyday I took off. Its still BS though. My doc is cool and knows he will see me every 3-4 months anyway and would do it. Man that just makes me so mad. Friggin mgmt takes days off all the time where is there note. Drop it on hole 9 today?:tongue0002:

My question is does anyone even have a new handbook?

So much for the three discretionary days to be used as you want.

UPSF RULE BOOK Page 23 Excused Absences,
Sickness or Injury UPSF may inform you prior to your return to work that a doctors excuse is required. A doctor's note will always be required for absences of three consecutive days or more UNLESS the requirement has been waived in advance by management.

Looks like your $hit out of luck.

Sickness or Injury UPSF may inform you prior to your return to work that a doctors excuse is required. A doctor's note will always be required for absences of three consecutive days or more UNLESS the requirement has been waived in advance by management.

yep they just signed the waiver!!:chairshot::chairshot:

When they changed from sick to discretionary days I thought we wouldn't have to lie and say we were sick if we wanted a day off that we didn't schedule.
Turns out the discretionary days need to be requested just like vacation and floating holiday.

Right now I don't think they are making issue of it since we are only getting 3 trips a week.
Actually had 4 last week but that was only because of being backed up from the snow the prior weekend.

"Without a contract" .....

As we have said in the past, With out a contract, Management has the power to over ride all rules and policy's as they see fit in order to run their terminal.

... DO NOT be caught without a contract! When my doctor first started taking me off on sick leave, I had to TAKE the form in to the office, then they would take me into the TM's office and harass me by pitching the form across the desk, telling me "we do not need you off from work - we want you here at work!" I just looked at them, pointed to the doctor's form and told them "Apparently my doctor does not think that is a good thing for me to be doing at this time.", got up and left for home. I had already been told by an insider that as soon as I was legally back on the clock, they were going to fire me anyway.

I told my doctor what they were doing, he told me not to go to the office at all. So I started faxing the form to them, getting a confirmation they received it, and also faxing a copy to Richmond. Nothing they could do.

ALL UPSF employees need to be on the same page - with a contract - and all be treated the same, leaving the TM's attitude and predjuices out of the work place! Get it done! Don't take NO for an answer, or you will have the same ole same ole again!

Tying management's hands behind them - priceless!

Darkstar

There are such things as local work rules and company work rules. They are not spelled out in the contract. The are mutaully agreed upon by the lcoal and compnay.

NOT EVERYTHING is spelled out in the contract. Don't live and die by the contract, it will get you in truoble.

I've read page 23 and it doesn't say anyhting out gettting a note for one day off but it does for three day out. Its all up to interruptation and whose interrupting it.

I say grew some balls and all call in sick one day and see what happens. There's more than one way to skin a cat.