TForce | Doing some math

Hey guys, Just a little reality check, if UPS would not have bought OVNT we would probably all be looking for a job now. If not looking for a job we would have already lost our 4o1k match, bonuses, and anyother things they had supossedly given us in the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed working for big "O". But the competition being what it is today and with this economic enviroment, we better thank UPS everyday for buying us. In closing if a couple of guys are happy working on the non-union side fine, but we all have to remember all of us are working for the same common goal. That is to make UPSF the best LTL option for any shipper out there, because without happy shippers we will all fail. Have a great day, and be safe.

No you are totally wrong. I have been with this company over 26 years and through some really bad times. During some union strikes where Overnite made some mistakes and the or was way over a dollar. The CEO said he believed in the drivers and people of the company and still got a raise. Other companies would of had a pay cut. I have never missed a pay raise in 26 years. I believe we would still be in business and doing what ever it takes to stay afloat just like all the companies are doing now.
Yes these are perilous times I think we all can be thankful UPS owns us from the stand point they are one of the most solid companies. Overnite was a very good company and I am grateful and thankful to of worked and raised my family while being employed there.:popcorn:

I am sick of these whiners ! You see them at every domicile and hear them on the C.B. ! I liked it at Overnite, I grew up there ! The truth is that those days are gone. The Blue and Grey Diamond is gone. We're UPS and we are a UNION company ! Get involved at your local. You pay dues and you should be involved. I wish all these guys who cry about the Union would stand by their convictions and freakin' leave already. This is the hand we are dealt. Just like a card game
,you play it to the best of your ability. The insurance sucks this is true. This is also a first contract. Did you expect to get the world handed to you ? I have made a lot more this year and did less than I did last year. For the first time in my career I don't get mad when Central screws up and I have to wait cause I'm getting paid to do it ! If I have to go to a dark terminal and drop and hook a bunch of sets to get two trailers,I get paid ACTUAL time to do it,not some freaky point system ! If the sups at my home terminal can't get their loads cut on time,guess what ? I am getting paid for their screw up ! I feel just terrible that I get paid for all this ! Go whine in the unemployment line !!:chairshot:

Good post! I get tired of the whiners also. Overnite wasn't perfect. I'll be the first to admit that. But like I said before I raised my family and own a house out right. Got a good 401 which is loosing like everybody else's right now. LOL!
I was thankful for a job then and I'm thankful for a job now.

These drivers better start doing all they can to deliver the freight and treat the freight like it belongs to them or they will be looking for a job. It won't be paying what they are getting now either.

But you know the truth it might not sound right. But I would enjoy watching some of the lazy drivers we have working for 9.00 an hour for being the lazy ungrateful pieces of humanity that they are.

We have two terminals in our city and part of the work is being moved the other terminal because they are doing their job and our numbers are in the toilet. Hopefully the sorry drivers responsible will be the first laid off.

Eight to ten hours for eight to ten stops. I guess I don't know if it is true maybe someone can enlighten me.
But I heard there is no time standard for delivering freight under a union contract. So they can't get written up for taking to long. So this true?

Maybe all this will work out in time. I sure hope so.

Good post! I get tired of the whiners also. Overnite wasn't perfect. I'll be the first to admit that. But like I said before I raised my family and own a house out right. Got a good 401 which is loosing like everybody else's right now. LOL!
I was thankful for a job then and I'm thankful for a job now.

These drivers better start doing all they can to deliver the freight and treat the freight like it belongs to them or they will be looking for a job. It won't be paying what they are getting now either.

But you know the truth it might not sound right. But I would enjoy watching some of the lazy drivers we have working for 9.00 an hour for being the lazy ungrateful pieces of humanity that they are.

We have two terminals in our city and part of the work is being moved the other terminal because they are doing their job and our numbers are in the toilet. Hopefully the sorry drivers responsible will be the first laid off.

Eight to ten hours for eight to ten stops. I guess I don't know if it is true maybe someone can enlighten me.
But I heard there is no time standard for delivering freight under a union contract. So they can't get written up for taking to long. So this true?

Maybe all this will work out in time. I sure hope so.

There are no production standards. 8-10 stops in 8 to 10 hours all depends on the stops and where they go, if they are are within a small radius, that is poor but every dispatch is different. Just stating stops per hour is nothing more than bean counter nonsense.You don't know the big picture. It is up to the company to load and route the stops to make a dispatch productive. A driver can not turn lemons into lemonade.

There are no production standards. 8-10 stops in 8 to 10 hours all depends on the stops and where they go, if they are are within a small radius, that is poor but every dispatch is different. Just stating stops per hour is nothing more than bean counter nonsense.You don't know the big picture. It is up to the company to load and route the stops to make a dispatch productive. A driver can not turn lemons into lemonade.

The routes we have are not high mileage. Production standard was the words I was trying to say. Thanks!
The city I live in I have delivered freight in I know how it goes. That was back in the days there was no effort in trying to route the freight. It was blown in and you just had to work it. I think it has nothing to do with union vs nonunion. I think it is more of this generation that just don't have the values and work ethic we the older generation had.

driver, I know what side of the fence I'm on, you guys will always drink the ovnt kool aid, ups did not break up motor cargo the railroad put us on the road to hell when they sold ovnt publicly.....just count your lucky stars ups bought this pile of dog dodo, because if they hadn't you would be out of a job and your terminal would be a dirt sand lot.

No you are totally wrong. I have been with this company over 26 years and through some really bad times. During some union strikes where Overnite made some mistakes and the or was way over a dollar. The CEO said he believed in the drivers and people of the company and still got a raise. Other companies would of had a pay cut. I have never missed a pay raise in 26 years. I believe we would still be in business and doing what ever it takes to stay afloat just like all the companies are doing now.
Yes these are perilous times I think we all can be thankful UPS owns us from the stand point they are one of the most solid companies. Overnite was a very good company and I am grateful and thankful to of worked and raised my family while being employed there.:popcorn:
I was always union but admired Mr. Cochran. He said when he went to his office in the morning and looked out the window he was impressedcthat the U.P.S guy was always running.

driver, I know what side of the fence I'm on, you guys will always drink the ovnt kool aid, ups did not break up motor cargo the railroad put us on the road to hell when they sold ovnt publicly.....just count your lucky stars ups bought this pile of dog dodo, because if they hadn't you would be out of a job and your terminal would be a dirt sand lot.

I think you might be right. I don't think yellow would buy overnite.

Do you really know what side of the fence you are on? Does not sound like it.

You really need to get over it!!!!! You are part of the problem not the solution. It seems as though you cannot ajust. One more thing to remember, Overnite owned you and made you what you are.:hysterical:

Hey Skeeter, I guess if you have been fortunate enough to be around that long, you will remember the rein of the lovley Tom Boswell. Remember the guy that almost single handedly put us out of business. And if you have a good enough memory to recall this you will remember that we did not get a raise in one of those years, we got a 500.00 bonus. I know alot of guys like to remember all the good times at big"O" but let's not forget some of the challenges we faced. Have a good day!!!

Hey Skeeter, I guess if you have been fortunate enough to be around that long, you will remember the rein of the lovley Tom Boswell. Remember the guy that almost single handedly put us out of business. And if you have a good enough memory to recall this you will remember that we did not get a raise in one of those years, we got a 500.00 bonus. I know alot of guys like to remember all the good times at big"O" but let's not forget some of the challenges we faced. Have a good day!!!

Remember where he worked before he came to Overnite???Maybe he went back to Ford.:biglaugh:

I remember that, well done!!!!! I guess he confused us for choo choo's. I bet he recieved his bailout package though.