TForce | Doing some math

Sitting for free used to put a wedge between me and some dispatchers. And as for talking to my TM we did, several times. But there's nothing he can do about it. You've obviously never run the road or sat in CMS or SOH or any other big hub. These places do whatever they want/need to do and dont care about the driver. See when your on a schedule the delay didnt start until one hour after the scheduled departure time. So if you show up at the hub (or a meet) on time say 11:30 and your return time is 12:30, you dont go on delay until 1:30. So if your on a double turn thats 4 hours a night they can get you for without paying you. Imagine how pissed you'd be by the time you got done. This went on for years but not anymore.

I made an extra $275.00 this week between freight delay and weather delays.:1036316054:

Now why would you say that:nutkick: I have just as much right or maybe more depending on how long you have been employeed for the company.
Whoah Whoah Whoah!!! The ONLY time seniority has mattered in the almost 20 years I've been with this company has been the last year!!
You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Either you like the bennies of being in a union, or you don't!
Me,, I'm making more than I ever have.
Thanks Teamsters!

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEME ME ME ME ME ME ME I don't want to pay. It Does not add up.THE UNION IS A BROTHERHOOD. WE DON'T NEED SELFISH CRY BABY'S.

If you take the union dues and add them to the insurance prem. you are paying about $10.00 less per week. Lets do the math $10.00 x 52 weeks = $520.00 x 5 years = $2600.00 401 k match based on $60,000 per year $ 60,000 x 6% = $1800.00 x 5 years $9000.00 Safety bouns $300.00 per year x 5 years = $1500.00 $9000+$1500= 10500-$2600= $7900.00 less for the length of the contract. :TR10driving03:Plus the insurance we have now sucks compared to non union insurance I had before :chairshot:

6%, do you mean 3% at best?

go ask them at YRC if they are getting a raise. and if they still have a job. consider yourself lucky

The average raise for "O" was $.50 a year, and the only way you got that is if the INS. did not go up for that year.

Atleast with the Teamsters, ( and the ins. stinks I agree) we have above standard raises, and the INS. costs are fixed, which means my raise is mine!!!!!! Wow what a concept, and I recieved OT during a holiday week and did not have to work over 40 in 4 days to do it.

I like so far, the INS. can be fixed in 5 years. I will wait.

If you take the union dues and add them to the insurance prem. you are paying about $10.00 less per week. Lets do the math $10.00 x 52 weeks = $520.00 x 5 years = $2600.00 401 k match based on $60,000 per year $ 60,000 x 6% = $1800.00 x 5 years $9000.00 Safety bouns $300.00 per year x 5 years = $1500.00 $9000+$1500= 10500-$2600= $7900.00 less for the length of the contract. :TR10driving03:Plus the insurance we have now sucks compared to non union insurance I had before :chairshot:

I am sick of these whiners ! You see them at every domicile and hear them on the C.B. ! I liked it at Overnite, I grew up there ! The truth is that those days are gone. The Blue and Grey Diamond is gone. We're UPS and we are a UNION company ! Get involved at your local. You pay dues and you should be involved. I wish all these guys who cry about the Union would stand by their convictions and freakin' leave already. This is the hand we are dealt. Just like a card game
,you play it to the best of your ability. The insurance sucks this is true. This is also a first contract. Did you expect to get the world handed to you ? I have made a lot more this year and did less than I did last year. For the first time in my career I don't get mad when Central screws up and I have to wait cause I'm getting paid to do it ! If I have to go to a dark terminal and drop and hook a bunch of sets to get two trailers,I get paid ACTUAL time to do it,not some freaky point system ! If the sups at my home terminal can't get their loads cut on time,guess what ? I am getting paid for their screw up ! I feel just terrible that I get paid for all this ! Go whine in the unemployment line !!:chairshot:

I am sick of these whiners ! You see them at every domicile and hear them on the C.B. ! I liked it at Overnite, I grew up there ! The truth is that those days are gone. The Blue and Grey Diamond is gone. We're UPS and we are a UNION company ! Get involved at your local. You pay dues and you should be involved. I wish all these guys who cry about the Union would stand by their convictions and freakin' leave already. This is the hand we are dealt. Just like a card game
,you play it to the best of your ability. The insurance sucks this is true. This is also a first contract. Did you expect to get the world handed to you ? I have made a lot more this year and did less than I did last year. For the first time in my career I don't get mad when Central screws up and I have to wait cause I'm getting paid to do it ! If I have to go to a dark terminal and drop and hook a bunch of sets to get two trailers,I get paid ACTUAL time to do it,not some freaky point system ! If the sups at my home terminal can't get their loads cut on time,guess what ? I am getting paid for their screw up ! I feel just terrible that I get paid for all this ! Go whine in the unemployment line !!:chairshot:

Good post Mr. Breeze, I love you man. Teamster Elvis out....

i am sick of these whiners ! You see them at every domicile and hear them on the c.b. ! I liked it at overnite, i grew up there ! The truth is that those days are gone. The blue and grey diamond is gone. We're ups and we are a union company ! Get involved at your local. You pay dues and you should be involved. I wish all these guys who cry about the union would stand by their convictions and freakin' leave already. This is the hand we are dealt. Just like a card game
,you play it to the best of your ability. The insurance sucks this is true. This is also a first contract. Did you expect to get the world handed to you ? I have made a lot more this year and did less than i did last year. For the first time in my career i don't get mad when central screws up and i have to wait cause i'm getting paid to do it ! If i have to go to a dark terminal and drop and hook a bunch of sets to get two trailers,i get paid actual time to do it,not some freaky point system ! If the sups at my home terminal can't get their loads cut on time,guess what ? I am getting paid for their screw up ! I feel just terrible that i get paid for all this ! Go whine in the unemployment line !!:chairshot:

:1036316054::1036316054: 100%

Hey guys, Just a little reality check, if UPS would not have bought OVNT we would probably all be looking for a job now. If not looking for a job we would have already lost our 4o1k match, bonuses, and anyother things they had supossedly given us in the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed working for big "O". But the competition being what it is today and with this economic enviroment, we better thank UPS everyday for buying us. In closing if a couple of guys are happy working on the non-union side fine, but we all have to remember all of us are working for the same common goal. That is to make UPSF the best LTL option for any shipper out there, because without happy shippers we will all fail. Have a great day, and be safe.

6% is a pipe dream Your lucky these days to get 3. We just started the Blue Cross Blue Shield plan and I'm saving money each week, the coverage is better and more widely accepted than Aetna. I can't complain.

As for the 401k issue...Ask any Conway driver about his retirement and he''ll choke from laughing at that question.

As for us,maybe it's not the best etc. but it's locked in for 5 years and can't be touched. These days,companies are doing Anything to bolster the bottom line for the stockholders. closing Barns,consolidating subsidiaries,lay-offs, freezing or cancelling retirements/401K plans.

I'll stick with what we have and be glad for it,and when the time comes for contract talks,I'll fight for every bit I can get with the help and guidance from my Steward.

God Bless and Peace Out.

6% is a pipe dream Your lucky these days to get 3. We just started the Blue Cross Blue Shield plan and I'm saving money each week, the coverage is better and more widely accepted than Aetna. I can't complain.

As for the 401k issue...Ask any Conway driver about his retirement and he''ll choke from laughing at that question.

As for us,maybe it's not the best etc. but it's locked in for 5 years and can't be touched. These days,companies are doing Anything to bolster the bottom line for the stockholders. closing Barns,consolidating subsidiaries,lay-offs, freezing or cancelling retirements/401K plans.

I'll stick with what we have and be glad for it,and when the time comes for contract talks,I'll fight for every bit I can get with the help and guidance from my Steward.

God Bless and Peace Out.

Once again it's just alot of *****in from people that don't like the union. When they don't get what others have fought for, for decades(MFA) in their first time around the block. If we all stick together and make lists of what we want to change for the next go around we can make it better. Stop ur *****in and be apart of the process. Complainers never solve any problems they only create more.:ranting2:

Once again it's just alot of *****in from people that don't like the union. When they don't get what others have fought for, for decades(MFA) in their first time around the block. If we all stick together and make lists of what we want to change for the next go around we can make it better. Stop ur *****in and be apart of the process. Complainers never solve any problems they only create more.:ranting2:

True, But at this point our contract is better than the NMFA. Our contract is the start of what all LtL contracts will eventually be.

so much for the confederate gray, yamma obama will not want to see any of that, guess you will have to take down the confederate flags.....you stick together driver, drink that teamsters kool aid.....the company got what they wanted the central states pension fund and now it is it's goal to rid the union at any cost.....been there and done that, just ask any union reno driver what overnite has done and continues to do to us on a daily basis.

so much for the confederate gray, yamma obama will not want to see any of that, guess you will have to take down the confederate flags.....you stick together driver, drink that teamsters kool aid.....the company got what they wanted the central states pension fund and now it is it's goal to rid the union at any cost.....been there and done that, just ask any union reno driver what overnite has done and continues to do to us on a daily basis.

First off, we are not in the CENTRAL STATES PENTION FUND. We still have the same pention fund we had with the Big "O". Oh and BTW Its that pention fund that will pay almost less than HALF of what my friends in tha NMFA are getting paid now. Do you really think UPS is going to let you go into the Central States fund after paying over 8 BILLION to get the parcel guys out of it.

What do you have against the Union anyway?? Also the NMFA did'nt start off as good as they have it now. They had to fight for everything they have for decades. The one thing that helps that is for ALL of us to stick together. We are all on the same team. You can accomplish great things when you are UNITED.

What do you have against the Union anyway?? Also the NMFA did'nt start off as good as they have it now. They had to fight for everything they have for decades. The one thing that helps that is for ALL of us to stick together. We are all on the same team. You can accomplish great things when you are UNITED.

You can't argue with webidiot. He doe's not know what side of the fence he is on today. He is mad because UPS broke up the Motor cargo family and he takes it out on the Overnite employee's.

You can't argue with webidiot. He doe's not know what side of the fence he is on today. He is mad because UPS broke up the Motor cargo family and he takes it out on the Overnite employee's.

So its alot like when ABF bought Carolina. They still don't get along.