TForce | Doing some math

I know. But Thats something to work on from the next contract on. The NMFA did'nt start out with all the bells and whistles, they had to negotiate and fight for what they have today.

:chairshot: Look at what all the big union companys have the are in very bad financial trouble and worst of all:chairshot: lots of layoffs and the loss of benfits

I have gotten one thing that I would never had without the Teamsters; The right to grieve! Hat in hand? or grieve? I don't have to kiss anyones *** or ask any favors. I get it because the contract says so and no one can take it away, without a vote.
Every terminal but 5 have joined the Teamsters, yet you have it better? Things have never been better since April 7th, 2008. How much OT do you get when you have a day off in a week? Most likely zero. I can take 6 three day weekends and all my Holiday weeks and I still get OT. I worked 3 days last week and still got 6.25 hours of OT. :clap:

:chairshot: Look at what all the big union companys have the are in very bad financial trouble and worst of all:chairshot: lots of layoffs and the loss of benfits

They are NOT in trouble because of the union. They are in trouble because of poor management. They bit off more than they could chew when they borrowed all of the money to buy Roadway and USF. UPS makes BILLIONS and they the highest wages.:nutkick:

I have gotten one thing that I would never had without the Teamsters; The right to grieve! Hat in hand? or grieve? I don't have to kiss anyones *** or ask any favors. I get it because the contract says so and no one can take it away, without a vote.
Every terminal but 5 have joined the Teamsters, yet you have it better? Things have never been better since April 7th, 2008. How much OT do you get when you have a day off in a week? Most likely zero. I can take 6 three day weekends and all my Holiday weeks and I still get OT. I worked 3 days last week and still got 6.25 hours of OT. :clap:

I could not have said it better myself. Christmas week I got 5.75 hrs. fo ot.:1036316054:

Well hell I hope something is better but the overtime is the only thing. Keep in mind if you work over 40 hours a week anyway as I do it has no effect . Its only when you are off a day . But the after 8 overtime cant make up for the 401 safety bouns crappy ins the b/s that you here all the time and as far as greiving I dont need anyone to speak for me I can speek for myself

I am at a union ctr I get the same wonderful b/s benifts and dont pay union dues. wish I had a choice to have non union benifts

Transfer. We don't want you in our union shop anyhow. Teamster Elvis out....

Now why would you say that:nutkick: I have just as much right or maybe more depending on how long you have been employeed for the company . This company was non union when I started and I have too much time invested to leave. So I must tough it out. You also must tough it out for the next 4 and 1 half years with a crappy contract one that you think is so great:biglaugh: Maybe the new contract will be better and make it worth joining instead nobody can convince me that the current contract is better than b/4. I think its worse!!!!! I work to feed my family just as you do I just dont agree with the fact that the union rules apply to me since im not a member I think I should be able to have the non union benifits if I choose. I dont want anybody to loose there job and wish no bad luck to anyone. Unless they try and screw me :1036316054: But this is a prime example of what unions do to a company it puts wedges between employees and managment and employees and employees .

Now why would you say that:nutkick: I have just as much right or maybe more depending on how long you have been employeed for the company . This company was non union when I started and I have too much time invested to leave. So I must tough it out. You also must tough it out for the next 4 and 1 half years with a crappy contract one that you think is so great:biglaugh: Maybe the new contract will be better and make it worth joining instead nobody can convince me that the current contract is better than b/4. I think its worse!!!!! I work to feed my family just as you do I just dont agree with the fact that the union rules apply to me since im not a member I think I should be able to have the non union benifits if I choose. I dont want anybody to loose there job and wish no bad luck to anyone. Unless they try and screw me :1036316054: But this is a prime example of what unions do to a company it puts wedges between employees and managment and employees and employees .

The unions put wedges between the employees and the company if you mean it gives the employees rights and protection from wrong doings. The company cannot stand the fact that they to have a set of rules to follow now. They must think before they act or there will be consequences.:TR10driving03:

Sitting for free used to put a wedge between me and some dispatchers. And as for talking to my TM we did, several times. But there's nothing he can do about it. You've obviously never run the road or sat in CMS or SOH or any other big hub. These places do whatever they want/need to do and dont care about the driver. See when your on a schedule the delay didnt start until one hour after the scheduled departure time. So if you show up at the hub (or a meet) on time say 11:30 and your return time is 12:30, you dont go on delay until 1:30. So if your on a double turn thats 4 hours a night they can get you for without paying you. Imagine how pissed you'd be by the time you got done. This went on for years but not anymore.

you must have had a lot of xtra stuff too I checked on upser and veiwed a paycheck 68.00 is what I paid

Did any of you guys look to see where this good ole boy is domiciled ? Yep, that's right...a right to work state ! He probably thinks Harwood is coming back from retirement to buy back the company and "make it right" for all the rest of the "good ole boys" ! Get real ! The best thing we could have done after UPS bought us was vote the teamsters in ! We should have been a Union Company on August 4, 2005 ! Bet it sucks to have the same rules apply in VA. as they do everywhere else ! :butt kiss::hysterical:

Did any of you guys look to see where this good ole boy is domiciled ? Yep, that's right...a right to work state ! He probably thinks Harwood is coming back from retirement to buy back the company and "make it right" for all the rest of the "good ole boys" ! Get real ! The best thing we could have done after UPS bought us was vote the teamsters in ! We should have been a Union Company on August 4, 2005 ! Bet it sucks to have the same rules apply in VA. as they do everywhere else ! :butt kiss::hysterical:

I refused to get into it with him. But you said it for me. Thanks. Anyone who doesn't see a need for representation, when you are dealing with UPS, is either mentally challenged or receiving preferential treatment, for one reason or another. Look at it as a business venture. Your business is providing for your family. The Teamsters are your associates. You are trading your skills for compensation. Period. This is not a family. It is not a team. UPS satisfies the share holders. We satisfy our families. The sooner we get away from the Overnite mentality, turn the page, and realize we are working for a 50 billion dollar a year behemoth, we will all be better off. You and I and all of us here are nothing more than a pawn in this enormous chess game. We must protect ourselves and each other, do the best job we can, on a daily basis, and work with the Teamsters to get the most we can from this business venture. IT'S ALL BUSINESS. That is the way they are looking at it, and that is the way we should as well. Teamster Elvis out....