FedEx Freight | Don't Be Shy ... Tell Us Your Praise or Complaints of your job Part 2

Respectfully Jeff, whats the point? Customer, Company, Equipment, Moral, Going the extra mile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,aaaaaaaaaaaah not anymore, JUST GIVE ME MY PAYCHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The extra board City drivers at my barn must wait for a phone call each day on when to start. You would think they could tell us the prior evening.

The extra board City drivers at my barn must wait for a phone call each day on when to start. You would think they could tell us the prior evening.

But if drivers are willing to accept putting their life on hold to get a phone call of when to come in, and its possible you might not get called in, can you blame the company for being that way? Everyone looks at the 19+/hr LTL pay and think, dang where else will I make this per hr. But you are giving up so much to get that, so is it really worth it? I used to think the same way. Now, give me a $14/hr job that I can go home after 8 hrs and worry about nothing else.

But if drivers are willing to accept putting their life on hold to get a phone call of when to come in, and its possible you might not get called in, can you blame the company for being that way? Everyone looks at the 19+/hr LTL pay and think, dang where else will I make this per hr. But you are giving up so much to get that, so is it really worth it? I used to think the same way. Now, give me a $14/hr job that I can go home after 8 hrs and worry about nothing else.

Had a friend worked here, quit to take a job hauling heavy equipment for $8 an hour less...40 hours a week and out. He loves the time with his small kids. Money isn't everything...

ST

What is SO WRONG with a company, even this large, with treating their employees like human beings??? I realize there are rules to follow, I have no problem with that... But after they put out that dvd that said "if you don't like it here, get lost", What The F*** ???? These people could get so much more for the money by treating us a little better,,, as in just not Threatening us every second of every day... A Lot of us know how to do this job well, be it drive a truck, load a trailer, etc... This "could be" a good place to earn a living,,, like the former 3 companies it destroyed... BUT,, it's not... Are you listening management ??? IF you want to relate,,, Communism is the same as what you are forcing on us.... You never hear (at least around here) "you did a good job today,, thanks" ... Instead,, "you screwed up, one more time and you're fired"... You Reap what you Sow...

Had a friend worked here, quit to take a job hauling heavy equipment for $8 an hour less...40 hours a week and out. He loves the time with his small kids. Money isn't everything...

ST

You can say that again. I used to want all the hours possible, I'd take the extra line runs on holidays when no one else wanted them. Now, Id rather make less and be on the river or lake fishing or drinking a budlight!

central dispatch is such a pain in the arss. they have no idea what they are doing,,,,,,,,ever!!!!!! and they are so arrogant on top of it all. could name some but against the rules. and im sure you gents have had your own experiences with them. the wait time for them to pick up the horn is a joke. But all of this is what this sh$thole of a company has become. I wish we could go back to being a freight company instead of just another part of FedEx the investment center. oh well, PAYCHECK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Lets see where do I start?? company senority on bidding I know this affects a lot of drivers but you asked so I am saying!! Central not approving motels when weather is bad really?? Safety tying up trailers to pole so they don't move when loading!! really but it out of service!! Snow removal between trailers when possible
I could go on forever but whats the point I just bend over and take it like a man till I find another job and the more stupid they get the more I make!!! lmao

Lets see where do I start?? company senority on bidding I know this affects a lot of drivers but you asked so I am saying!! Central not approving motels when weather is bad really?? Safety tying up trailers to pole so they don't move when loading!! really but it out of service!! Snow removal between trailers when possible
I could go on forever but whats the point I just bend over and take it like a man till I find another job and the more stupid they get the more I make!!! lmao

What's wrong with tying the trailer to a pole? It's the ice under the trailer that is the problem,not the trailer.

Crappy fork trucks that haven't seen a drop of oil since the day they were put on the dock. I always love getting the ones with the square wheels.