DriveCam ... By Lytx

Discussion in 'Saia' started by runawaytrain, May 19, 2016.

1. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

So the brown stays around.

2. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Is your issue with the driver facing camera, or cameras as a whole? I feel that driver cameras are nothing more than an excuse to "coach" and create a paper trail. Outward facing cameras are unfortunately going to be the norm imo. That said I'm glad I've retired.

3. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

I like the outward facing cameras because they are what saves the company in the event of a crash. But I feel the same way you do about the inward facing cameras. It's a micromanagement tool, nothing more.

I can live with cameras if the company knocks off the BS with coaching drivers about frivolous crap and reverses their no Bluetooth/no CB policies. Anyone who thinks truckers should not be allowed to use a CB (a useful tool that has been around for 50 years) is delusional anyway. The large outrush of drivers and their struggle in replacing them is proof that the majority of others share this view.

4. othertrucker2001

You had to prove yourself when you started driving trucks, and you still have to prove yourself today. These cameras are ment to disprove YOU as a driver. Why? Because you already know that crap rolls downhill and you've ALWAYS been at the bottom AND you always will be, while DRIVING a truck. You've been the reason the company didn't make money, or either lost money. Now mind you, I'm not talking about you in particular, but you as a driver. We've all been on that end of the stick. These cameras are there for those in management, who have continually beat you, me, and every other driver down, while trying to build their butts up high enough to keep that downhill crap from landing in their lap. Don't give in to their bs. All that does is gives them the path to beat you down more. Forget the "corporate smoocher" mentality. That is exactly what they EXPECT you to do. It lays that "path" for them to twist that story of "it's the drivers fault"

5. PistonRing83

Duh. Hence the reason most of us don't feel one bit sorry for them when they cry about the so-called driver shortage. They made their bed and they can lay in it. In the mean time I get a huge raise and pay down as much debt as quick as possible. Makes it even easier to tell them to piss off later if needed.

suicidejockey likes this.
  6. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

You'll have to excuse Captain Obvious

PistonRing83 likes this.
  7. LarWoo

LarWoo Member

Try telling that to train

8. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  9. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

I'll agree 110% I drove a 13 the other night to swap it and it went off twice as much as the 18 does. I think The angle of the camera has a lot to do with it if it is hanging straight I've found that it don't go off as much as if it's angled to the front or back

10. LarWoo

LarWoo Member

The sensetivity is programmable by the people who monitor them

11. othertrucker2001

Now. Embrace the cams, and rules, no matter how stupid they are, and all the things you stated about bills and debt, become easier. Don't let pencil pushers ruin your livelihood.

12. runawaytrain

13. suicidejockey

suicidejockey Active Member

14. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Kool aid, kool aid, tastes great, kool aid, kool aid, can't wait!

Always loved those commercials!

PistonRing83 likes this.
  15. runawaytrain

Whatever!!! It's doesn't surprise me you guys feel the way you do about your companies safety culture. I will support my company in that regard. XPO AND SAIA most certainly will survive without your support.

16. alj96z

alj96z NorthSouthCarolina

Ditto.

17. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Lol. Your company will figure it out. Eventually. We have pretty much stopped any coaching now except for the most egregious violations.

18. runawaytrain

[​IMG]
    We will figure it out in time. Guys just need to be patient and understand that the goal is safety. I have stoical acceptance because I know things will work out.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  19. PistonRing83

I'm afraid this is going to go down just like the Lean program did at Con-Way. Stotlar and all the other high-ups knew it was a giant money wasting flop for a long time but were too pig headed to admit that it was a mistake. Then after they get bought out, it's the FIRST thing eliminated.

Karla is going to ride this bomb into the ground and they are going to lose all their good drivers before they hit rock bottom.

suicidejockey likes this.
  20. runawaytrain

You underestimate her. Your still here. Changes are coming.