Yellow | DriveCam issues

VIE40Ny.jpg

Thanks "vongrimmenstein"! Judy can announce it during tomorrow's ARCB 4th qtr earnings call!

:wee:
With a head of hair like that, I don't want to be anywhere near that building. Hey look on the bright side of the announcement, the ArcBest stock should double in price once they all no I have left. von.

That is my understanding as well. Just so you know, per agreement with the Teamsters, the inward-facing lens on the YRC units is disabled. I understand that means DISABLED, not just covered up.

It is understanding that the inward facing lens is disabled and has a sticker covering the lens.

It is understanding that the inward facing lens is disabled and has a sticker covering the lens.

Disabling the inward facing camera is actually very clever. The company has no interest in creating evidence that you may have been distracted in any way before an accident – regardless of who is at fault. If questioned before a jury, the company could claim that disabling the inward facing cameras was necessary to get the Union's approval.

Safety man came to our terminal last week showing us a video of how the camera works and how you can set it off. The company also wanted to set up a so called Teamster coaching session allowing another Teamster to coach a Teamster, I informed them that Teamsters don't coach Teamsters and that I felt like a coaching session was a form of discipline and that according to Tyson's agreement with the company there would be no discipline. If the company wants to protect themselves from law suits ok but leave us alone. I also commented that we gave up 15% to get the company back on its feet ( some of us forced to give back ) not to just go out and blow it on anything they want but to purchase equipment or pay down the debt. You don't go out and purchase a security system before you can afford to make your house payment. I also told them my feelings on 2019 and that we were coming to fight to get our wages and benefits back so you better stop wasting money and get our house in order but who am I !!!!!

Let's hear from those who have been operating with this camera. Are they OK, or trouble? Has anyone been called in for review because the camera triggered "events"? Let's hear the facts; no BS please!
I have been counseled for 10 speed violations so far.

let me guess,60 in a 55 zone or something stupid like that? Something that a safety man in his station wagon with a radar gun would not have raised an eyebrow over?
let me guess,60 in a 55 zone or something stupid like that? Something that a safety man in his station wagon with a radar gun would not have raised an eyebrow over?
Just wondering

When reviewing your speeding video, make sure you note all and how many other trucks cruising by yrc truck.

Just wondering
First let me say I didn't truly understand how they (cameras) function, that's my fault. I didn't realize they go off anytime you're ten over the posted speed limit in conjunction with the built in GPS.

On US 22 E. from Rt.33 to the Cemetery Curves is 45 mph, I was caught going 63 mph twice. I told my Counselor I would do better.

Coming off Steel Hauler I-78 W. Ex. 59 down to Dorney is 55 mph, I was up over 65 mph several times. Again, I-78 E. from the Passion Pit to Nestle is a 55 mph, caught over 65 mph several times.

I just want to say that I have a great deal of respect for Our Counselor, I don't hate the Players, I dislike the Game.

Sugarfoot I have to question this story. You were over 65 in one of our trucks?
Down grades nickles. I go up Eastbound and up Westbound Steel Hauler between 28-32 mph every night and morning on the way to 116 and back to 135.

Just to throw this out their..
My Garmin 760 routinely has me speeding on the gps but legal as posted signs.
These cameras must use a gps mapping system to know where and how fast you are going. I wonder what mapping software they use ?

Do the cameras go off if your driving to slow? If they do I can look forward to many counseling sessions.
No, but keep this in mind, the camera has GPS and it is constantly recording. They can review your entire day. They didn't install and pay this third party co. to just monitor speed.
When they play it back to you it's very clear, not grainy, you can read signs and license plates. I heard my XM and CB crystal clear.

Just to throw this out their..
My Garmin 760 routinely has me speeding on the gps but legal as posted signs.
These cameras must use a gps mapping system to know where and how fast you are going. I wonder what mapping software they use ?
I don't know that answer CL, but I can tell you that it is dead nuts on. You review it on a computer and it goes back 8 sec. prior to the violation occurring. It had the mm and even the tenths nailed, the speed in km as well as mph. Your Name is at the top of the page with unit # and of course date and time.