Yellow | DriveCam issues

Yes I am, and I've come to grips with the fact that it's probably too late in life for me to change my ways. I just can't help hurting the ones I love the most.
Have you ever heard that song,[ try a little tenderness] ? :lmao: :shakehandsnah: :poke: :chairshot: :eck13: Now take a deep breath and start to feel all of that love that is built up inside of you, now let it out :9529: :crap: :poster oops: Feel better? You can do it!

Welcome back Kotter! aka Triplex, the educator of Teamster sweat hogs.
Gsebaoj.jpg

They really haven't, but there are a whole bunch of us who wish they would! If you don't smoke, that stench is really difficult to endure.

Oh, poor baby. You should change your name from Real Teamster, to Real Mary. Maybe those who smoke will be kind enough to a sensitive woman like you, and spray some perfume around the truck. Make you feel like you're in your dressing room, or at the beauty parlor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive Cam has been in our trucks for over a year now and the inward facing camera is functioning. It goes off during hard stops. It sometimes goes off on bumpy roads or hitting a dock too hard and depending on the nature of the motion, it sometimes goes back to green after flashing red/green. If a driver is caught without a seat belt, using a mobile device, or running a stop sign or traffic light, he is getting called into the bosses office for 'coaching' No one has been fired yet from Drive Cam incidents. It runs all the time in loops of thirty seconds, but once it's activated, it saves footage from 8 seconds prior to activation and 4 seconds after. These saved incidents are then uploaded during the night via cell phone signal to DriveCam for review. At our place the turn around time between recorded event until coaching session is 1-3 days. I hope you guys find this information helpful

Drive Cam has been in our trucks for over a year now and the inward facing camera is functioning. It goes off during hard stops. It sometimes goes off on bumpy roads or hitting a dock too hard and depending on the nature of the motion, it sometimes goes back to green after flashing red/green. If a driver is caught without a seat belt, using a mobile device, or running a stop sign or traffic light, he is getting called into the bosses office for 'coaching' No one has been fired yet from Drive Cam incidents. It runs all the time in loops of thirty seconds, but once it's activated, it saves footage from 8 seconds prior to activation and 4 seconds after. These saved incidents are then uploaded during the night via cell phone signal to DriveCam for review. At our place the turn around time between recorded event until coaching session is 1-3 days. I hope you guys find this information helpful

I have a ? for you ScotchNeat, a Driver was stopped for 1 hr. impassable hwy. He put in for it and it was denied. It's been over a week, can the BA ask to review the footage from the tractor, would it still be on line and stored showing the tractor not moving ? I was under the impression that this 3rd. party Company has the ability to review it for ever in case of accident law suits and such.

No, but keep this in mind, the camera has GPS and it is constantly recording. They can review your entire day. They didn't install and pay this third party co. to just monitor speed.
When they play it back to you it's very clear, not grainy, you can read signs and license plates. I heard my XM and CB crystal clear.
Thank you Roady. The 30 day time-out gave me time to pause and reflect on my horrible behavior here on Truckingboards. :smile new:
anyone who does not follow instructions, spends a month in the box!!!!

No, but keep this in mind, the camera has GPS and it is constantly recording. They can review your entire day. They didn't install and pay this third party co. to just monitor speed.
When they play it back to you it's very clear, not grainy, you can read signs and license plates. I heard my XM and CB crystal clear.

I don't believe this is accurate. They way it was explained to me, the only time it stores an event is when the light is flashing and then it's 8 seconds before and 4 seconds after. Otherwise, it just loops and records over the top.

I believe stores and transmits is the correct terminology, the camera itself does not hold data for more then then a couple minutes.
When a triggering event occurs it transmits xx seconds before and xx seconds past the event.
The GPS however may be recorded on a server like the handheld units the P&D drivers use or the old Qualcomm satellite units do/did.
If that's the case someone should have access to it. however be careful what you ask for if the agreement with the IBT was not to monitor that data and the drvers start asking for it to be used it'll be a way street with the company wanting to use the data also...........................

I believe stores and transmits is the correct terminology, the camera itself does not hold data for more then then a couple minutes.
When a triggering event occurs it transmits xx seconds before and xx seconds past the event.
The GPS however may be recorded on a server like the handheld units the P&D drivers use or the old Qualcomm satellite units do/did.
If that's the case someone should have access to it. however be careful what you ask for if the agreement with the IBT was not to monitor that data and the drvers start asking for it to be used it'll be a way street with the company wanting to use the data also...........................
Your right, it becomes s double edged sword.

If you are a P&D driver, they already have the capability of tracking you with the GPS in the Intermec's. Plus, satellite technology that takes real time pictures of you while you are delivering. Not all managers know how to bring up the information, but they can bring up a dock you are backing into and tell you if you can back in there or not.

That's called google earth, they can't bring up a real time image of you backing into a dock, that would require a dedicated satellite to point aim and film as we requested...............................

Nothing in black and white and on paper from Tyson Johnson or the union.Our Mou nor the contract has been modified on this camera issue.Dont sign nothing.Drive safe

I have a ? for you ScotchNeat, a Driver was stopped for 1 hr. impassable hwy. He put in for it and it was denied. It's been over a week, can the BA ask to review the footage from the tractor, would it still be on line and stored showing the tractor not moving ? I was under the impression that this 3rd. party Company has the ability to review it for ever in case of accident law suits and such.
To my limited knowledge, I would have to say no, the footage will not be stored anywhere because it's not likely any footage was recorded. These cameras do not record in 24 hr real time, they only record in 12 second intervals when they are activated. Now, if your cameras are like ours, they have a blue button on either side of the camera near the bottom. These buttons are so the driver can activate the camera in a situation where it doesn't activate itself. If the driver happened to activate his camera when he was stopped by the obstacle and the activated it again when the obstacle was cleared, he might have a chance of having a record. I hope found this answer is helpful.