Yellow | Driver Recruiter

All the hassles and the costs associated with a Hazmat endorsed CDL, makes it not very appealing for a retiree...plus sleep studies if your neck is too big, short medical cards for blood pressure etc...I'd rather drive a courtesy van for a car dealer when retired..lol

True that, I was going to keep mine but when it came time for renewal I surrendered it.

The turnover rates I read are 200 %. for OTR Truckload. The problem in the entire Industry is these newbies today with pins in their eyebrows, hooks in their noses, and those donut holes in their ears, are not going to sit and wait for a call to work the dock or drive at night, weekends or Holidays. If it paid $35.00 per hr., with a brand new Fork Lift and 2014 Pete Flat Top Low Rider w/ full Chrome Package. they still wouldn't show up, Candy Crush Saga is way more important to Gen X,Y,Z. than earning a living so they could move out of their Parents basements.

Hey Sugarfoot I heard your nipples are pierced, c'mon, fess up.

i agree with you, I'm 20 years at Holland and 50 yrs old. want to leave also, but after you get to top pay at a new job and you pay for your medical you will be making the same money you are now and in my case with 3 weeks less vacation. I'm not trying to rain on your parade just pointing out the reality if the situation
I don't think insurance will cost me 3.00 an hour in two years, even with insurance cost I'm still ahead of the game. I also will be getting a nice match into the 401k and I roll over the teamster 401 into pyles. The only thing I'll miss is the vacations, I can live with that.

I had my interview Friday at ABF. I was told 19 a hr to start if I drive or run hostler and 13.75 if I just work the dock. But if I work the dock and then get put in the truck I will make 19 for the whole shift. But 2 years before you get 1 week vacation. I'm 27 and been driving 8 years and clean record. I'm trying to find something that pays alot better then what I'm making now. But idk if ABF will be the answer. My uncle has been at YRC for 20 years and he mentioned possibly leaving but I don't think he will. He keeps trying to tell me to come to YRC but i don't know about that lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I had my interview Friday at ABF. I was told 19 a hr to start if I drive or run hostler and 13.75 if I just work the dock. But if I work the dock and then get put in the truck I will make 19 for the whole shift. But 2 years before you get 1 week vacation. I'm 27 and been driving 8 years and clean record. I'm trying to find something that pays alot better then what I'm making now. But idk if ABF will be the answer. My uncle has been at YRC for 20 years and he mentioned possibly leaving but I don't think he will. He keeps trying to tell me to come to YRC but i don't know about that lol.

The way things are going at both companies ABF with their new contract and YRC with their pay cuts your uncle just might be right. It's a crap shoot with both companies...

There is a bit of speculation that ABF will back for another bite of our asses I agree with it. They will offer up some more vacation for the bottom end, none for the top for something else and it will come with Hoffa's blessing.

Your uncle must not like you.

My avatar is a picture of my neighbor, and his wife and daughter.
I thought it was a picture of a Detroit fan, and the 2 dogs represent the two blown chances to win the World Series, within the last couple years.

Hey mud, I would also like to thank the Detroit Redwings last year for choking in over-time last year to allow the Blackhawks to continue in playoffs to win the Stanley Cup in 2013.