ABF | Driver trainer program canceled

Any other terminals doing away with the program as well? Might be a system wide thing . Heard they're canceling it because there are so many people with cdls that need job now and don't have a need to train people to get cdls anymore .
Cancelled here at the Rock as well. We have hired 18 of the Yellow guys just since the second week of August. Can’t blame them for hiring experienced, qualified people as opposed to spending thousands to get someone qualified!!!

Cancelled here at the Rock as well. We have hired 18 of the Yellow guys just since the second week of August. Can’t blame them for hiring experienced, qualified people as opposed to spending thousands to get someone qualified!!!
034 wants me to come on board and train all shuttle drivers how to utilize the right lane on 294, using my patented technique of driving efficiently, safe, and alert @ 46mph.

ABF has always hired older, experienced employees that others would not. Years ago, a VP of maintenance said it often takes at least 10 years for an employee to be efficient at his job.

ABF has always hired older, experienced employees that others would not. Years ago, a VP of maintenance said it often takes at least 10 years for an employee to be efficient at his job.
I could see this in a mechanic, but not sure I would agree about a driver.
We had some 20 year people who could get from point A to point B, but still could not drive a truck.