Estes | Drivers mistreated

Again I'll trade you, your layover hours in a heart beat. Just got laid off this week. Ex-board driver from 054

Well look at it this way you can find a better place to work hopefully.
Just got home this morning, miss my wifes work Bowling party last night cause one of are great dispatchers at a terminal gave my load away friday morning. A load that would have got me going to the house.
Those are hard enough to get.
Anyway spent 24 and 26 hours at two different locations.
Next week I guess I will just plan on taking a 24 hour break and go out to HOOTERS or something.

I dont know how Old Dominion is but talked to one of those drivers while I was on my 22nd hour waiting and he said they were hiring and they get $7.00 bucks an hour after 12 hours of being on break.
We get nothin.

I feel your pain, INTOTHENOW. I worked in the city for two nights last week and only got 900 miles on the road. Better than nothing though. I will do whatever they need me to do.

Well look at it this way you can find a better place to work hopefully.
Just got home this morning, miss my wifes work Bowling party last night cause one of are great dispatchers at a terminal gave my load away friday morning. A load that would have got me going to the house.
Those are hard enough to get.
Anyway spent 24 and 26 hours at two different locations.
Next week I guess I will just plan on taking a 24 hour break and go out to HOOTERS or something

I imagine some of the laid off folks are glad it's over.

Just wondering how many Extra board drivers out there are getting stuck at terminals for many hours past there normal 10 hr. breaks. I lost 23 hours so far this week over and above my normal breaks.

:smilie_132:In the mail at home today, got a letter about implementing blackberry-type dispatch for "linehaul automation." Says phase 1 trials are to gointo effect soon thru 1 undetermined terminal and go 4 weeks with driver feedback and then to be implemented in ph 2 and 3 for auto dispatch and check in.

:smilie_132:In the mail at home today, got a letter about implementing blackberry-type dispatch for "linehaul automation." Says phase 1 trials are to gointo effect soon thru 1 undetermined terminal and go 4 weeks with driver feedback and then to be implemented in ph 2 and 3 for auto dispatch and check in.

Will not work, last week I had to call the Terminal I was at, then got tired of them called Central, then the Terminal again, then Central the next morning and found out the Terminal gave my load I was set up on away.

Good luck with the new system. I was at Georgia Dept. of labor today signing up for Unemployment benefits from Estes.