XPO | Dunnage bags

HoosierWarParty

TB Lurker
Credits
In your monday morning communication meeting you all willl be told on how BAD claims are ... never fail though .. they came up with ICE BAGS .. yep dunnage bags or air bags what ever you guys call them are going to be used at certain terminals for a trial basis .. I know for sure XNJ will be sending them to XTM and XHG to NMP and NNA and a few other places around the system. You will be instructed to deflate them and send them back to the origin terminal ... why not just keep them inflated and re use them BACK to the origin terminal. Everyone knows that 4 of the 5 mentioned terminal load trailers with a backhoe.. oh one more thing. They will be yellow so keep them away from the internet p*on queen at XTM or she may think its a banana.

A good video has backround music, maybe she could get a job playing the organ with a local band? Press on

The reason, for the most part, for deflating them is that the receiving facility generally does not load directs back to the origin...and they are testing specific lanes where the claims have been unusually high...yes, I am involved in this...wasn't asked, just included..30 day test to see if we are on to something or not...you inflate them in between pallets to custom fit with an air gun...I have to admit, I am curious to see how it goes..we can complain now, or allow the test to run it's course and see the results...and I get to see them first hand, so I may be able to be your on scene reporter for this..

The reason, for the most part, for deflating them is that the receiving facility generally does not load directs back to the origin...and they are testing specific lanes where the claims have been unusually high...yes, I am involved in this...wasn't asked, just included..30 day test to see if we are on to something or not...you inflate them in between pallets to custom fit with an air gun...I have to admit, I am curious to see how it goes..we can complain now, or allow the test to run it's course and see the results...and I get to see them first hand, so I may be able to be your on scene reporter for this..
Those bags better have a homing device, because they are going to get lost.

Can't argue, but to say we have a responsibility to make sure they don't...I have given my people the expectation, they know what they have to do...

PPG has been using air bags for years. They put them between totes.
I suppose it should work for LTL. But it takes time. Something we dont have a lot of.

PPG has been using air bags for years. They put them between totes.
I suppose it should work for LTL. But it takes time. Something we dont have a lot of.

boy you hit that on the nose!! so now i suppose we will have the guys that cant work as fast as the rest run around inflating bags on trailers??? and when he gets hit with a forklift by one of your (trust me im on your team) guys. he will just say i couldnt move fast enough.:nutkick:

FXF also. They do work good, but are time consuming. More crap (air hoses) to have in the isle or door to run over. Plus the PT college dock prefer to deflate them AFTER unloading all the skids. Or just stick a fork in it. They look real neat to someone - especially in the video. But in the real world it's kind of like telling everyone to keep their fork at a brisk walk pace and pedestrians have the right of way on the dock......
:horse:

we had brown bags years ago that worked well.they had an air compressor on a cart that u could wheel into a trailer and inflate them.

I hope enough people take this test seriously to make it work out. It's sad but true that many will get destroyed or discarded by unhappy and/or lazy people. The company is actually trying to give us the proper tools to do our job, let's try and utilize them!

When I worked for Conway all the air bags that came into our barn were placed on top of our forks and the rammed into the back of an unsuspecting co-workers forklift to watch how high he/she would jump when it exploded!! Great fun it was. :smilie_132:

I believe I saw one the other day. In the dumpster. Had a hole in it....
OK, I can't resist. You just happened to be near a dumpster at a Con-way facility that I believe you are not employed at, and you just happened to look inside this dumpster for some reason, and you just happened to see a dunnage bag, and you were curious enough to look closely enough at this bag to determine that there was a hole in it? Fascinating.:shrug:

OK, I can't resist. You just happened to be near a dumpster at a Con-way facility that I believe you are not employed at, and you just happened to look inside this dumpster for some reason, and you just happened to see a dunnage bag, and you were curious enough to look closely enough at this bag to determine that there was a hole in it? Fascinating.:shrug:

What in the hell are you talking about? I see random people walking by a terminal looking in our dumpster to find air-bags?

What in the hell are you talking about? I see random people walking by a terminal looking in our dumpster to find air-bags?

You two crack me up.:hysterical:
I bought some dunnage gag bags (Made of kevlar) to jack up my car for an oil change and tire rotation. When I'm done, I deflate it and it sounds like a whoopie cushion.