XPO | Dunnage bags

funny you ask...they didn't address that...I think the general assumption is they laid out the expectation, and we have a responsibility to meet it. That is our job, after all...I am pretty sure you are going to have casualties along the way, more caused by freight than anything (I hope), and we will simply replace them when that happens, just like we do pallet jacks, 2 wheelers, etc..

Duct tape generally won't get it from point A to B...Trash is a good place for it...you sound like people are viewing a carcass, but it really is a normal casualty of freight war...And do they place the dumpster in your husband's service center by the employee parking lot or something..?? You would really have to go out of your way at my place to view the trash..

Duct tape generally won't get it from point A to B...Trash is a good place for it...you sound like people are viewing a carcass, but it really is a normal casualty of freight war...And do they place the dumpster in your husband's service center by the employee parking lot or something..?? You would really have to go out of your way at my place to view the trash..

My remark was mostly aimed at a certain someone that has to take all of my posts as fodder for his screwed up sense of humor that is actually an insult to me in disguise. I wouldn't trust duct tape on something like when it's being used with heavy freight.

People that come to the office to talk to TM or anyone else in the office comes to the front door.

Side door is the drivers' entrance to clock in, TCON and small break room. There is a ramp straight from the door and side steps. Right there is the small dumpster, about 8ft, maybe 10ft wide. We are talking about maybe 10 doors on the dock. That's the closest they can get the dumpster to the building because the rest of the area around there has the trucks and the dumpster would be in the way. The L/H drivers park inside the fence by the dumpster as per orders from the higher ups. Keeps their vehicles from being in the way of the big trucks backing up and moving around.

well then, I guess everyone would be viewing...

Yep, right behind the fence in full view. But from the times I've been there to pick up or drop off my husband, it's usually been very clean. Very few pallets or boards out there. Of course being pretty small there isn't much trash to put most of the time.

The reason, for the most part, for deflating them is that the receiving facility generally does not load directs back to the origin...and they are testing specific lanes where the claims have been unusually high...yes, I am involved in this...wasn't asked, just included..30 day test to see if we are on to something or not...you inflate them in between pallets to custom fit with an air gun...I have to admit, I am curious to see how it goes..we can complain now, or allow the test to run it's course and see the results...and I get to see them first hand, so I may be able to be your on scene reporter for this..
we use air bags over at od on line haul and pnd they do work.

funny you ask...they didn't address that...I think the general assumption is they laid out the expectation, and we have a responsibility to meet it. That is our job, after all...I am pretty sure you are going to have casualties along the way, more caused by freight than anything (I hope), and we will simply replace them when that happens, just like we do pallet jacks, 2 wheelers, etc..

Perfect Answer.:1036316054:
You will have those enquiring minds that want to know what it's like to poke them with forks, stab them with their pocket knives etc.
Oh no! I can see the Work comp injuries happening for horse playing with dunnage bags.

Perfect Answer.:1036316054:
You will have those enquiring minds that want to know what it's like to poke them with forks, stab them with their pocket knives etc.
Oh no! I can see the Work comp injuries happening for horse playing with dunnage bags.

I can see it now ... guys bouncing around the dock with these things like they were riding a horse .. or someone drawing a woman's figure on it and watching some goofball beget it ... :hysterical:

The expectation is that we deflate them (properly) before removing them from the trailer, no knives, blades, blowdarts, or anything else..I like to think I won't have to worry about horsies or artists, but I suppose anything is possible...maybe we will get a philosopher who can leave really deep messages on them, and we can derive some education at the same time..

I have seen a message from the higher-ups about what should happen if workers pop these bags intentionally. LOI's. At least for the first 30 days of this testing period. I think XGO is certainly keeping their finger on what could be a great way to create bulkheads and to keep our claims down overall.

However, I think an FOS would have a hard time writing an LOI for a driver that popped a bag unless they witnessed it first hand. JMHO, however.

Bags

Best thing I have seen for a long time. They are a pain in the rear at first but when you get air to each door and enough hose to go all the way to the front of the trailer it makes for a tight load.
If you want to get some laughs back into one with the lift in a trailer. It will wake up the dead dock supervisors

I can see it now ... guys bouncing around the dock with these things like they were riding a horse .. or someone drawing a woman's figure on it and watching some goofball beget it ... :hysterical:

The funniest part of this post is....SOMEONE HAS PROBABLY DONE ALL OF ABOVE ALREADY!! :hysterical::hysterical:

I was hoping for once you'd resist. But that was too much to hope for. :funky:

Scenario (stay with me here): I drove my husband to work the night before and then came to pick him up. At his terminal the dumpster is next to the ramp/steps to the door into the driver's section. Still with me here?

I drive up, dumpster is full and on top is a puffed out bag, right in full view of everyone. As I get out to walk up to the steps to the terminal I see a hole in the bag. And realized that was why it was in the trash. :1036316054:

See? Simple. Wife of driver that is employed at this terminal picks her husband up to drive him home while he can relax and enjoy being driven to home after long hours on the road! bag is on top of the stuff in the dumpster within 3 feet of the steps. Never seen one before and wondered why it would be thrown away and that when I see the hole in the bag :smilie_132: I'm glad simple things like this are fascinating to you.

A couple of pointers for you...try and stick to shorter words...anything over 4-5 letters is confusing...and insert animated stick people in as examples as often as possible...these two things should help you communicated greater with some of these people then what you are doing...crayons and paper are excellent aids as well...

Have seen this...we used to get the brown air bags from time to time at XCV years ago..anyways one night at XCV one of my fellow workers from XHR was about 50 feet from me i had just smacked him in the back of the head with the airbag, anyways, i turned around and looked back just in time to see him jump on the airbag and fly up into the air about 8 feet and land on his back...after ensuring he was ok..i nearly busted into tears laughing so hard...well maybe i busted into tears before i asked him and helped him up..cant remember...anyways though...dont jump on them they are not predictable in their launch directions...

A couple of pointers for you...try and stick to shorter words...anything over 4-5 letters is confusing...and insert animated stick people in as examples as often as possible...these two things should help you communicated greater with some of these people then what you are doing...crayons and paper are excellent aids as well...

You think SIGN language would work better?? um.... I won't show WHAT sign for now...... :hide::funky::funky: