XPO | Dunnage bags

Mandatory bag use at xsx???

I did a breaker last night at xcw from xsx and was told to deflate the bags and stack them on skid to send back to xsx. They used like 8 of them all flat except 1 that was partially filled. The ones not inflated were stuffed next to racks, inbetween freight like a half sheet doing absolutely nothing. Apparantly they are being told to use so many per trailer. I sure hope managment is reading this post so we dont waste are hard earned ICP money on this under-inflated issue... :1036316054::hysterical::nutkick:

whats a monday morning meeting?? someone please help?? i work linehaul and havent seen a vidio on this let alone have a monday night meeting.

I also work line, and, like you, have only been to one Monday meeting in the last two years, and the air bag thingy, wasn't it. Matter of fact it was last week, saw the update video, shot to look like a news program with J.L. and the "best drivers" from Con-Way........by the way, if anyone from the Crystal Palace is reading this, that statement by him, was a shot at those of us who go to work, do our jobs without tickets, accidents, incidents or violations of your insipid, arcane work rules.....every night (day), without fanfare, without recognition, day in/ day out, week after week.................I don't get miffed about much with this company, but, that comment, that those drivers, are "THE BEST" that Con-Way has, was arrogant and ignorant......two things which J.L. is usually not........If your intent was to make us want to aspire to their lofty accomplishments, you have had the opposite effect, I wouldn't go to one of those inane displays of petty, competitive drivel, if you paid me and required it for continuation of employment................I will take my several million miles of accident/incident/violation free skills elsewhere......The "BEST", pleeeze, I know several of them, and I wouldn't hire them to clean my pool........................:angry2:

I also work line, and, like you, have only been to one Monday meeting in the last two years, and the air bag thingy, wasn't it. Matter of fact it was last week, saw the update video, shot to look like a news program with J.L. and the "best drivers" from Con-Way........by the way, if anyone from the Crystal Palace is reading this, that statement by him, was a shot at those of us who go to work, do our jobs without tickets, accidents, incidents or violations of your insipid, arcane work rules.....every night (day), without fanfare, without recognition, day in/ day out, week after week.................I don't get miffed about much with this company, but, that comment, that those drivers, are "THE BEST" that Con-Way has, was arrogant and ignorant......two things which J.L. is usually not........If your intent was to make us want to aspire to their lofty accomplishments, you have had the opposite effect, I wouldn't go to one of those inane displays of petty, competitive drivel, if you paid me and required it for continuation of employment................I will take my several million miles of accident/incident/violation free skills elsewhere......The "BEST", pleeeze, I know several of them, and I wouldn't hire them to clean my pool........................:angry2:

Gee ... wasn't Dave M aka Fat Beard, which is a great nickname, arrogance was one of his major downfalls which turned the attitude of this company inside out ... John ... and a couple others who I KNOW read this ... better tell John when he makes his videos he needs to be more careful with his arrogance ... attitude is everything ... arrogance is bliss

AV8tor, a question...Have you participated in the past..?? just curious...

And please recall that John L said "best of the best"....There are plenty qualified to participate who don't, and that's ok...everyone has their reasons...But given what it takes in the competition to win a state title, especially in Ca., where over 1,000 drivers compete, I don't see why we shouldn't at least tip our cap to them...I work the hell out of these events, along with my wife, and we get to see pretty close up, and it's pretty intense..And at the same time, it is fun to see competitors from all companies come together for it, at least on the state level...For a couple days, there is no segregation, just a bunch of guys competing...I thank you for your several million miles of achievement, you are to be commended, certainly...just as much as the guys who have accomplishments in these events..

champions

AV8tor, a question...Have you participated in the past..?? just curious...

And please recall that John L said "best of the best"....There are plenty qualified to participate who don't, and that's ok...everyone has their reasons...But given what it takes in the competition to win a state title, especially in Ca., where over 1,000 drivers compete, I don't see why we shouldn't at least tip our cap to them...I work the hell out of these events, along with my wife, and we get to see pretty close up, and it's pretty intense..And at the same time, it is fun to see competitors from all companies come together for it, at least on the state level...For a couple days, there is no segregation, just a bunch of guys competing...I thank you for your several million miles of achievement, you are to be commended, certainly...just as much as the guys who have accomplishments in these events..
very well said whats wrong with a little competition , ive been there 4 times and took 2nd in state . granted i havent been there for awhile but it was fun. i dont do it anymore because they want 3 days of practice, thats 3 days shot that i could be having fun with my family and since i work such long hours i need this time for us.:1036316054:

I understand completely, and that's the case with alot of guys...That's why I involve my wife in this, otherwise it would be weekends away from her...funny thing is, she enjoys it alot more than I do these days...