Yellow | Enough is Enough

i am a creditor to yrc. they owe me a debt. like other bad debts, they need to clear up this bad debt before buying another trucking company.

Fortunately for EVERONE this is not a democracy. IMO more than a couple members need to realize that. A BBS is about expressing opinions. The TOS don't mention everyone MUST agree. Jeff has a great site. And for me the best aspect is tolerence of diverse opinion.
This might be true al, but,, theres been a few who come on here and spew their rational and dont work for this PIG, and have been run off for lack of respect to the men who do,, do you rememeber Slim66, Plunger Joe, just to name a couple..

Based upon Mr. Welch's comments yesterday, it sounds as though YRCW has run out of $$$!
Grab your ankles OR sign onto EDD!

None of YRC’s debts come due for eight or nine months, and most are further in the future. The company is weighing its options, he said.
“We’ll take care of them before they come due,” Pierson said.

Read more here: YRC’s Welch isn’t commenting on Arkansas Best bid - KansasCity.com

The "reserve" is the "operating revenue" that is now positive for the first time since our/the crash.

Additionally, in our company, because we are self-insured, the bond we must post is significant. If, as you say, there were to be more reserves, the stagnant cash would cripple our ability to upgrade infrastructure and reduce even further the purchase of newer equipment.

There is a chance that the merger would have been successful, if not for the economy. I cannot guess how successful, but I will venture to say that REGARDLESS of the level of success, the company would have downsized and people would have still lost jobs. It just would not have been so dramatic.

I agree with you about purchasing at a Rent-a-center, but you do realize that most people are very close to the street if the revenue stops. If one is laid off and one minor catastrophe occurs during that period, that person and family could easily be on the street.

If you were to accept the above and set that scenario with YRC, the entire company crash makes sense. There happened to be MANY catastrophes that created the YRC debacle, some, but not all of our own doing.

Can I join the "Yellow Who & Huh, What? Club???
Read my posts! I love controversy!
Especially those who rationalize every YRCW baby step.

A few is considered to be three. You and Huh, what? only add up to two - and that's being overly generous on my part.

I truly don't mind at all if you ignore anything I post. Not my problem.

This might be true al, but,, theres been a few who come on here and spew their rational and dont work for this PIG, and have been run off for lack of respect to the men who do,, do you rememeber Slim66, Plunger Joe, just to name a couple..

I think that certainly some were and are posting to provoke. Some simply got caught up in the moment. Others though, expressed opinions that were meant to hurt or insult from the start. For them I have little respect.
I've freely admitted that my opinions are based on my own expierences. IMO Roadway was a great place to work and provided me with a comfortable life. And I understand that for some, regardless of heritage, work isn't and never has been fun. I try to be sensitive to them as well.
I guess tolerance is what I would hope to see.

Roadway WAS a great place to work!!! YRCW is NOT!
Just a bunch of control freaks who no longer desire to honor OUR contract.
I'm waiting patiently for the discipline to start soon because this current COO is not working!
What is that word Joe uses on the dock constantly? I.D.I.O.T.

Funny I hated RDWY.....My experience with Yellow was 25 years earlier they bought my company and closed it down so I had an idea what we were in for. The TWO companies as YRC made me realize how good I had it looking back. Its sad when we blame each other for something none of us asked for and I need more time before I can ever look back and think YRC was a good place. :grouphug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny I hated RDWY.....My experience with Yellow was 25 years earlier they bought my company and closed it down so I had an idea what we were in for. The TWO companies as YRC made me realize how good I had it looking back. Its sad when we blame each other for something none of us asked for and I need more time before I can ever look back and think YRC was a good place. :grouphug:

IMO YRCF is where I earn money. I can't time travel,
My work ethic demands that I do my best EVERY DAY. Are my efforts appreciated? By a few. But I didn't come to Roadway to be praised. Just to live comfortably. And up to this point my meager hopes have been largely fulfilled.

Funny thing, I think I read the same papers you had too read and I don't remember the whole fedx wattkins debacle or the overnight ups debacle... must have been in anthor universe or something.....

Please spell my old company name right. It's OVERNITE:LMAO: