Yellow | Enough is Enough

My opinion!
Maybe not today and maybe, not tomorrow. Most likely not while I am alive or yourself either.
But, down the road society will rise up once again and combat corporate greed and inequality.
Unions will once again rise from the ashes and become a force to reckon with.

No one is asking you to drink ANY kool-aid. Conflicted visions of just what the future holds are an inevitable fact. One certain fact is that it in NO WAY will it resemble the past of any company involved. The conditions that led to the rise in power and influence in America of labor unions are largely a thing of the past AND therefore have resulted in our waning ability to grow the movement.

My opinion!
Maybe not today and maybe, not tomorrow. Most likely not while I am alive or yourself either.
But, down the road society will rise up once again and combat corporate greed and inequality.

Hear, hear!!

Its the "...not while I am alive..." part that really sucks...

Death is Death!

You have a problem with meeting the Grim Reaper?

The next question is, does the Grim Reaper take a person to Heaven or Hell?

We have met in passing, Grim Reaper does not "take" one to a destination.

I made my peace many years ago. I am blessed with every day since.

What I am saddened by in this volley, is that the "phoenix" may not appear in my lifetime, that is all.

My opinion!
It's the 1930's all over again.

No one is asking you to drink ANY kool-aid. Conflicted visions of just what the future holds are an inevitable fact. One certain fact is that it in NO WAY will it resemble the past of any company involved. The conditions that led to the rise in power and influence in America of labor unions are largely a thing of the past AND therefore have resulted in our waning ability to grow the movement.
al, from what I understand day trip doesnt work for the company in capacity, so why does he continue to come here and tell us "we just need to be happy we have a job"?? or try to use analogies about mortgaging an 100,000 dollar home, to what these BLIND PIG leaders of this company are trying to do?? They arent trying to build anything, like the letter I read in the Holland breakroom today stated, they want to keep us informed. Really?? Thats why it took 2 months to post a bunch of bs about why they tried to purchase ABF,, if these fools really felt it important to keep us informed they wouldve told us sooner, but my money says they wouldnt have said **** about this MERGE hadnt the press leaked it out..

My opinion!

Question: How will unions rise to power, when two things are happening?

#1: The Unions are pushing for making illegal aliens legal (They then do 'under the table' jobs which suppress the labor costs).

#2: Microsoft and Google are ever closer to producing robots to do the labor. Computer-driven achines already do much of the labor in Europe. Only the unions here are keeping those robots out.

People like to harken back to the 1950s/60s, and talk about Detroit and Leave it to Beaver type Mayfield, Ohio, where everyone had a Middle Class High Standard of Living. With Robots replacing workers, plus illegals replacing workers, guess who it is that has no power, and less on the horizon???????

It has nothing at all to do with greed or inequality. Just the natural progression of life, thru science. Wagons were replaced by autos. The computer has changed lives forever....

Well, it sounded good, didn't it?

Actually, I anticipate a revolution/rebellion in the future.

Inequality, greed, corruption, and the resulting poverty are just the beginning.

Question: How will unions rise to power, when two things are happening?

#1: The Unions are pushing for making illegal aliens legal (They then do 'under the table' jobs which suppress the labor costs).

#2: Microsoft and Google are ever closer to producing robots to do the labor. Computer-driven achines already do much of the labor in Europe. Only the unions here are keeping those robots out.

People like to harken back to the 1950s/60s, and talk about Detroit and Leave it to Beaver type Mayfield, Ohio, where everyone had a Middle Class High Standard of Living. With Robots replacing workers, plus illegals replacing workers, guess who it is that has no power, and less on the horizon???????

It has nothing at all to do with greed or inequality. Just the natural progression of life, thru science. Wagons were replaced by autos. The computer has changed lives forever....

al, from what I understand day trip doesnt work for the company in capacity, so why does he continue to come here and tell us "we just need to be happy we have a job"?? or try to use analogies about mortgaging an 100,000 dollar home, to what these BLIND PIG leaders of this company are trying to do?? They arent trying to build anything, like the letter I read in the Holland breakroom today stated, they want to keep us informed. Really?? Thats why it took 2 months to post a bunch of bs about why they tried to purchase ABF,, if these fools really felt it important to keep us informed they wouldve told us sooner, but my money says they wouldnt have said **** about this MERGE hadnt the press leaked it out..

Oh boy, boo hoo! "Why does Triplex come on here and say things I don't agree with? Why Albag? That's just not right. I'm the only one who has authentic, credible, accurate information about YRCF, no one else. Ban Triplex will ya, pretty please. I don't like having him say things I don't understand. Ban him please!!"

What a dufus!!

Oh boy, boo hoo! "Why does Triplex come on here and say things I don't agree with? Why Albag? That's just not right. I'm the only one who has authentic, credible, accurate information about YRCF, no one else. Ban Triplex will ya, pretty please. I don't like having him say things I don't understand. Ban him please!!"

What a dufus!!
Hey!!!! Doofus is 2 o's but only 1 u. :wavey:

The mortgage example is classic, wasnt the housing crisis a byproduct of buying houses people couldn't afford????????

Yrc needs to make Yrc better not buy abf and hope for the best, when yellow bought roadway all it did was increase there debt not improve there business,

Thanks longblade. Just seems that yellow would do a lot better investing in there own infrastructure versus leeching off of someone else's system, when yellow bought roadway I was told that I didn't understand business now that the abf deal seems rotten to me I'm told once again I don't understand business, the problem with yrcw is not the unions or the workers its the DEBT load the senior management has burdened the. Company with, the money spent on interest payments would buy a lot of new tractors, that's my rant for the day

Thanks longblade. Just seems that yellow would do a lot better investing in there own infrastructure versus leeching off of someone else's system, when yellow bought roadway I was told that I didn't understand business now that the abf deal seems rotten to me I'm told once again I don't understand business, the problem with yrcw is not the unions or the workers its the DEBT load the senior management has burdened the. Company with, the money spent on interest payments would buy a lot of new tractors, that's my rant for the day

I agree competely. YRC can improve their density, bill count, reduce claims, make major strides in efficiency improvements all without going futher into debt, For a small price compared to the benfits it would reap a modern technology system purchase would go along ways toward increased profitably. But YRC is bound and determined to self destruct and take whoever they can with them!!!

If YRC really Was determined to self-destruct, they'd have closed 4 years ago, or 3 yrs ago, or 2 yrs ago. It's not up to them. The Banks are keeping them alive (to get a pittance of their money back). I believe The Banks are calling the shots as to what's sold or bought too....

Logically, with their Financials, they Shouldve closed a dozen times. Some entity kept them open. For whatever reason. Maybe there wernt better financial options for their money? Probably the ABF thing is the same bank or investor???? Just a guess....

the good ol boys club have been able to find more $ to skim and get more of their boys rich, why close up the picking is easy .

I was really thinking dam for a change thing where moving in the right direction for once. But this ABF business got me looking in the help wanted ad's again.

Last edited by a moderator: