Yellow | Enough is Enough

yea I know but was only reason they didn't try to slam us together from the start

let me see...the SYNERGIES...of two of the strongest legacy brands in the industry...some BS to that effect..but one of my good Roadway turkey hunting buddies and I saw the writing on the wall...but, we still hunt together sometimes, and he hasn't shot me yet, but I later moved on to ABF...now same old 76...Praying it doesn't happen...not a good plan IMHO :Emoticon_digging:

From abfs standpoint, if the contract isn't ratified, and the company is losing money, why wouldn't they sell it instead going bankrupt? If I was a business owner, I'd sell. Maybe it's nothing personal and just business. I think it's in the employees hands at abf.

from abfs standpoint, if the contract isn't ratified, and the company is losing money, why wouldn't they sell it instead going bankrupt? If i was a business owner, i'd sell. Maybe it's nothing personal and just business. I think it's in the employees hands at abf.
stay at conway,,,,

You just don't get it and I'm tired of wasting my time trying to explain it to you. Knock yourself out with your sorry a** views - blind pig, kool-aid, etc. Your pathetic attitude only affects you, not me or anyone else. See ya!
Yea you got it,, dont ya?? Thats right you no longer work for this PIG and still tell us we have to drink the KOOL-AID.. Now that pathetic, and a real sorry a** view..

If I was going to buy property to rent out { in a good economy} I would make sure It would bring me some profit. If I plan on going in and gutting it to repair the home I live in, then how was this helpful to my finances. It surely will not gain value after being torn apart and will not be rentable either. I have rental property and it is very hard to turn over a profit unless you have money to pay cash for it. Flipping homes is profitable on short term basis. buy and flip quick. It seems YRC wants to purchase another company to use it's assets to pay down debt. How long till this money is gone? I may not have a business degree but I always pay my bills on time and stick to the budget. It seems like all these highly educated folks know is spend, spend, spend. I remember a time when I loved this job, and now it is nothing but a burden. I have one year left and I can't wait. Hopefully there will still be a pension. You know I can't remember the last time they raised our pension benefits. The cost of living is getting so high that it will never be enough to even allow for retirement. Does anyone else think about this?. Maybe we will have to work till we die. With all the coo's I will never have my home paid for, let alone enough to enjoy retirement. Hopefully there will still be insurance. Medicare or something. Some of you say don't worry about 2015, well you better worry. The Messiah Obama and his sidekick Hoffa don't give 2 craps about you. So worry my friends, WORRY!

Yea you got it,, dont ya?? Thats right you no longer work for this PIG and still tell us we have to drink the KOOL-AID.. Now that pathetic, and a real sorry a** view..

No one is asking you to drink ANY kool-aid. Conflicted visions of just what the future holds are an inevitable fact. One certain fact is that it in NO WAY will it resemble the past of any company involved. The conditions that led to the rise in power and influence in America of labor unions are largely a thing of the past AND therefore have resulted in our waning ability to grow the movement.

And the employees don't come to work to make the ceo money. To some of you welch was the messiah sent to save this pig from slaughter. He is yellow through and through. And in typical yellow fashion he is looking for yet another company to suck the life out of. The last two purchases were done on credit and it put this pig over $1billion in debt with interest payments so high they are unable to reinvest in the company or remain competitive in the marketplace. This is exactly the kind of move that put us in the situation we are in now. The arrogance of yellow pure and simple
Finally, from someone else who understands..

Every employee that works at YRC Freight should be very offended about this whole buying ABF situation. That fact that YRC is arrogant enough to even think about buying any other company is a slap in the face to each and every YRC/Teamster member that works at this company. Until our pension is restored and the 15% pay cut is dismissed this company should not think about buying anything. We all should be striking rite now demanding our pension and wages be restored immediately. If YRC has the resources to purchase a company they can use those same resources to restore our pay and pension.

It is jg wentworth time. It's my money and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They broke the agreement even offered a bonus. If Hoffa does not act now, it is time to hire our own lawyer. Start by turning in your paycheck and explain that you can not except the check with the 15% taken off. Quit BEING SHEEP. Time to be the BULL. HOOK and turn.

It is jg wentworth time. It's my money and I want it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They broke the agreement even offered a bonus. If Hoffa does not act now, it is time to hire our own lawyer. Start by turning in your paycheck and explain that you can not except the check with the 15% taken off. Quit BEING SHEEP. Time to be the BULL. HOOK and turn.

You'll collect the exact same 15% that I will, and I haven't worked there since 2008......

I say it's time to renegotiate our contract!!!

NO it is NOT time to renegotiate. It is time to hold them to what they promised. They said they would use our money.OUR MONEY OUR MONEY to keep this business running and Pay down the Debt. They have not payed down the Debt in a year. Offered a Bonus to a boardmember. Breach of Agreement. Fu@#ING CHANGE of OPERATIONS. These are set up to LOSE money Every single YEAR. NOW all of a sudden THis present Quarter their will be a gain. Thus proving that they have lied to corrupt the Stock. Again affecting OUR MONEY.. TIME TO GET OUR OWN LAWYER. WE NEED TO get ALL OUR money back from day one. Back to the first day of 10%. Then we buy ABF because I am not going to sit back and wait fror these pricks at YRC to come in and threaten EACH AND EVERY EMPLOYEE with their JOBS, WAIT FOR THESE PRICKS TO BUY ABF and then SELL it OFF. AND then SCREW with THE employees by telling them we are not running out of here any more. OR lets move over 200 employees in on a merger and then you move back over 200 in seniority. MOVE to Winston Salem, on a COO and then move right into a LAY-OFF. SCREW YOU YRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you folks on here totally amaze me. YRCW DOES NOT have the resources to buy ABF. If it were to happen at all, YRCW would be borrowing the money to buy ABF. Just like when you get a mortgage for $100,000 to buy a house valued at $100,000 for example, you are in debt for the $100K, but you now have an asset worth $100k, so it's a wash. And, the expectation is that the value of the house will rise over time, making the deal a good one. If YRCW borrows $X amount of money to buy ABF which is valued at that same $X, they owe that amount of money but have a new resource (ABF) valued at that same amount so it's a wash. The expectation here, just like with buying a house, is that the value of that resource (ABF) will rise over time as it produces revenue for the combined company. Geez, some of you just don't get it do you!

YRC already stated they would sell off everything that was not tied down. Just like Roadway. They said they would sell off the land and resources. And already stated that ABF was already undervalued by 8 times the amount. If it is sold off $100,000. owed on a property that is sold off is the big GOOSE EGG. $0000000.oo. Then They have meetings pocketing the money and not paying on the debt. The payments that are being payed our on our shoulders. Don't you feel the whip markes of the master. Get that pin. Get that Bill. They have us right now fighting amongst our selves. Lie about the numbers. WHIP WHIP WHIP. CRACK CRACK CRACK. Caught my boss lieing about what I did in a day. Called him on it and he started to stutter. We do not get payed bythe bill on the dock. We do not get payed by pin in the yard. But this company comes in and lies to you, the company, and the union about what we do in a day. This is so we point at ourselves for the problems that our happening at a location when it is not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
From abfs standpoint, if the contract isn't ratified, and the company is losing money, why wouldn't they sell it instead going bankrupt? If I was a business owner, I'd sell. Maybe it's nothing personal and just business. I think it's in the employees hands at abf.
So, if we get a contract, are you going to PM me for those organizing materials? Or maybe apply at ABF, and when they run your stuff and Ole Con-Way finds out you had an interest in a union job, are you going to sue them if they try to fire you before ABF calls you....that is....if you're qualified to work for ABF....I seriously doubt ABF will sell, nor would the SEC approve it, but, anything can happen...except, you working at ABF...that will never happen. Enjoy watching how we roll!

The SEC would not have to approve it considering combined we would haul no where near a majority of the freight in the US.
Given the chance ABF would probably hire a qualified nonunion driver over a existing yrc driver......................................

So, if we get a contract, are you going to PM me for those organizing materials? Or maybe apply at ABF, and when they run your stuff and Ole Con-Way finds out you had an interest in a union job, are you going to sue them if they try to fire you before ABF calls you....that is....if you're qualified to work for ABF....I seriously doubt ABF will sell, nor would the SEC approve it, but, anything can happen...except, you working at ABF...that will never happen. Enjoy watching how we roll!
If anything happens, yrc will buy abf. Abc will keep the upak brand and start up a non union line and then dominate. I'll just stay here at conway

If anything happens, yrc will buy abf. Abc will keep the upak brand and start up a non union line and then dominate. I'll just stay here at conway

Good idea, Heard it's great over there....I know some of their fired hands....they prefer a run-off over a seniority lay-off I understand. Just be careful not to upset the man there and you'll be fine

Which transportation company ISN'T claiming poverty?
Every single one of them would enjoy paying slave (pardon the pun) wages.

Perhaps, we should start a revolution. Darn, is that Homeland Security at my front door?

If I was going to buy property to rent out { in a good economy} I would make sure It would bring me some profit. If I plan on going in and gutting it to repair the home I live in, then how was this helpful to my finances. It surely will not gain value after being torn apart and will not be rentable either. I have rental property and it is very hard to turn over a profit unless you have money to pay cash for it. Flipping homes is profitable on short term basis. buy and flip quick. It seems YRC wants to purchase another company to use it's assets to pay down debt. How long till this money is gone? I may not have a business degree but I always pay my bills on time and stick to the budget. It seems like all these highly educated folks know is spend, spend, spend. I remember a time when I loved this job, and now it is nothing but a burden. I have one year left and I can't wait. Hopefully there will still be a pension. You know I can't remember the last time they raised our pension benefits. The cost of living is getting so high that it will never be enough to even allow for retirement. Does anyone else think about this?. Maybe we will have to work till we die. With all the coo's I will never have my home paid for, let alone enough to enjoy retirement. Hopefully there will still be insurance. Medicare or something. Some of you say don't worry about 2015, well you better worry. The Messiah Obama and his sidekick Hoffa don't give 2 craps about you. So worry my friends, WORRY!