Yellow | Enough is Enough

I think the whole ABF talk is actually about YRC Freight acquiring ABFs freight in the event there is a labor disruption.If there is a strike.Alot of the contractual and class 300 freight will be untouchable by another union company.Possibly be lost for a long time.Because these shippers will ship elsewhere.Another added bonus of this acquisition.Just look at the run up of both freight company's stock.Not bad for leaking useless information

Some of you folks on here totally amaze me. YRCW DOES NOT have the resources to buy ABF. If it were to happen at all, YRCW would be borrowing the money to buy ABF. Just like when you get a mortgage for $100,000 to buy a house valued at $100,000 for example, you are in debt for the $100K, but you now have an asset worth $100k, so it's a wash. And, the expectation is that the value of the house will rise over time, making the deal a good one. If YRCW borrows $X amount of money to buy ABF which is valued at that same $X, they owe that amount of money but have a new resource (ABF) valued at that same amount so it's a wash. The expectation here, just like with buying a house, is that the value of that resource (ABF) will rise over time as it produces revenue for the combined company. Geez, some of you just don't get it do you!
Tell me genius, why didn't the whole yrc and yellow think work then.... GEEEEZ

Tell me genius, why didn't the whole yrc and yellow think work then.... GEEEEZ

The same reason housing collapsed, government had to bail out GM, millions lost their jobs, etc., - the economy tanked genius. Don't you read newspapers?

The same reason housing collapsed, government had to bail out GM, millions lost their jobs, etc., - the economy tanked genius. Don't you read newspapers?
Funny thing, I think I read the same papers you had too read and I don't remember the whole fedx wattkins debacle or the overnight ups debacle... must have been in anthor universe or something.....

Borrowing 2 billion even in a good economy is a bad idea, trucking is a business of penny's and fluctuation, to not have a reserve to get you thru the rough times is insane.

I'm just tired of hearing that this mess is because of the economy, by making that statement it justifies what our former CEO did to this company, there's a reason I don't buy anything at rent a center places and there's a reason why I don't rack up credit card debt, why shouldn't a company think the same way????

Borrowing 2 billion even in a good economy is a bad idea, trucking is a business of penny's and fluctuation, to not have a reserve to get you thru the rough times is insane.

I'm just tired of hearing that this mess is because of the economy, by making that statement it justifies what our former CEO did to this company, there's a reason I don't buy anything at rent a center places and there's a reason why I don't rack up credit card debt, why shouldn't a company think the same way????

Just curious, did you take out a mortgage to buy your house (assuming you're a homeowner)?

The "reserve" is the "operating revenue" that is now positive for the first time since our/the crash.

Additionally, in our company, because we are self-insured, the bond we must post is significant. If, as you say, there were to be more reserves, the stagnant cash would cripple our ability to upgrade infrastructure and reduce even further the purchase of newer equipment.

There is a chance that the merger would have been successful, if not for the economy. I cannot guess how successful, but I will venture to say that REGARDLESS of the level of success, the company would have downsized and people would have still lost jobs. It just would not have been so dramatic.

I agree with you about purchasing at a Rent-a-center, but you do realize that most people are very close to the street if the revenue stops. If one is laid off and one minor catastrophe occurs during that period, that person and family could easily be on the street.

If you were to accept the above and set that scenario with YRC, the entire company crash makes sense. There happened to be MANY catastrophes that created the YRC debacle, some, but not all of our own doing.

Tripod, you write all the recycled garbage over and over. Just go away!

Huh, what?, I would compliment you on the originality, freshness, and uniqueness of your put-downs aimed at me if they could be described as original, fresh or unique. But sadly they are so banal, I'm embarrassed for you. Sorry.

Huh, what?, I would compliment you on the originality, freshness, and uniqueness of your put-downs aimed at me if they could be described as original, fresh or unique. But sadly they are so banal, I'm embarrassed for you. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, just do us all a favor and be original. Your like an old hen. Cluck cluck

Oh boy, boo hoo! "Why does Triplex come on here and say things I don't agree with? Why Albag? That's just not right. I'm the only one who has authentic, credible, accurate information about YRCF, no one else. Ban Triplex will ya, pretty please. I don't like having him say things I don't understand. Ban him please!!"

What a dufus!!
Sounds to me like a few of us would like to you banned,, maybe you should go back to drivin truck and singin bad country while on the road, because obviously a few of dont really see your financial genius here..

Sounds to me like a few of us would like to you banned,, maybe you should go back to drivin truck and singin bad country while on the road, because obviously a few of dont really see your financial genius here..

A few is considered to be three. You and Huh, what? only add up to two - and that's being overly generous on my part.

I truly don't mind at all if you ignore anything I post. Not my problem.

Fortunately for EVERONE this is not a democracy. IMO more than a couple members need to realize that. A BBS is about expressing opinions. The TOS don't mention everyone MUST agree. Jeff has a great site. And for me the best aspect is tolerence of diverse opinion.