Estes | Estes and Growing!

You should watch Work4Estes, that's how I got on. From talking to my boss, don't need to really bother with the online app, that just triggers something from HR to the terminal, as soon as the job is posted you need to go to the terminal and fill out app, which is what they'll tell you to do anyways after filling out online. But I do know that the online job board is updated weekly with nationwide positions.

Good Luck:clap:

thanks clap,thinkin about standing at front gate with a sign (driver needs shoes) gimmi a job.

Your starting to sound like one of those important folks up yonder.

I guess I am someone important,mildew. To my family and freinds. No, I'm not from Richmond. Just a driver. A very appreciative driver. Those guys up there need a pat on the back sometimes too.:biglaugh:

where is all of this freight still waiting hours upon hours after break to get out:biglaugh:

where ya at ?
where ya running ?
what are ya saying to dispatch ? no or won't go there ?
just asking i want to know
just went extra board need to stay away from where ya are.
or want to get sleep there :clap:

Hear from a very reliable source, the cornbinders Estes purchased are starting to hit the road. Charlotte had 3 sleeper units in the shop the other day prep'ing them for the road.Big Cummins motors and jakes.

Gotta chance to drive one. The big 435 cummins pull good. It's no 550 Cat but it's at least twice the motor as those m11's. Jakes are unbelievable. You can let her roll of Monteagle in high gear with a heavy load. Flip the switch to #3 and eventually you'll need to step on the accelerator to get the truck moving down hill again. Seems to get alot better fuel milage also. I just wish they would speed them up a little so we can safely pass someone. The 1 mile an hour cruise is also a hazzard. It cause's folks to run the cruise in traffic just to gain an extra mile an hour. Set them at 68 with the foot it will reduce tailgating and improve confidence on passing. It will also help reduce fatigue.

If they aim to get bigger, they'll never do it without good drivers that are willing to run at night, drive spring ride daycabs, stay in nasty bunkholes, be gone all week from home, run the northeast and have a good record. I know drivers are a dime a dozen now with the economy the way it is but alot of folks already worked out their financing where they don't need to run 600 miles a night and stay at some ghetto inn at Long Island anymore. I do agree. Something big is about to happen.

with increased frieght levels.... whose going to load our trailers? in my neck of the woods our dockworkers work 5 forced 14hr days and a 4-8hr 6th day when frieght levels are high. what about our dispatchers? what about our customer care reps? my point is.... no one group is going to make it happen for estes. its going to have to be a team effort or its not going to happen.

Rob knows something is around the corner. Why would he be buying equipment? Why would he be calling people back at certain terminals?Rob will hire the people he needs to cover the difference. Watch out guys something is coming down the pike.He knows something.I think the good days are on the way.

Hey b61 thanks for your service to the big E. It's guys like you that left the rest of us a great place to work. We'll all do our best to build on your efforts. Be sure to stay in touch and how many years here?

with increased frieght levels.... whose going to load our trailers? in my neck of the woods our dockworkers work 5 forced 14hr days and a 4-8hr 6th day when frieght levels are high. what about our dispatchers? what about our customer care reps? my point is.... no one group is going to make it happen for estes. its going to have to be a team effort or its not going to happen.

I always chuckle when I hear one of the higher ups say, "there is no I in team!" Exspecially one of the fat ones with hands as smooth as a babies butt. When I look around I see drivers filling in for dock workers and dispatchers I've spent my time on the dock myself. Truth be told, someone can teach a driver or anyone else to do that job in a week. I practically dispatch myself at certain terminals. I understand some terminals are more hectic than others. Try and put one of these folks in a truck, better yet. Get one of these secretaries in a truck. :biglaugh: I'm not saying that it doesn't take an effort from everyone to run the show. I just see the drivers get put on the back burner most of the time. These secretaries are getting $20+ and they get paid for OT also. I hear the dispatchers laughing from time to time about a driver getting his run cut or having to sit at the house all week, while they have have a full staff playing playstation. Wheeew! i'm starting to sound like legshot. Must be that time of the month.

i worked for bige 14 years at 011 run team xboard last 7 years run south plainfield n j estes got to big to quick to much buddy to buddy favors estes is a good co to work i think who ever is running bige will always do a good job for the co good luck b61driver

well its true no trucking company was built just by having office workers. but .....
we do sell service and with out billers, dispatchers, sales people, dockworkers, mechanics, secretaries. we would have no service to sell.
without these other parts that make up any trucking company we would be driving around empty looking dumb with no place to go.
and that goes hand and hand the core part of a trucking company is the truck and driver. with out this most important part everyone else can go home. people forget that, I agree