Estes | Estes and Lakeville Agree to Dissolve Alliance, Allowing Estes to Grow in Midwest

This Thread Is The Same Reason I Kinda Slowed My Posting. Yes We Need Paid For Our Time, Yes The Union Is Not All Bad, No Estes Dont Need An Organizing Effort For Just Pay ( The Food For Runs Program Is A Better Start) . Why Or How In The Hell Can The Upper Midwest Expansion Be A Bad Thing..... Are You Guys Serious. Either All Bad Or All Good.... I Get It. You Either Hate The Company Or You Kiss A$$. The Expansion Is Wonderfull For All Estes Drivers ( If I'm Posting To Any At All Anymore). I Would Rather See An Estes Driver Hauling The Load Than A Lakeville Driver Giving The Load To An Averitt Driver..... Come-on Guys.. Or Grow Up

With all due respect beerboy, I don't recall anyone stating the severing of the partnership with Lakeville was a bad thing. I just pointed out the fact that some posters here refuse to acknowledge some pretty awful accusations. And to save some face, they should at least admit that, if true, this behavior should be condemned, and dealt with swiftly and harshly. As far as moving into that territory and gaining a 50 state footprint. They are definitely posturing for a buyout. Which in my opinion, would be the best thing that could happen to you all. And if it does, I will be the first one to buy you all a beer in celebration. I predicted in a thread on this forum, that Estes would sell before the end of this year. Looks like I will be wrong. But there is always next year. And no I do not hate your company. It is your upper management that sucks. My problem with G.I. and Estes was never my job performance. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and except the change. I had some heated conversations with several of your so-called leaders. When someone is stilling my wallet, and they don't even wait till I turn my back, I poke em in the eye with my finger and chew on the end of their nose. :Poke::realmad: Well enough rambling from Rambo. Elvis out...

what is the truth??????????

is it, Estes sucks? that the union is the only way? that only idiots would work for Estes? that Rob E is a billionare? that we will only be happy when we quit? that RobE and Jr. J are the debill? that GI was the GREATEST company to ever be on the planet? that we should always do whatever we can to " put it to the man"? that we should take as long as we can on our meets and turns so that the comapny will suffer? that whatever Elvis says is solid gold and should always be followed? that the world is round? that there is aliens? that we went to the moon? that the people that want a Union at Estes are right and anyone esle is wrong?

you tell me WHAT IS THE TRUTH????

truth is in the eye of the beholder.

i believe that i speak the truth. and i can truthfully say that i have been called a liar, and i have called others that dont see my way of thinking, a lair. so what is the truth?????

yes. yes,yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. :hide: Just kidding!!! Except the part where what Elvis says is solid gold and should always be followed. I like that.:waycool:Elvis out....

who is stopping you from doing your job?stop playing on the cell phone internet thing!this estes board is full of mangement posing as drivers!if you belive nothing here why are you always returning?
I am the yin to your yang, someone has to let the world know that things are good here at Estes, not everyone has an axe to grind. I will continue to post in here too, after all I am the defender of the universe dont ya know!:biglaugh:

btw can any of you say you have never got your dispatcher, supervisor, tm, etc a soda or something along those lines asking to get off early or maybe take a day off....If not then you are one of a kind, and you should be commended for your fine ethics, because sorry to break it to you, this happens at ever company, if you disagree then my friend you are in the dark, i know fed ex driver, conway, and others who have done it once or twice!

btw can any of you say you have never got your dispatcher, supervisor, tm, etc a soda or something along those lines asking to get off early or maybe take a day off....If not then you are one of a kind, and you should be commended for your fine ethics, because sorry to break it to you, this happens at ever company, if you disagree then my friend you are in the dark, i know fed ex driver, conway, and others who have done it once or twice!

Once again comparing apples to oranges.Big difference between this and bribing your way past anothers seniority.If you are not management why do you feel the need to come to this cos. rescue every time someone documents a serious issue.You very rarely hear any complaints about mikeage pay because I think most will agree that it is not the best and not the worst.But when you are being paid by the mile and those wheels are not spinning you have the same responsibilities as if you are driving.You are on the clock and not being compensated for your time. You should be paid whether it is 1 minute or 10 hours. Trust me if they would be forced to pay they would have an incentive to find a way to minimize those delays and the ones that they can't control,trust me it won't put them out of buisness to pay them.How do you think other cos. do it.

No I have not! Don't need to. I do a damn good job and don't have to do more.

Guess I just don't :butt kiss: to get ahead. I've never had to do it to get what's right.

But, if you feel good about it, great for you. But don't dare get down on those who do their job and are upset at those of you :butt kiss: :butt kiss:taking work away!

With all due respect beerboy, I don't recall anyone stating the severing of the partnership with Lakeville was a bad thing. I just pointed out the fact that some posters here refuse to acknowledge some pretty awful accusations. And to save some face, they should at least admit that, if true, this behavior should be condemned, and dealt with swiftly and harshly. As far as moving into that territory and gaining a 50 state footprint. They are definitely posturing for a buyout. Which in my opinion, would be the best thing that could happen to you all. And if it does, I will be the first one to buy you all a beer in celebration. I predicted in a thread on this forum, that Estes would sell before the end of this year. Looks like I will be wrong. But there is always next year. And no I do not hate your company. It is your upper management that sucks. My problem with G.I. and Estes was never my job performance. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and except the change. I had some heated conversations with several of your so-called leaders. When someone is stilling my wallet, and they don't even wait till I turn my back, I poke em in the eye with my finger and chew on the end of their nose. :Poke::realmad: Well enough rambling from Rambo. Elvis out...

i do agree the " sky is not always sunny" but the dark "days" make us happy that the sun comes back out..... (puff,puff,give) :biglaugh: feel the love:funky:

have no problems at our terminal, everyone is treated fair, and from my stand point, we all make damn good money. If I had an issue I would either get it fixed with my tm or take it to his boss. If that didnt work, I'd go to hr, if that didnt work then I'd do what I said before, GO FIND ANOTHER JOB!. But hey maybe thats just me. :biglaugh:

Remember Mr. Estes is in the business of trucking to make money for his family and provide a service to our industry, he isn't in business to make you, me, or any employee rich. I know if I owned my business I would want it to make me money. As far as the down time issue, breakdowns, delay, etc. I have had to eat a few hours here and there, but you know what I still seem to get a pretty damn good paycheck each friday. Be safe!

:butt kiss:You must be going broke with all the bribery food you bring your TM every day. :chairshot:
Your friend Your Pal. Man Trucker

koollo aid!!

I cant finish this plate of tacos, anyone want them?
let me give you some coolaid to wash them down!! I told momma to use all the union cards to wrap her tamales with! but they all have signitures from all those unhappy,give me the world! drivers and dock workers who
wabnt to be paid delay and OT after 40hours! oh yeah? and a pension too!!!!:1036316054:

let me give you some coolaid to wash them down!! I told momma to use all the union cards to wrap her tamales with! but they all have signitures from all those unhappy,give me the world! drivers and dock workers who
wabnt to be paid delay and OT after 40hours! oh yeah? and a pension too!!!!:1036316054:
Wow what a concept, get paid for the time you put into a job. Jeez, anyone got a clue?

maybe you can get a job as a bank teller and work 9-5pm M-F get an hour lunch everyday, and not have to worry about delay pay, or getting screwed all the damn time. :funky:

well then there would be nothing to b*@ch about and that ain't no fun:biglaugh:

have no problems at our terminal, everyone is treated fair, and from my stand point, we all make damn good money. If I had an issue I would either get it fixed with my tm or take it to his boss. If that didnt work, I'd go to hr, if that didnt work then I'd do what I said before, GO FIND ANOTHER JOB!. But hey maybe thats just me. :biglaugh:

Remember Mr. Estes is in the business of trucking to make money for his family and provide a service to our industry, he isn't in business to make you, me, or any employee rich. I know if I owned my business I would want it to make me money. As far as the down time issue, breakdowns, delay, etc. I have had to eat a few hours here and there, but you know what I still seem to get a pretty damn good paycheck each friday. Be safe!

I hear ya I only made around 79,000 last year. Not bad at all but the delay times really suck sometimes.
But you know what when a guy leaves a terminal at 7pm at night and shows up 500 miles later at 4 am and then expects to get out on his 10 is just wishin for a good thing to happen.

I leave around 10 or 11 at night and show up around 9 or so in the morning and guess what am usually out on my 10.

Wow what a concept, get paid for the time you put into a job. Jeez, anyone got a clue?

I do get paid when those wheels are moving and I'm bustin those pups.
What else should I be paid for?
I just got in just under 3400 miles this week.
Man the money is coming in.
Truck it up the estes way!!!!!:smilie_132:

I do get paid when those wheels are moving and I'm bustin those pups.
What else should I be paid for?
I just got in just under 3400 miles this week.
Man the money is coming in.
Truck it up the estes way!!!!!:smilie_132:

Do you get paid when you're waiting for a load somewhere or when your stopped in traffic because of an accident? How about when you are fueling your truck?

Do you get paid when you're waiting for a load somewhere or when your stopped in traffic because of an accident? How about when you are fueling your truck?

No,no,and no. And no for many other delays,(time on duty) that they don't get compensation for. And my question is. How many hours are you actually on duty to make 79k a year???? I would bet the farm you are maxxing out your hours every week. And cheating your logs to keep it within 70 hrs. a week. Elvis out....