Estes | Estes purchases 2500 YRC Trailers

Before I worked at Estes l always wondered how a company runs with a mix of singles and tandems and the answer was what I thought , a confusing mess !
Our tandem tractors at Yellow had sliding fifth wheels, no problems at all switching between pups and vans. No confusion, no mess. Except maybe for the new guy with a single axle tractor trying to slide his fifth? :idunno:

They brought in about 60 or more yellow trailers up to the Hagerstown yard. It was confirmed all yellow trailer will have the landing gear moved back several feet so our tandems will actually fit under them. Mechanic said it will probably take a couple days per trailer. With all the trailers they bought that's going to be some hefty mechanics pay going out.
Moving the landing gear back and loading one heavy in the nose at the dock will flip it forward quickly. NONE of Yellow‘s pups had the safety bar on the front of them..

Our tandem tractors at Yellow had sliding fifth wheels, no problems at all switching between pups and vans. No confusion, no mess. Except maybe for the new guy with a single axle tractor trying to slide his fifth? :idunno:
At one time, the 2 axle tractor (single drive axle) I was assigned has a sliding 5 th wheel.

Moving the landing gear back and loading one heavy in the nose at the dock will flip it forward quickly. NONE of Yellow‘s pups had the safety bar on the front of them..
While that is true, we were required to use either the nose stands on the trailer if equipped, or there were stands at each door to place under the nose of dropped trailer at the dock.

While that is true, we were required to use either the nose stands on the trailer if equipped, or there were stands at each door to place under the nose of dropped trailer at the dock.
They’re going through and installing anti tip bars on the buildings themselves. It runs the whole length of the dock and is mounted below the dock overhang.

He may have been in a hurry to get done so he could take his lunch?

Estes Express Lines has made a purchased of 2500 YRC trailers. The equipment was purchased from the finance/bankruptcy company, not directly from YRC. Although, Estes has bid on several thousand other pieces of equipment from YRC directly.

Terminals are expected to start picking up these units in the next few days. More to come
Our shop foreman said Friday that company bought another 3000 pups ,and that we are starting Monday to get them from Yellow and USF terminals

Our shop foreman said Friday that company bought another 3000 pups ,and that we are starting Monday to get them from Yellow and USF terminals
Make sure your friendly neighborhood shop is putting them in the system, I hooked to an empty one the other day that was branded, numbered and licensed but wasn’t in the system. Had to drop it and rehook 🙄