Yellow | Estes.... the new Yellow ?

If I were a delivery driver for Amazon I would be looking elsewhere for a job as soon as I felt I had the skills and experience to do so. Guess we just have different plans of attack when it comes to problem solving.
I totally agree. But sometimes location comes into play when looking for work. All the good job prospects adds a extra 20 minutes to work for me

From what I'm hearing from people higher up in the industry is that Estes will be taking on 50 percent of Yellows debt and taking over a chunk of their terminals. Planning has already started for Estes to move into several Yellow terminals in NY.
As debt shy as Estes is, I seriously doubt that they will assume Yellow’s debt, and they already own a lot of the terminals that have been vacated. Estes prides itself on being debt free, and that never changed in all the years I was there. I have no doubt that they are interested in the equipment as the lead time for new tractors is still over a year. For that matter, Estes Leasing may be the lease holder.

As debt shy as Estes is, I seriously doubt that they will assume Yellow’s debt, and they already own a lot of the terminals that have been vacated. Estes prides itself on being debt free, and that never changed in all the years I was there. I have no doubt that they are interested in the equipment as the lead time for new tractors is still over a year. For that matter, Estes Leasing may be the lease holder.
Check the new thread titles.
Estes just bid $1.3 billion for Yellow's terminals.

Check the new thread titles.
Estes just bid $1.3 billion for Yellow's terminals.
What a bargain that may turn out to be. 169 terminals that are "owned". $7.7M each on average. Keep the better locations/facilities for themselves. Lease out those with great CAP rates and sell the rest at FMV.

What a bargain that may turn out to be. 169 terminals that are "owned". $7.7M each on average. Keep the better locations/facilities for themselves. Lease out those with great CAP rates and sell the rest at FMV.
Wait a minute, what's wrong with this picture? The leader of the Teamsters effectively puts the final nail in the coffin of the largest remaining unionized LTL trucking company. A non-union LTL trucking company buys up the terminals and equipment of that closed down unionized company. In effect, the non-union company now expands and operates the closed down unionized company as an even larger non-union company. Wow, that sure seems like an odd strategy for a Teamster leader. What am I missing here? :duh: :duh:

Last edited:
Wait a minute, what's wrong with picture? The leader of the Teamsters effectively puts the final nail in the coffin of the largest remaining unionized LTL trucking company. A non-union LTL trucking company buys up the terminals and equipment of that closed down unionized company. In effect, the non-union company now expands and operates the closed down unionized company as an even larger non-union company. Wow, that sure seems like an odd strategy for a Teamster leader. What am I missing here? :duh: :duh:
The only thing you are missing is that Yellow has more than enough assets to pay the creditors and will finally show a large profit. Looks like the only losers here are the Teamster employees.

Wait a minute, what's wrong with this picture? The leader of the Teamsters effectively puts the final nail in the coffin of the largest remaining unionized LTL trucking company. A non-union LTL trucking company buys up the terminals and equipment of that closed down unionized company. In effect, the non-union company now expands and operates the closed down unionized company as an even larger non-union company. Wow, that sure seems like an odd strategy for a Teamster leader. What am I missing here? :duh: :duh:
Estes doesn't want all that freight, nor all those employees. They'll take a little of both. This is more about larger legacy and setting up their family for even more generations. Even at FMV those properties will return 5-6% per year on average with very little effort. Beats the hell out of trying to haul $1.7B of freight at a 94 OR.

Estes doesn't want all that freight, nor all those employees. They'll take a little of both. This is more about larger legacy and setting up their family for even more generations. Even at FMV those properties will return 5-6% per year on average with very little effort. Beats the hell out of trying to haul $1.7B of freight at a 94 OR.
Not saying Estes will take Yellow's freight or employees, just that they will essentially absorb the Yellow physical plant and network and it will become Estes.

Not saying Estes will take Yellow's freight or employees, just that they will essentially absorb the Yellow physical plant and network and it will become Estes.
Estes has a great freight pricing plan, NO CHEAP FREIGHT ALLOWED. Plus some of the LTL Salesman will discount freight , just to get their BALLS Licked.:emoticon digging:

its just a bid, the bankruptcy court still has to see what other bids there are either for all or to sell them at auction or individually. What Estes did was set the low price, if the judge does not accept it they get $26 million- yes $26 million for just being the 1st stalking bidder.

It will never happen at Estes. Union talk once at a terminal and they closed the doors on that terminal and fired everybody there. Estes is doing good and treats their workers good so no need for a Union.
Saw that very thing happen. I've been with Estes for over 25 years and can say with complete honesty they treat us very well as drivers.

Lol I just love the irony of this thread. Everything everyone was fitting against at Yellow is now the ok place to work for at Estes lol I guess tough guys become desperate eventually lol
I remember the last few years when everyone was saying how the non union lines were making more than us, and bellyaching. Well now’s your chance to go work there. Except the problem is, that they won’t hire any former union guys.