ODFL | Estes To Od

Estes mandatory weekend work forced , no work life balance if you have a family get some good photos because thats where you will see them
Remember the grass is not greener on the other side. OLD Dominion lays off drivers and Estes doesn't. Right now Estes mileage pay is hire than O/D. Some drivers jump ship with out researching. Bad move. Because now your the low guy. Which means the first driver to get laid off. An O/D is known to lay off drivers and that season is approaching us fast. Good luck

Remember the grass is not greener on the other side. OLD Dominion lays off drivers and Estes doesn't. Right now Estes mileage pay is hire than O/D. Some drivers jump ship with out researching. Bad move. Because now your the low guy. Which means the first driver to get laid off. An O/D is known to lay off drivers and that season is approaching us fast. Good luck
Estes doesn't play off drivers??? Hmmm

How long have you worked for OD?

I went from Estes to OD 6 yrs ago. Was the best move of my life. My experience is we are treated WAY better here at OD, the equipment is better taken care of, facilities are WAY cleaner and newer (most places). Technology is better here. Driver morale is higher, way less waiting for loads for linehaul, not sitting in a hotel for 17 hrs. (Just my experience, can be different somewhere else in the country i suppose).

Research, like asking others who may have faced the same decision?

Kinda feels like that’s what I’m doing...

I went from Estes to OD 6 yrs ago. Was the best move of my life. My experience is we are treated WAY better here at OD, the equipment is better taken care of, facilities are WAY cleaner and newer (most places). Technology is better here. Driver morale is higher, way less waiting for loads for linehaul, not sitting in a hotel for 17 hrs. (Just my experience, can be different somewhere else in the country i suppose).
If Estes could fix those problems it would be a really good place to work. You on the east coast ?

That's also an issue. The difference between linehual and city. Linehual is always the golden child. Where city is always treated second class. Local management makes a difference, and where I'm at it has gone downhill.