ODFL | Estes To Od

Personally, I think Long is a instigator. Sad sack. Pretty much every terminal follows the pattern lined out in the handbook. There are driver’s that cry and whine after a job selection when someone above them selects their personal run. It’s happened to me. I replied to the driver, you should of started ahead of me. I’ve also years ago got bumped from a run, no problem I dealt with it.

I'm sure it varies by terminal but leaving estes for od was the best decision of my life (estes wmx). To each there own. Never been been happier since i left estes. Worst 10 months of my career were at estes (crappy equipment, tons of waiting on loads, unfriendly office personal etc etc) my experience only
Im 10 years estes and i believe every word you say im ready to check into a mental institution , estes midwest will destroy you

I went from Estes to OD 6 yrs ago. Was the best move of my life. My experience is we are treated WAY better here at OD, the equipment is better taken care of, facilities are WAY cleaner and newer (most places). Technology is better here. Driver morale is higher, way less waiting for loads for linehaul, not sitting in a hotel for 17 hrs. (Just my experience, can be different somewhere else in the country i suppose).
I WORKED @ DA BIG E FOR 4 DAYS IN MCCOOK ON THIER FILTHY DCK I WALKED OUT ON THEM ON MY 4TH DAY

I remember once, they stopped cleaning our windshields for the same reason.
After everyone started charging 15 min for cleaning their WS, they started back polluting.
Good luck getting paid for anything at a non FREE FREE and more FREE im glads im almost done i will look back at my 35 year career as pure misery and will never recommend trucking to anybody

Good luck getting paid for anything at a non FREE FREE and more FREE im glads im almost done i will look back at my 35 year career as pure misery and will never recommend trucking to anybody
Sounds like your just miserable... because at my non union u get paid for fuel, drop&hook, tractor only. Our delay pay even starts right after your lunch just like at a union.... And I was union running Linehaul years ago and it also was all the same.

I must be the outlier because I love what I do. After 23 years I still enjoy driving.
Try working without an assigned tractor and daily being told to hook a set of empties when the terminal knows they dont have any and playing games about the empties and wont let you bobtail to home terminal 3 hours no pay

Try working without an assigned tractor and daily being told to hook a set of empties when the terminal knows they dont have any and playing games about the empties and wont let you bobtail to home terminal 3 hours no pay
I can go toe to toe with bad days. Running otr gives you an appreciation for what you have in LTL. If a driver has been in this industry long enough he's had some crappy days. Not saying you didn't have a right to be irritated.