ODFL | Estes To Od

I must be the outlier because I love what I do. After 23 years I still enjoy driving.
I think anyone that ever worked for PIE out of Charl will tell you they never had a better job.
I feel the same, although it's the only job I've had.
I wouldn't want to drive in today's traffic, but I did enjoy my job.

I think anyone that ever worked for PIE out of Charl will tell you they never had a better job.
I feel the same, although it's the only job I've had.
I wouldn't want to drive in today's traffic, but I did enjoy my job.
At the shopping mall by me there is a time line of photos of the malls progress thru the years and one picture is a PIE truck at the construction site making a delivery must be about 1964 because about a dozen construction workers cars are there and some guys had 1940's cars , what a drastic difference what people were driving at that time one guy has a modern car another guy not so much

Remember the grass is not greener on the other side. OLD Dominion lays off drivers and Estes doesn't. Right now Estes mileage pay is hire than O/D. Some drivers jump ship with out researching. Bad move. Because now your the low guy. Which means the first driver to get laid off. An O/D is known to lay off drivers and that season is approaching us fast. Good luck
How much is mileage pay at Estes?

At the shopping mall by me there is a time line of photos of the malls progress thru the years and one picture is a PIE truck at the construction site making a delivery must be about 1964 because about a dozen construction workers cars are there and some guys had 1940's cars , what a drastic difference what people were driving at that time one guy has a modern car another guy not so much
Were there any mirror pictures?

The 6th day mandatory at Estes is rotated in groups. At our barn anyhow. May be different at other terminals. If you have a 600+ mile schedule you dont have to worry about it. Starts now and ends in the fall. It works out where you'll only work 1 weekend per busy season. Lately they've been adding extra money to it. Like 5 hours vacation pay. You can pick when to call in to work. Sometimes the freight will be slow, expecially around a holiday weekend. Then you've dodged a bullet. Most don't wanna work but the extra pay looks good on the check. Long waits at times for dispatch but they try to work everyone and leave no one wondering if they'll work or not. Instead of laying off they'll ask us rich drivers if we wouldn't mind staying home to allow someone to run our schedule. Many senior drivers have no problem staying home once or twice a week when it gets slow. What I do to cut down on the wait time, I'll call and get and Idea if my load is on time or not before I head in. Normally they can get the time pretty close when to come in. Halfway meets are kind of a pain for those that have anxiety issues and high blood pressure but there's plenty of different types of schedules to pick from and most drivers know which runs run more smoothly and which dosen't before they bid

The 6th day mandatory at Estes is rotated in groups. At our barn anyhow. May be different at other terminals. If you have a 600+ mile schedule you dont have to worry about it. Starts now and ends in the fall. It works out where you'll only work 1 weekend per busy season. Lately they've been adding extra money to it. Like 5 hours vacation pay. You can pick when to call in to work. Sometimes the freight will be slow, expecially around a holiday weekend. Then you've dodged a bullet. Most don't wanna work but the extra pay looks good on the check. Long waits at times for dispatch but they try to work everyone and leave no one wondering if they'll work or not. Instead of laying off they'll ask us rich drivers if we wouldn't mind staying home to allow someone to run our schedule. Many senior drivers have no problem staying home once or twice a week when it gets slow. What I do to cut down on the wait time, I'll call and get and Idea if my load is on time or not before I head in. Normally they can get the time pretty close when to come in. Halfway meets are kind of a pain for those that have anxiety issues and high blood pressure but there's plenty of different types of schedules to pick from and most drivers know which runs run more smoothly and which dosen't before they bid

Us rich drivers , love that LOL. Yeah you’re right on the meats, 50/50 chance of ending up with a bone head or a lousy terminal. Pretty nice and accurate summary!

I am but I work out of one of the largest terminals in the system so I work every holiday, 70 hrs or 6 dispatches, only 34 hrs off and back on call, so not much time at home!!!
In over 4 years, out of a large terminal, still on call? I’d think after that long you could get a scheduled run?

Anyone on here out of OD Harrisburg terminal in Carlisle? Wondering if it’s the same deal out of that service center as well.

Estes to od.

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.
Not really different these days,, Od like having more wild drivers it seems, our terminals are older, trucks more run down and slower but pay is same,, if you gots time at testes just hang out,,

Not really different these days,, Od like having more wild drivers it seems, our terminals are older, trucks more run down and slower but pay is same,, if you gots time at testes just hang out,,

OD can get many of their wild drivers home daily though. Estes 5 days out 2 days home. OD sets tractor speed based on length of run which makes sense. Estes boys running 600+ governed at 66-67. Pay is neck and neck but OD paying fuel drop hook and build or break pups. What concerns me the most about applying is the layoffs and or getting starved at the bottom. I have less than 5 years at Estes.

OD can get many of their wild drivers home daily though. Estes 5 days out 2 days home. OD sets tractor speed based on length of run which makes sense. Estes boys running 600+ governed at 66-67. Pay is neck and neck but OD paying fuel drop hook and build or break pups. What concerns me the most about applying is the layoffs and or getting starved at the bottom. I have less than 5 years at Estes.
You right on the layovers for wild,, if you have a good run I’d just stay out but if running wild for the e, come on over.. could be some time before you get a good run tho these days,, linehaul likes everyone versatile