Holland | Eventual Holland Territory

only hope its big enough for everyone to see....if not, i can resize and make it a bit bigger....the second map is the same as the first except it doesnt show the old areas......some of you have already seen this map and if you havent dont hit the eject button just yet...

only hope its big enough for everyone to see....if not, i can resize and make it a bit bigger....the second map is the same as the first except it doesnt show the old areas......some of you have already seen this map and if you havent dont hit the eject button just yet...

Very interesting. I say Holland has about a year or so to go. The writing is on the wall.
I have said that sence the first solid orange tractor pulled into our yard.

These are "next day" service points! Not territory size. Will you please quit posting this. Misunderstandings of this negatively effect everyone.

This might be easier to see.

hollandmap2rm3.jpg

hollandmaprp9.jpg

as i said dont push the eject button just yet....
and you can read what you want into this...next day in your estimation is limited to just these areas...

i suppose that makes perfect sense, i think,

maybe to much reality i suppose....

and sorry if i offended anyone by posting this..

havent seen it posted before on this forum and i didnt know it would be treated with hostility...

MAYBE THATS WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU IN NEW YORK, superstar.....

management has been known to tell some fibs every now and then....

The puzzle

These are "next day" service points! Not territory size. Will you please quit posting this. Misunderstandings of this negatively effect everyone.

The next day market is going to be everywhere, and soon enough with the new contract it will be the main source of income at yellow and all of the YRC companies.

Please listen to what Zollars is saying about original territories and economical savings.....

I will say again i dont wanna preach dooms day scenirios, just trying to pass along the limited amount of information that they give us and try to put the pieces together for myself...

If you look at the info that was out there a month or two ago you wouldve seen the closing of the south just like so many brothers posted before me, only posting my thoughts.

Just because of the sec filings 2-13-08 doesn't mean its not in the cards. Seems that they have got a long way to go to cut what 50 million. They said 50 million ?in cuts to regional operations. and this is worth 10 million in savings. The new map has not got my terminal on it. We have got next day service to many locations.

Wrongway81,
I think it's been determined that the new map was an overnight service area from one of the Holland terminals. True, nobody but the highest levels of Mgmt. know what's in the future.

Sorry to be Doom and Gloom, but I have a bad feeling about this. Everybody wants to dismiss the SMALLER FOOTPRINT comment. We all know anything is possible and they are far from done!! Its a long way from a size 12 to a size 9.

WW81,
You're right but it'll drive you nuts in the meantime worrying about it when there's really not a thing any of us can do to prevent it if YRC wants to make a size 9 out of it.

Holland puts out many different fliers to distribute to customers. This one shows the "heartland" which in terms for holland is Mi, In, Wi, Il, Oh, Ky, and part of Pa. This is just a promotional tool to get shipments in this area. Many of you may not remember, but when the new terminals in PA opened they distributed a flier just like this one that only showed the PA terminals. Just this last summer they distributed one that had for the most part all of the terminals that are not shown on this one. They try to drum up business in certain areas at different times during the year. This is not a footprint for the new holland, it is just a promotional flier to try to get freight into these areas

Axman,
Good post. We've all seen fliers over the years that highlighted a targeted area which the freight solicitors were concentrating on.