XPO | Excuse me did you say no cell phones?

mushroom said:
we are conway without us this company would not be here anymore

Actually without customers we would not even be working and so on.
I also see your point mushroom.
I remember the "Brought to you by our customers" slogan on our pay checks. It was just a little reminder to us.

If we would follow these stupid policies to the letter when they come out they have a way of biting the big wheels in the a@$ and they "revise" policies.:duh: :duh: :duh:

enronintheworks said:
I talk on my phone in the terminal, on the dock, in the lot, while hooking my set, driving, fueling and they cant stop me!!!!

do you also talk on the phone while delivering customeres freight and while the customer is signing it you say "hold on sweety" sign here please" "yea sorry about that i had to tell the guy where to sign " blah blah blah etc etc etc....

I talk on my phone in the terminal, on the dock, in the lot, while hooking my set, driving, fueling and they cant stop me!!!!
Thats just the kind of things that will have them drop the hammer.Driving with a head set is one thing,On the dock is another.this is why we our treated like children and we get hit with so many brain dead rules.Please don't think I'm taking the managements side.

And if you got into an accident from being distracted on company time would you tell them you were on the phone?

I think common sense, proper and respectful use comes into play with the use of personal cellphones. I'm pretty sure most people ranting about using cellphones are complaining just to complain and feel the company is taking a priviledge away from them. In my opinion they are not.
Using cellphones while on company time is disruptive, distracting and interferes with your work duties.

Bottomline: If it's an emergency while working at an FAC or dock the caller should call that place and you should be paged.
My family members know where to reach me. It's not that big of a deal.

Of course they can't stop you, but if you get caught than be prepared to get disciplined for not following policy and procedures.

............it's that simple.
ditto what gfy says.

we are the real outlaw truckers just watch us go! some truckers are running 2 or 3 log books, running 2 or 3 days without sleep, no lisence over weight but at conway its talking on the cell. conway outlaw

That's been the policy for many years. At least for 3 years anyway... Cell phones are considered a safety hazard on the dock... You could be talking and be distracted and either hit someone or get hit...

Slackers

If I'm out there bustin' freight, what gives you the right or who the hell do you think you are that you can find some soft freight to sit on and chat on the cell phone? They're paying you good money to do a job....DO THE F***ING JOB!!!!! Press on

If I'm out there bustin' freight, what gives you the right or who the hell do you think you are that you can find some soft freight to sit on and chat on the cell phone? They're paying you good money to do a job....DO THE F***ING JOB!!!!! Press on
OUTSTANDING!!!