Yellow | Facts About The Lytx DriveCam Program

Yep! Good old Bernie wants to reduce road drivers, linehaul drivers and OTR drivers to shuttle drivers, moving freight between the rail head and the terminal.

In other words, he wants to put about 50% of drivers out of work. Right after being endorsed by James Hoffa Jr. and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Doesn't something seem a little wrong with this?

Yep! Good old Bernie wants to reduce road drivers, linehaul drivers and OTR drivers to shuttle drivers, moving freight between the rail head and the terminal.

In other words, he wants to put about 50% of drivers out of work. Right after being endorsed by James Hoffa Jr. and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Doesn't something seem a little wrong with this?

Sounds right to me. Hoffa said freight is 10% of the union and 90% of the problems.

What is the point of recording in-cab audio when an event is triggered? What are they hoping to capture the driver doing? Snoring, cussing, singing YMCA at the top of his lungs?

Shhhhh!!!! You're more than making it up driving for CRST. :smile new:
Google 'Onboard safety system statistics' and you'll see a report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that shows the return on investment rates for 3 of the most common safety features on trucks nowadays. I don't recommend you read all 267 pages of the report, I surely didn't......in the first 30 pages or so you'll see that the return on investment for the Lane Departure Warning technology ranges from $1.37 to $6.55 per dollar spent, depending on the size of the fleet. The return on Front Collision Warning technology ranges from $1.33 to $7.22. I only looked for those 2 since we have this on our new trucks and I believe the cameras they're installing in the old trucks has these features too. I have no idea how much the company is spending on this stuff but if it really gives us that type of return it makes sense to me. I want leverage in 2019 !!

Safety team at 881 was under the desk before the merger. If that tells you anything.
Why would the company pay a man OT to come in and do this crap when the head safety man ( EX TEAMSTER ) is now on the management side ? Seems to me his job is to make sure his underlings get their OT..
I/m not sure what you mean by "under-the-desk". I'm not at all sure what is going on in SLC. But if your "under-the desk" is the same as "brown-nosing" I take offense. None of my Safety Team is of that bent; we simply do our jobs well. I have noticed that there is a co-relation between the members of the Safety Team, and those who do their job well. I'm not ashamed of that, I'm proud of it.

I value your comments Fly, but I am going to say even if Bernie were to win, you and I would not live long enough to see half the trucks off the highways. Neither would Bernie....

I/m not sure what you mean by "under-the-desk". I'm not at all sure what is going on in SLC. But if your "under-the desk" is the same as "brown-nosing" I take offense. None of my Safety Team is of that bent; we simply do our jobs well. I have noticed that there is a co-relation between the members of the Safety Team, and those who do their job well. I'm not ashamed of that, I'm proud of it.
No offense to your team.
Just pointing out how it went down at 881. Guess we could call it club brown nose here.

I value your comments Fly, but I am going to say even if Bernie were to win, you and I would not live long enough to see half the trucks off the highways. Neither would Bernie....
You and I both know it's a hopeless ideal, but it sure makes the people who don't like trucks happy!

The amount of infrastructure alone the railroad would need to take us off the road would cost billions, possibly trillions of dollars. It's not economically viable and whomever spent the money would NEVER see it back.

I was mostly pointing out that A. Bernie isn't here to help truckers, and B. Once again, the Hoffa regime does not have the best interests of the union members at heart.

If it helps, our lunatics here in Canada want to implement a "green economy" too. All on the dime of the taxpayer. One guy seems to be under the mistaken belief that roads are "free" and wants to implement a "user fee" on public roads. Isn't that supposed to be what fuel taxes and licensing fees are for?

You and I both know it's a hopeless ideal, but it sure makes the people who don't like trucks happy!

The amount of infrastructure alone the railroad would need to take us off the road would cost billions, possibly trillions of dollars. It's not economically viable and whomever spent the money would NEVER see it back.

I was mostly pointing out that A. Bernie isn't here to help truckers, and B. Once again, the Hoffa regime does not have the best interests of the union members at heart.

If it helps, our lunatics here in Canada want to implement a "green economy" too. All on the dime of the taxpayer. One guy seems to be under the mistaken belief that roads are "free" and wants to implement a "user fee" on public roads. Isn't that supposed to be what fuel taxes and licensing fees are for?
Does this mean that the respective governments will also require all businesses to be located on a rail siding so Teamster driven "P and D" locomotives can make the pickups and deliveries???

Does this mean that the respective governments will also require all businesses to be located on a rail siding so Teamster driven "P and D" locomotives can make the pickups and deliveries???
Sounds like B.S.Bernie Sanders wants to be in good graces with railroad mogul Warren Buffet

Sounds like B.S.Bernie Sanders wants to be in good graces with railroad mogul Warren Buffet
Ya... Buffet probably giving him a few bucks.... Or his lobbies.... Money talks bullshit walks.... that ol saying.. ... Government... In the end is run by big money in the end. We all know that.

Ya... Buffet probably giving him a few bucks.... Or his lobbies.... Money talks :horseshit: walks.... that ol saying.. ... Government... In the end is run by big money in the end. We all know that.

For long haul, railroads are much more efficient than trucking. A 2 mile long train of double stack containers is operated by two men, engineer and conductor. UPS for instance has been putting trailers on the rail for over 40 years already and many more companies do today. For shorter distances of course trucking wins for timeliness and flexibility.

For long haul, railroads are much more efficient than trucking. A 2 mile long train of double stack containers is operated by two men, engineer and conductor. UPS for instance has been putting trailers on the rail for over 40 years already and many more companies do today. For shorter distances of course trucking wins for timeliness and flexibility.
That comes back to the money walks thing.
Cost of moving freight.
Cost of getting a candidate elected and keeping the donors happy while in office.
Trucking will never go away. Not in our lifetimes. Can't back a locomotive up to a dock.
But I do know you can get boxcars next to a building and load and unload.
Used to load them in my twenties.... Not the 1920's....my twenties.
They do it now and eliminate the trucks altogether. So it can be done but it will and would take alot of planning and time.

Were are you coming from dude.Trucks have been coming of the the roads for the last 20 years,Predominantly truck loads . The majority of orgainized truck drivers are LTL and they still use the rails.Somebody got to get it to the rails any way.The rails road is a cheaper alternative in an era where there is a shortage of good drivers.The big Three truck load use the rails exclusively Snieder JBHunt and Swift. Bernie just so happens to be labor friendly.I'll trust him over all the others.

Nobody's losing work because of the rails.Our drivers are protected.We have a contract.You don't.

That comes back to the money walks thing.
Cost of moving freight.
Cost of getting a candidate elected and keeping the donors happy while in office.
Trucking will never go away. Not in our lifetimes. Can't back a locomotive up to a dock.
But I do know you can get boxcars next to a building and load and unload.
Used to load them in my twenties.... Not the 1920's....my twenties.
They do it now and eliminate the trucks altogether. So it can be done but it will and would take alot of planning and time.
Kind of difficult getting a box car into the local 7/11 or price chopper