FedEx Freight | Falling behind to other LTL’s

Anyone notice there are a bunch of city driver positions on the jobs list?

Is freight picking up that much, or have they run off that many drivers? I know locally a couple have left, and are not currently being replaced...
Orlando has a new terminal manager who is firing and running off city drivers. I heard his employee survey results were negative so he is retaliating against the drivers. The higher ups never come around either. It's a crappy situation and morale is at an all time low.

Orlando has a new terminal manager who is firing and running off city drivers. I heard his employee survey results were negative so he is retaliating against the drivers. The higher ups never come around either. It's a crappy situation and morale is at an all time low.
What is he firing them for?

If you aren’t showing up to work with the mindset of how you are going to enable historically marginalized groups to overcome systemic racism and oppression along with empowering women, especially POC women, to achieve their potential goals in the workplace, while, stepping in to cover for them when they need to take care of their families all while helping to implement LBGTQIA+ ideologies while participating in the implementation of initiatives to help the company achieve carbon neutrality in order to combat the effects of climate change, then maybe truck driving isn’t for you.
WOW.....how did you type all that and not fall down laughing at yourself?

Not 100 percent sure. Managers can't say and fired employees won't answer their phone. Lots of people are being written up for petty stuff too.
Sounds like history repeats itself... Deja Vu

If the problems are real, you can/should encourage those effected to report the situation. THIS CAN trigger a visit from H/R, regional M/D, or both. But then yall have to be willing to speak up when they come. The benefit of the alertline vs a call to H/R is documentation and required follow-up - an official response.

Hint: Using the handheld text feature is ALWAYS better than phone conversations when communicating issues. Leadership is more likely to be respectful and ethical (above board). If not, there is a permanent record - evidence whenever you need it.

Keep us posted

:popcorn:

The problem is you can't sell the teamsters to FedEx employees. O'Brien might be able to change that perspective, but we'll have to wait and see how these current negotiations go. I don't care about the pension or teamcare, but PT protection is a big deal.
O'Brien seems pretty determined to kill Yellow. Not sure how that improves organizing...

I'm fairly new to this terminal so I don't know the best drivers to ask. I can ask 3 different people why someone was fired and I get 3 different answers! I'm just trying to stay out of trouble and hopefully the business picks up sooner than later.
keep your head down , do the very best you can safely , do your job -- go home , seriously

I'm fairly new to this terminal so I don't know the best drivers to ask. I can ask 3 different people why someone was fired and I get 3 different answers! I'm just trying to stay out of trouble and hopefully the business picks up sooner than later.
Worth knowing, it's NOT that easy for a manager to fire you, IF (this is important) you stay within POLICY. I know it can be tough to know the policy, but every new hire had the chance to read it during the onboarding process. Most skim through it. I get that. You can still look it up yourself or you have every right to request leadership print out a specific policy that you'd like clarified. They have to do it.

Staying within policy and refusing to be pressured to violate it won't get you fired. Just document things. And always lean into safety above all. They preach it - hold them to it. Also know, bad managers come and go. Patience grasshopper - you'll still be here. Reporting bad ones can accelerate that process.

Most questions you have can be answered here. But always verify, as we can all me wrong on occasion. Never on purpose, but it happens.

You are on the right path brother.

:smilie93c peelout:

The US Treasury can force Yellow into bankruptcy but it is run by the Biden administration. Do you think the Biden administration wants to put 30,000 people on the unemployment roles?

The banks can force Yellow into bankruptcy but then a bankruptcy judge determines who gets what and the banks lose their interest payments for now and possibly forever.

Reporting bad ones can accelerate that process.

While my reporting has never accelerated the process (that I know of), I did notice that once I stopped reporting anonymously and started putting my name on ethics line reports, supervisors started leaving me alone.

That being said YMMV so do what works best for you. I just got tired of the "I'm a supervisor, do what I say" talk and stopped caring about the job because it was such a miserable experience. When they started leaving me alone the job became more tolerable and not that bad, but that works two ways. I have to make sure everything I do is by policy because they'd love to catch me dead to rights.

The US Treasury can force Yellow into bankruptcy but it is run by the Biden administration. Do you think the Biden administration wants to put 30,000 people on the unemployment roles?

The banks can force Yellow into bankruptcy but then a bankruptcy judge determines who gets what and the banks lose their interest payments for now and possibly forever.
It's a little more complicated than that. Biden hates trump and can spin the bailout as a republican disaster. The treasury might walk away from their money, the banks would then be first in line to sell the assets, which according to the balance sheet would pay off the loans to the bank. There's a lot of pieces to this puzzle. What's agreed to behind closed doors will be what happens in the end.

New road drivers at ABF hubs typically have to start off on call 24/7 365 for a few years until you can hold a run. No set days off, it’s like 48 hours off after 6 tours. There’s no way I’m living like that for a few years. Maybe if I was 21 but not now with kids. If they had a XB like FedEx I would have went down the street years ago.
Some guys go to the local side till they can hold a bid on the road board.
Every April you can jump from local to road or road to local.