FedEx Freight | Falling behind to other LTL’s

It's a little more complicated than that. Biden hates trump and can spin the bailout as a republican disaster. The treasury might walk away from their money, the banks would then be first in line to sell the assets, which according to the balance sheet would pay off the loans to the bank. There's a lot of pieces to this puzzle. What's agreed to behind closed doors will be what happens in the end.
The US Treasury has priority liens on the loan purchased equipment. They will not abandon that. 0%

Wow! Aren’t we all Americans… Our jobs are under attack! And our American highways that we have ALL paid for That is us that follow the rules. Yellow freight is good As a matter of fact haven’t we all noticed our benefits in shambles and pay as if we were a misbehaving dog that has messed on the floor.
I mean did you ever just for a moment or 2 ponder as to why UNDER the TRUMP administration the Federal Reserve bailout YRC?
It is a fact! The Federal Reserve Boatd purchased $700 million of YRC bonds that NO I mean 0 Wall Street bankers would buy
Any ?’s. Just saying.

The US Treasury has priority liens on the loan purchased equipment. They will not abandon that. 0%
And that equipment depreciated 50% the day it hit the highway. Nobody wins if they shut down. The question is how do they keep it afloat when Sean O'Brian is pretty clear that he wants it shut down?

Orlando has a new terminal manager who is firing and running off city drivers. I heard his employee survey results were negative so he is retaliating against the drivers. The higher ups never come around either. It's a crappy situation and morale is at an all time low.
When the lazy asses get catered to and the productive guys wind up gettin the shaft, low morale is the inevitable result

At least thats the problem my barn has

Orlando has a new terminal manager who is firing and running off city drivers. I heard his employee survey results were negative so he is retaliating against the drivers. The higher ups never come around either. It's a crappy situation and morale is at an all time low.
OMG, thats laughable! They fired two people in the city that deserved that actually deserved it due to tardiness and no shows. Now is NOT a good time to do that cause we are slow. every time you get a new TM certain people will not like him and certain people will.

I will ride this b**** until the wheels fall off.. I have time invested in here. I never said this is the WORSE place. The pay isn’t the issue at all with me here. I live a very basic life and this isn’t my main source of income.. I take cc weeks like nothing, I’m getting by just working 2-3 days most weeks.. but if you’re upset that I want better benefits and an actual pension then maybe just keep scrolling. I’m not doing anything wrong by keeping all the TB members up to date on what other LTL carriers are getting. Some of the members on here would want better also. You clearly don’t care and just take whatever is given which is totally fine. But then just keep scrolling.. matter fact why even waste your time getting on here??
I love it that jerks put then leave then. If your not drinking the kool-aid 24/7 then want you gone.

That's usually a management response though.

Part of me says leave while there are jobs to be had. The other says 20+ years is alot to infest. Stay and try to find a union other than teamsters.

See through the purple propaganda.

Our benefits aren’t the best, not the worst either… by a long shot. Pay, likewise. It could be and should be better.

The company doesn’t want to haul cheap freight. They keep prices artificially high to keep high claim freight out of the system, something they probably should’ve done years ago I suppose. This is also part of the reason we are still making money despite a massive drop off in average daily shipments. Unfortunately, since they massively overhired, even after it started slowing down well over a year ago, the drivers pay the price for the change in pricing discipline. Something happened with their strategy around this time last year and they changed direction. (Something to do with the current administration’s economic policies or outlooks perhaps?)

They swear up and down that they’re only using PT in lanes with a lot of empty back haul. I could give a lot of examples of how that’s wrong. They also mentioned they are using less of both rail and PT… that’s true, but only because they decided to pick up less freight.

People will continue to sit, PT’s will still roll and our competitors will continue to grow and erode our market share.

So here comes another LTL that gets close to us once again in pay. Not only are they pretty much caught up in mileage pay with us, their benefits blow us out of the room.. so all in all they are 100% better by far.

Now I want to hear all the Purple kool aids point something negative out.. instead of just facing that we are starting to fall behind more and more and we have no voice at all
It gets worse.
Tforce’s, new tentative agreement, has very specific, new never before used, language in the contract that states
“Any Non-Union acquisition or merger will be Entailed in seniority, and workers will be unionized.“

Now you know why FedEx never assimilated FedEx freight with all its other business entities, they kept you separated for a reason.

Now that UPS Package has cut loose its Freight Division, FedEx is going to follow suit.

These package giants don’t need to own a freight company to ship their package customers freight shipments…..

At least you won’t have to wear those ugly purple shirts anymore..

It gets worse.
Tforce’s, new tentative agreement, has very specific, new never before used, language in the contract that states
“Any Non-Union acquisition or merger will be Entailed in seniority, and workers will be unionized.“

Now you know why FedEx never assimilated FedEx freight with all its other business entities, they kept you separated for a reason.

Now that UPS Package has cut loose its Freight Division, FedEx is going to follow suit.

These package giants don’t need to own a freight company to ship their package customers freight shipments…..

At least you won’t have to wear those ugly purple shirts anymore..
I don’t see that happening. Unlike UPS, Fedex actually invested capital into their LTL business and became the largest as a result. But I’m all for conspiracy theories too I suppose. If we’re bought out by anyone it’ll be Swifty Swift or another OTR company trying to gain an LTL market share.

I don’t see that happening. Unlike UPS, Fedex actually invested capital into their LTL business and became the largest as a result. But I’m all for conspiracy theories too I suppose. If we’re bought out by anyone it’ll be Swifty Swift or another OTR company trying to gain an LTL market share.
“In January 2021, TFI agreed to purchase UPS' LTL and truckload subsidiary UPS Freight for US$800 million.
At the time, the acquisition was the second largest deal in North American trucking history after the 2017 merger of Swift Transportation and Knight Transportation and made TFI one of the largest trucking companies in North America.”

Just saying TFI doesn’t screw around….

“Since the mid 1990s, the company's main source of growth has been complete takeovers of companies (over 190 between 1996 and 2021) many of which continue operating as subsidiaries”

“In January 2021, TFI agreed to purchase UPS' LTL and truckload subsidiary UPS Freight for US$800 million.
At the time, the acquisition was the second largest deal in North American trucking history after the 2017 merger of Swift Transportation and Knight Transportation and made TFI one of the largest trucking companies in North America.”

Just saying TFI doesn’t screw around….

“Since the mid 1990s, the company's main source of growth has been complete takeovers of companies (over 190 between 1996 and 2021) many of which continue operating as subsidiaries”
Cool story bro, I’ll believe it when I see it.