TForce | FAQS ON UPS TEAMSTER STRIKE PAY

My former UPS Freight co-worker told me that at the meeting they said.
All the votes will be counted Sunday & by Sunday evening,everyone will be notified on which way it went.
He also told me his local union reps told them it was the best contract in the industry,& they should vote yes.

Neither am I and I made it. I guess I'm a more dedicated Teamster than you are.
Yeah, right....dedicated on the 5th floor in the Fart...oh well, I (and you) will/should just read this...let the guys with the "gumpsion"
fight this...unlike the wimps in the Arkansas based swamp

My former UPS Freight co-worker told me that at the meeting they said.
All the votes will be counted Sunday & by Sunday evening,everyone will be notified on which way it went.
He also told me his local union reps told them it was the best contract in the industry,& they should vote yes.
That's not the first time I heard "best contract ever" vote yes! These people on the negotiating committee should be in handcuff's with Hoffa the first one in line.

This is the problem, you no guys have no clue what happens when you strike.

And the TDU is full of it, they have not made a sound since ups stopped picking up freight.

Can you afford to pay $1000+ a month for medical coverage, your rent or morgage, car payments ,food and clothing for your kids? Lets not forget utilities and phones, on a strike check.

If not you had better think very hard about which way you vote. Because no one who is pushing for a no vote and a strike is gonna give you a dime, because they will be broke also.

So because you live beyond your means, everybody should suffer? Solid logic.

So because you live beyond your means, everybody should suffer? Solid logic.

The problem with the authorization to strike vote is customers have voted with their business. My guess is this will pass, unfortunately if/when the company returns to 'normal' it may be 2/3 or less than what is was prior to this entire event.

Meaning massive workforce changes.

I'm aware of a number of large shippers who transferred business over to other carriers. That business was accepted only with the understanding it was a long term shift. Not until this contract issue ended. That is a huge problem for workers.

Plus that also sets up the upcoming YRC negotiation.

No matter the drivers/dockworkers are who lost on this disaster..

Will any union bosses lost their jobs over this colossal disaster?....

The problem with the authorization to strike vote is customers have voted with their business. My guess is this will pass, unfortunately if/when the company returns to 'normal' it may be 2/3 or less than what is was prior to this entire event.

I'm aware of a number of large shippers who transferred business over to other carriers. That business was accepted only with the understanding it was a long term shift. Not until this contract issue ended. That is a huge problem for workers.

What other carriers took the freight long term? I work for fed ex freight and they told our guys not to accept extra freight that was upsf.

Had UPS given drivers a decent raise this would have passed on the first vote.