FedEx Freight | Fed Ex Laying Drivers Off Before Part Timers??

Really? I would think his company seniority date would be the very first day he started with the company regardless if it was part time or full time. That being said it'll be interesting to see how they handle say someone who's been part time for 6 years etc, maybe never wanted full time, to a guy who started part time, say 4 years ago but became full time... IMO company seniority should be just that, the day you started with the company. Regardless of how

You get a new seniority date when you go full-time only because it usually changes your job class. In think only part timers at fxf are classified as dock workers and possibly maintenance.

You get a new seniority date when you go full-time only because it usually changes your job class. In think only part timers at fxf are classified as dock workers and possibly maintenance.
No.... They did away with that . Now they include your part time date of hired For company sonority. If you became a driver ten years later. Then it's driver sonority that starts.

No.... They did away with that . Now they include your part time date of hired For company sonority. If you became a driver ten years later. Then it's driver sonority that starts.

I read up on this around August 2019. Unless they changed it after that date, I'm pretty sure this is the policy.

Part time hire date is counted towards vacation accrual and anniversary awards. It does NOT count towards company seniority in a layoff event. Full time hire date is used for layoffs.

The other known is that voluntary turns into not voluntary when nobody volunteers. Nobody is going to volunteer because there isn't an end in sight. If FedEx were able to say

"I guarantee we'll bring you back in 4 months. Sit at home, collect unemployment and we'll see you in 4 months."

This wouldn't be an issue. The top 15 guys would be going for it. Instead, they're saying "we don't know what's going to happen and there are no guarantees." Nobody with a choice is going for that. That means forced furlough starting at the bottom.
This is the way I understood it to be after those 180 days it's their call if you are called back in

If a 10 year driver is on furlough and there is bottom up layoffs can fred tell the 10 year driver, furlough over get back to work becky

Honestly, nobody knows.

From what I understand, furlough is by job class and layoffs are by company seniority. Layoffs would depend on how many people you have under you, not how long you've been with company.

Speculation on my part. If a senior driver agrees to furlough, they would be called back before layoffs and then layoffs would commence.

Honestly, nobody knows.

From what I understand, furlough is by job class and layoffs are by company seniority. Layoffs would depend on how many people you have under you, not how long you've been with company.

Speculation on my part. If a senior driver agrees to furlough, they would be called back before layoffs and then layoffs would commence.
What would happen after 2 weeks of furlough i change my mind and want to work

So your complaining about not being able to work the dock part time ? Seems most of you professional drivers wouldn't sniff dock the dock 2 mos ago without raising hell or refusing to do so. None of you drivers would work the dock for very long, just long enough to find another job, get honest

So your complaining about not being able to work the dock part time ? Seems most of you professional drivers wouldn't sniff dock the dock 2 mos ago without raising hell or refusing to do so. None of you drivers would work the dock for very long, just long enough to find another job, get honest
Ya a 320 round trip run is now the good one !

I have see drivers throw temper tantrums when being forced to work the dock during heavy times and when revolving door of part timers quit .I have even seen drivers threaten to quit over having to work the dock.Its hard enough to find decent part time workers and actually keep them.The crazy hours and working in the cold isnt for everyone.At my place they do everything they can to keep them working.When this is over the last thing we need is a shortage of dock workers and needing to rehire and retrain.We all know the new guys do a lot of damage in the beginning some never stop lol

Part time hire date is counted towards vacation accrual and anniversary awards. It does NOT count towards company seniority in a layoff event. Full time hire date is used for layoffs.
Guess we'll be finding out pretty soon. And if I'm wrong I'll admit I was wrong. But with 30 yrs . I've done it all from part time to full-time dock to driver . My company seniority is my part time hired date . My vacation and bids are by my driver seniority. Got my 30 yr pat on back already.