FedEx Freight | Fed X

Trkphil

TB Lurker
Credits
Working for YRC we have a few fed ex employees working there now. So I ask one guy is it better here or over there. I was shock what he was telling me. Number one the fed ex employees pay $750 per month one week pay check. I said your friends know you pay zero for your coverage? Then he says $1000 week is about all they make this is before taxes. So my question is this true?

Working for YRC we have a few fed ex employees working there now. So I ask one guy is it better here or over there. I was shock what he was telling me. Number one the fed ex employees pay $750 per month one week pay check. I said your friends know you pay zero for your coverage? Then he says $1000 week is about all they make this is before taxes. So my question is this true?
No, not even close!!
We have two healthcare plans, choice and premier...I have the choice plan (as most employees probably do) and for family coverage it's $15.46 per week or about $67 per month. As for the premier plan, someone else will have to respond.
As for what we make, that varies pertaining to the job preformed but I don't know of anyone making only $1000 per week gross...except for maybe the dock employees...and even they probably make more than that.

Last edited:
Since we're comparing companies, I have a question for you....I see when YRC's linehaul drivers perform meet and turns they not only swap trailers, but they also swap trucks which requires each driver to "move out" of the truck they were driving. Do these guys get compensated for performing a "tractor change" as well?

Last edited:
I'm glad you're happy where you are Thom. I was not, merely stating that sometimes the grass is greener. It's a big world out there.