FedEx Freight | FedEx Accident in CCI

Ohio State Police And Fedex Crash

I agree about the attempt but when you cant get out of your driveway and the highways are in terrible shape. What are you supposed to do? I think there is more to the attempt than making it to work and driving a truck around the block. I think with the information at our disposal with the web, interstate cameras, news, and weather radar you can make a pretty good assumption about the conditions on the roadways without driving a tractor trailer around the block.

When the county calls for a snow emergency and the Mayor of Cincinnati closes the city and tells everyone to go home early at noon. Plus its still snowing 2-3 inches an hour. I think it might be a little bad on the roads.

So the attempt thing is what the management will use to try and get people in to work. They dont want to make the call to shut down and if the driver has something happen then they say its your descretion.

I agree that you can go out and drive in those conditions 1000 times and nothing will go wrong. The one time you mess up. Its your job.
One thing! the driver was out of LIT, that's little rock AK. correct, I heard that driver did a lay down in CCI. So was the driver at the end of his trip and had the accident, or was he just starting out to get back home to LIT? Either case, I don't think much of anything was going to keep that driver off the road that night! If he started out in LIT the weather was not that bad, and if he started out in CCI, he more than likely wanted to get back home

Ohio State Police And Fedex Crash

FAMILYMAN; first question,, how long have you been driving ? is safety a paramount in your opinion ? once your driving record is blimished in this day and time it is challenging to recover. if the weather is that bad , why put yourself @ risk and damage your driving record ?:hide:
Not sure length of driving has anything to do with my opinion, however I'm 44 and have been driving all sorts of vehicles since I was 14, yeah I know illegally, ya got me, write me up.

Safety should always be of concern, but at the same time you are hired to move the freight, at what point do you say it's not safe, if a rain drop falls, when the wind blows, if they are calling for snow?

You need to make the attempt, if it is bad slow down, way down if need be, so it takes you 11 hrs to run what you normally do in 4, time to go to bed and try again in the am.

You put yourself at risk everytime you climb behind that wheel, some people are more dangerous on dry pavement than ice, just take your time and do what you feel you must, not what someone else is doing, if you don't feel safe chances are your probably not.

FM:1036316054: