FedEx Freight | FedEx and FedEx ground are merging and closing four local sites in the process.

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
More to come just watch what they do to us....

“We were informed that they have made a decision, the higher-ups, that all four stations in southwest Florida will be closing. We were like, ‘What?!'” said an anonymous employee.

Again, look at the proximity to other locations. I don't like anyone losing their job, but combining G & E locations, and you're bound to end up with some redundancy, and unnecessary locations. Why have 2 locations operating at 50% capicity when you could have one.

This isn't Fedex being a dick, it's just business.

As to Freight, any logical person could see saturation prior to the last consolidation. In Arkansas alone, there were numerous, small terminals within 15min of other terminals, or even hubs. Just relics from the original AF expansion with no logistical benefit today.
Fx ain't short on flaws, but this is basic business.

Last edited:
Again, look at the proximity to other locations. I don't like anyone losing their job, but combining G & E locations, and you're bound to end up with some redundancy, and unnecessary locations. Why have 2 locations operating at 50% capicity when you could have one.

This isn't Fedex being a dick, it's just business.

As to Freight, any logical person could see saturation prior to the last consolidation. In Arkansas alone, there were numerous, small terminals within 15min of other terminals, or even hubs. Just relics from the original AF expansion with no logistical benefit today.
Fx ain't short on flaws, but this is basic business.

Of course the FedEx boot licking apologist comes along to put lipstick on the pig. What’s with you?

Of course the FedEx boot licking apologist comes along to put lipstick on the pig. What’s with you?
Post some links of me being a Fx apologist/boot licker.
Show me ONE post where I've kissed FX's ass.
I'll wait, but I can save you the time because there aren't any. Your reaction was just a low iq response to anything other than what may support your weak-ass, bull$hit philosophy,, whatever that may be. So, post some links or fvck off, d1ckbag.

Be a dip$hit all you want, but business doesn't gaf about your lack of intelligence.

That's what's with me.

Seen a ground yesterday with the new corp FedEx name on the door. Some locations are really small, we have been told for about a year mega centers in some smaller markets for better use of resources. (Cost)

I mostly just read the post here, but worked for UPS freight for 6 years. (shop steward) I been a FedEx freight for 13 years now and most of what is in the beginning was described as where UPS wanted freight to be they just sucked at it.

Last year we had a once every other year meeting with the regional manager, it was discussed a new pilot program in 3 markets for freight to handle some of the international freight from express. This inc

Not use to posting, please have patience. This increased to 100 to 150 shipments through our main regional hub, but was cut down in middle December to only a handful a day. Fedex still in negotiations with the pilot union, and the supervisors hated the check ins and pictures for these shipments.

These shipments are priced at our highest revenue product (guaranteed am delivery) and express (or just package now) save on every shipment. We are not package, but we have I believe the best profit margin in FedEx now. The engineers that calculate fuel for the planes and the third part firm that suggested the realignment of the package flights may see our part as 1/3 of the drive programs savings. But I am just a driver with no more answers than anyone.

Post some links of me being a Fx apologist/boot licker.
Show me ONE post where I've kissed FX's ass.
I'll wait, but I can save you the time because there aren't any. Your reaction was just a low iq response to anything other than what may support your weak-ass, bull$hit philosophy,, whatever that may be. So, post some links or fvck off, d1ckbag.

Be a dip$hit all you want, but business doesn't gaf about your lack of intelligence.

That's what's with me.

Touch a nerve? You are who you are. Now, go get your shine box….boy.

Well most FedEx drivers thought the driver advisor position would be eliminated, but as we have learned on trucking boards it is a regional expansion. Some regions will be eliminated an absorbed. As for drivers John Smith when asked by my meet drivers manager (because he wants one) about a driver buy out he laughed and said we do not have enough.