FedEx Freight | FedEx and FedEx ground are merging and closing four local sites in the process.

Looks like the timeline is the start of the fiscal year in June. We at freight might be specializing in all heavy shipments, which was exactly what UPS wanted to do with UPS Freight they just sucked.

šŸ›‘ Knock it off guys !
It gets old having the union streetcorner ***** continually suck off hoffa's ghost across every single LTL board and its a time of heightened stress.

Its kinda like the mormons going door to door. Once you join that :shit:box of a union they have dumbfucks going door to door trying to recruit more and more idiots into their fold.

Last edited:
Ask any older UPS Freight driver about the home renovation show in Virginia where a hub opened an exclusive use brand new pup and loaded freight on a specialized flooring shipment. Then rapped chain around flooring and dragged it into and old Overnite Transportation trailer and hooked to an old Overnite truck for more stops on driver. The driver was embarrassed, the 3 UPS reps told the show they would pay for reorder and holding up the production. And months later ABF had to show up with a replacement.

They have run test on cost at freight running package lanes in different markets. (We have had post on these and some TB members may have run them off peak) Package in different markets have been doing the same I have loaded these in the past. Fedex have said forever one day we would balance each one as best they could. The supervisors when relaxed they will talk about introduction of express freight shipments into our volume and we do not know how this will effect our lanes.

Has anyone noticed the Watson AI system is trying to set up delivery appointments, and the same system routes the trailers in lanes for dispatch. These systems can be sourced in both package and freight systems.

Enough drivers ?
Seems like they did their best to kill or drive many of us senior
drivers off or it seemed that was my TM's and staffs goal. They
did not like the old AF or Watkins people. Just my opinions Sir.
Even after the Natl merger, very few of the tenured Natl drivers stuck around.
That, was imo about the time Freight started to nosedive in regards to the respect it gained, and pride of working there.

Edit:
Didn't see rhe warning. Sorry.
I don't take kindly to someome popping off at the mouth, then not backing it up when asked to do so in favor of doubling down on the original, false statement.

Has anyone noticed the Watson AI system is trying to set up delivery appointments, and the same system routes the trailers in lanes for dispatch. These systems can be sourced in both package and freight systems.
Per Google guys ....
Watson was a supercomputer designed and developed by IBM. This advanced computer combined artificial intelligence (AI), automation and sophisticated analytics capabilities to deliver optimal performance as a "question answering" machine.

So, no links you can reference.
Exactly what I thought. Randomly running your c0cksucker.
Post a link to me being a bootlicker, or get back on your knees.

We're waiting....
Dude let it go....

I think Smoke had some great advice for both of you...... And I do it quite often myself.... Put the guy on your ignore list and be happy.

Not taking anyone's side.

Again, look at the proximity to other locations. I don't like anyone losing their job, but combining G & E locations, and you're bound to end up with some redundancy, and unnecessary locations. Why have 2 locations operating at 50% capicity when you could have one.

This isn't Fedex being a dick, it's just business.

As to Freight, any logical person could see saturation prior to the last consolidation. In Arkansas alone, there were numerous, small terminals within 15min of other terminals, or even hubs. Just relics from the original AF expansion with no logistical benefit today.
Fx ain't short on flaws, but this is basic business.
Why did they have this way to begin with?