FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight to close and consolidate 29 locations, begin another round of furloughs

I recently gave a lot of thought to hauling fuel myself but backed off. Aside from having to work Saturdays and Sundays those guys don't get any holidays off at all. They get extra holiday pay but if Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July,Memorial day etc. fall on a work day, you're working. The main problem I have with it is the future of the automobile industry. If you're 61 like xeastend I'd say no worries but not so much if you're a younger guy. EV's seem to be here to stay and they're coming down in price. Toyota is said to be putting a lot of their research and development in hydrogen and GM says they're committed to being all electric by 2035.
The problem with ltl is that it's either too busy or too slow. Things will pick up again it just sucks not knowing when.
Most of us LTL drivers got really spoiled when it comes to having weekends and most holidays off. EV's will definitely take over car industry in the near future. Almost every car manufacturer now has at least 1 electric car available in their lineup. There are electric motorcycles available as well.