FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight to close and consolidate 29 locations, begin another round of furloughs

I'd actually appreciate the b.s. coming to an end on here as far as saying FedEx is gonna close more terminals....with no actual knowledge of such!
People spouting off and scaring folks who are already on thin ice trying to put some hours or miles together to make a paycheck don't need to hear baseless claims!
Well it does seem kinda funny that Uncle Fred & Co over the past 5 years took the pension away from new hires, made us sell our COMPANY STOCK, and closed 29 service centers (plus meets). To me that says we are downsizing and will more than likely sell while we’re actually making a profit.

You keep forgetting those rental properties... And that sweet teamster pension ole Joe shored up...
You can keep rowing or rock kicking...or what ever ...
You know what I can do that you cant...retire and not worry about it....hahaha!
Kick rocks?
Then retire and let someone under you move up a spot! You can’t retire otherwise you would! Your uncle Joe I has wrecked your 401k over the past 2 years, and you work for a sh$ty company!

Well it does seem kinda funny that Uncle Fred & Co over the past 5 years took the pension away from new hires, made us sell our COMPANY STOCK, and closed 29 service centers (plus meets). To me that says we are downsizing and will more than likely sell while we’re actually making a profit.
That your opinion...good.
Again nothing to do with centers that have closed.

Then retire and let someone under you move up a spot! You can’t retire otherwise you would! Your uncle Joe I has wrecked your 401k over the past 2 years, and you work for a sh$ty company!
I don't think I work for a sh$ty company at all..its probably why I stay...
I do like to have that option if anything would happen.
The real question... Why do guys like yourself and ole nasvegas stay here at all if ya got it so bad?

I don't think I work for a sh$ty company at all..its probably why I stay...
I do like to have that option if anything would happen.
The real question... Why do guys like yourself and ole nasvegas stay here at all if ya got it so bad?
Obviously you haven't read my posts. I'm waiting for the job I want. I'm in a good position right now, but I don't see a future here. Why would I leave for the 1st job I come across if it's the same situation as here.

Also I'm not gonna put my family in bad situation because I'm unhappy. I've had several job offers but turned down for one reason or another.

I've got about 80 people below me so I don't have to be in a rush, but thanks for your OPINION as you say..

That should tell people alot. I have about 80 people below me and I'm looking to leave!

Quit worrying about my employment with FedEx and get back on topic please. What does that have to do with centers closing. :lmao:

How is that opinion? Those are all FACTS! What are you part of the FedEx misinformation board? If it makes you uncomfortable you don't wanna hear it regardless of truth..
Obviously you haven't read my posts. I'm waiting for the job I want. I'm in a good position right now, but I don't see a future here. Why would I leave for the 1st job I come across if it's the same situation as here.

Also I'm not gonna put my family in bad situation because I'm unhappy. I've had several job offers but turned down for one reason or another.

I've got about 80 people below me so I don't have to be in a rush, but thanks for your OPINION as you say..

That should tell people alot. I have about 80 people below me and I'm looking to leave!

Quit worrying about my employment with FedEx and get back on topic please. What does that have to do with centers closing. :lmao:
Facts????
"More than likely sell"... isnt that the exact words the man used?...is that a fact?

I've read several of your post..you claim that respect is you big problem here...
I don't get how a guy collects his paperwork...gets dispatched and does his 500 plus mile run and somehow needs the pat on the back/respectable from someone in management to make his job complete..
You are correct about one thing...yes lets do get on the original topic...
I do apologize for that..

I am your almighty investor checking in on my livestock.
How's it going guys?
Tell me how great I am and lucky you are that I employ you.
I'll be waiting on the songs of praise of my greatness.
Who's first?

I've been told the stock price is not high enough therefore we need to whoop you guys into line.
I'm sure you'll be grateful.
Spare the rod. Spoil the child.
We're only about a gazillion dollars above Yellow's stock price....but that is not enough.
Work harder. Put more time in.
And it will surely pay off for me.

Last edited:
Facts????
"More than likely sell"... isnt that the exact words the man used?...is that a fact?

I've read several of your post..you claim that respect is you big problem here...
I don't get how a guy collects his paperwork...gets dispatched and does his 500 plus mile run and somehow needs the pat on the back/respectable from someone in management to make his job complete..
You are correct about one thing...yes lets do get on the original topic...
I do apologize for that..
What I was referring to as fact is employees not offered pension, sell stock, and terminal closure.

As for respect. I don't not want to be micro managed or tell me how I can do better in all these company meetings when I'm given multi year safety awards, don't get headways, and hardly EVER call out!

Don't treat me like a number! That's the respect I want. I'm a man. A man that has dedicated decades to this company, but I'm one major COO from picking up crumbs. All of us are!

I don't want some manager loving on me. I want the company to acknowledge that the men and women that have been here for years are a asset not a problem!

Who should a company appreciate more? A employee that comes to work ever day, and works safely or a driver that calls out every chance they can, tears up stuff etc?

Don't get me started on the dock! They stand around and talk and management says nothing for fear of racism or harassment accusations.

I don't want a pat on back, but in return I don't want to be constantly lectured about headway, safety, and attendance at every meeting when my fat ass doesn't do any of those issues!

Where do these guys come up with this Bullshit???
Watch over the next few months . I think the facilities that have 50 miles separation are next but the 100 mile radius is certainly a possibility.fed ex is not the fed ex of even a few years ago . The board of directors now have people appointed who may not have employees interest even a priority.

Watch over the next few months . I think the facilities that have 50 miles separation are next but the 100 mile radius is certainly a possibility.fed ex is not the fed ex of even a few years ago . The board of directors now have people appointed who may not have employees interest even a priority.
Nor the company! They are more worried about what the WEF thinks instead of their customers or employees! The ESG BS!

Don't get me started on the dock! They stand around and talk and management says nothing for fear of racism or harassment accusations.
This is why they send particular clean guys get sent for drug tests "randomly" repeatedly.
The Black Rock diversity push pressures management to avoid the statistical risk.
The diverse crowd has a higher substance abuse problem statistically. Not just racial diversity.
More than equalis rights is desired.
That doesn't mean all diverse people do it. But statistics had shown that.
And that doesn't mean that "nondiverse" people don't do it either.
They can send one guy who is always clean, no matter what his diversity, constantly to avoid the issue. No discrimination lawsuit that way.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say made, you could have kept in the brokerage or transfer it to a different one. At the end of the day the stock purchase program offer no benefits to us...no discounts or anything

They replaced the pension with something that will reap more money for the younger guys, so there’s that…