FedEx Freight | FedEx pilots vote in favor of strike in push for pay rise !

May 30 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp (FDX.N) has reached a tentative agreement with pilots of its air delivery unit who had voted in favor of a strike earlier this month seeking higher pay, the package delivery company said in a statement on Tuesday.

Ya'll don't get it.
Pilots are actually in short supply, unlike class A drivers.
The pilots actually have leverage. Drivers have absolutely none. Drivers have nothing whatsoever to threaten a company with, even if they are a union.

Do not believe the hit pieces. There is no driver shortage.
Your right we should just be happy FedEx lets us work here. Not that Freight drivers would unify like pilots, but if they did FedEx couldn't fire everyone....

It's a waste of conversation, because to many back stabbers and company kool-aid drinkers.

So get what you get, and wonder what might have been.

Can a Canadian or Mexican licensed trucker drive for a US company?

Most Canadian trucks that I see on the road are driven better than any of the US ones with cardboard signs.

Your right we should just be happy FedEx lets us work here. Not that Freight drivers would unify like pilots, but if they did FedEx couldn't fire everyone....

It's a waste of conversation, because to many back stabbers and company kool-aid drinkers.

So get what you get, and wonder what might have been.

That's not what I'm saying at all, but you know that.

You also have to accept reality. It has very little, if anything to do with the drivers being "back stabbers and KA drinkers". You need to look at it through unbiased lenses. The truth is, Class A drivers are a dime a dozen. Like in any rhelm of economics, the less there is of something, the higher it's cost. The more abundant, less.
Once again, the drivers have NO, absolutely NO leverage, or threats to make towards the company, and Fx knows that. Class A drivers simply do not demand the pay and benefits of a pilot.

The class A job is not hard to get, doesn't take a ton of training, nor is an especially high iq needed for the daily duties. None of those criteria add up to a high salary, with fantastic benefits.
I'm sorry. That's just the truth of this occupation currently,and there is no indication of it changing. You simply picked the wrong profession to be in a position to bargain.
Drivers saying they'll strike is as threatening to Fx as a group of fast food workers threatening to strike ,unless they get $20hr. What they do isn't exclusive, and the service they provide is equally offered by dozens of other operations.

You're just in the wrong line of work for your mindset, bro.

And yes, you have 2 options.

A. Keep driving, and getting mediocre pay/benefits. Accepting it will never change.

B. Quit, and do something else.

There is no 3rd option.
Also you have to accept that working at Fx as you know it has a short shelf life. Raj publicly stated that hks intentions are for Fx to be a contract model. Do not take that lightly. He didn't misspeak, or make a mistake. That's where it's going.

Ya'll don't get it.
Pilots are actually in short supply, unlike class A drivers.
The pilots actually have leverage. Drivers have absolutely none. Drivers have nothing whatsoever to threaten a company with, even if they are a union.

Do not believe the hit pieces. There is no driver shortage.
The non union companies are waiting for the union companies to strike. They want to make a deal with their customers and take their business. Trucking is cut throat and we are all replaceable with cheaper labor or AI in the future. Its all about that bottom dollar and we are all useful to them until we are not anymore.

The non union companies are waiting for the union companies to strike. They want to make a deal with their customers and take their business. Trucking is cut throat and we are all replaceable with cheaper labor or AI in the future. Its all about that bottom dollar and we are all useful to them until we are not anymore.
Copy on the "useful idiots ".

That's not what I'm saying at all, but you know that.

You also have to accept reality. It has very little, if anything to do with the drivers being "back stabbers and KA drinkers". You need to look at it through unbiased lenses. The truth is, Class A drivers are a dime a dozen. Like in any rhelm of economics, the less there is of something, the higher it's cost. The more abundant, less.
Once again, the drivers have NO, absolutely NO leverage, or threats to make towards the company, and Fx knows that. Class A drivers simply do not demand the pay and benefits of a pilot.

The class A job is not hard to get, doesn't take a ton of training, nor is an especially high iq needed for the daily duties. None of those criteria add up to a high salary, with fantastic benefits.
I'm sorry. That's just the truth of this occupation currently,and there is no indication of it changing. You simply picked the wrong profession to be in a position to bargain.
Drivers saying they'll strike is as threatening to Fx as a group of fast food workers threatening to strike ,unless they get $20hr. What they do isn't exclusive, and the service they provide is equally offered by dozens of other operations.

You're just in the wrong line of work for your mindset, bro.

And yes, you have 2 options.

A. Keep driving, and getting mediocre pay/benefits. Accepting it will never change.

B. Quit, and do something else.

There is no 3rd option
Granted, Pilots vs Drivers - 2 different animals. That doesn't mean Drivers have zero bargaining power.

FedEx is NOT interested in the dime a dozen drivers.
FedEx wants, relatively safe, drug free, HAZMAT qualified, etc etc.

Also, why must every anti union post go straight to a strike.

There is lots that can be done to get their attention AND results. Think. Out side the box/talking points.

Last edited:
FedEx is NOT interested in the dime a dozen drivers.
FedEx wants, relatively safe, drug free, HAZMAT qualified, etc etc.

Also, why must every anti union post go straight to a strike.

There is lots that can be done to get their attention AND results. Think. Out side the box/talking points.
I would argue that they may WANT or at least, say they want safe, drug free, ect drivers, but the compensation says otherwise.

Why would someone who is safe, drug free, experienced, reliable, HazMat Q, ect work for roughly $30hr? Let alone the starting wage which is significantly less. Also, I see what Fx has been forced to hire in the last 18mo,amd it is NOT the cream of the crop. Express is badly understaffed on Class A guys, and their pay is on par with Freight.

The quality of driver they hire currently wouldn't get half way through an interview a decade ago before getting a line drawn through his name.

It's a hard truth, but being a professional truck driver is not a fesable, lucrative, or reliable path a young man today. There is no value placed on the driver by any company. Consumable, disposable and eaisly replaced.

Why would someone who is safe, drug free, experienced, reliable, HazMat Q, ect work for roughly $30hr? Let alone the starting wage which is significantly less. Also, I see what Fx has been forced to hire in the last 18mo,amd it is NOT the cream of the crop. Express is badly understaffed on Class A guys, and their pay is on par with Freight.

The quality of driver they hire currently wouldn't get half way through an interview a decade ago before getting a line drawn through his name.

It's a hard truth, but being a professional truck driver is not a fesable, lucrative, or reliable path a young man today. There is no value placed on the driver by any company. Consumable, disposable and eaisly replaced.

FedEx pays what they pay because it's on par with every other LTL company. They all pay the same thing, with different perks.

Express pays significantly less and there progression is messed up. There are guys that have been there for 10 years that still aren't at top rate. They're currently hiring CDL drivers in my area and advertising a pay rate of 22.30 an hour.

I agree that being a truck driver isn't a lucrative path, but like anything else it's a means to an end. Make the best you can with what you've got.

From what I've seen, OTR drivers and getting older and local drivers are getting younger. It's an interesting phenomenon.