ODFL | fired for hookin off duty

What is bad that there are Drivers that do the same thing as the Driver fired.
How many see a Driver starting a truck heading to dispatch, getting hook papers, fueling, then looking for trailers (not always in that order). Going to get Dolly, putting Dolly in front of rear trailer, going and getting lead and then hooking set (still off duty). This is typical of LH. Now how about P&D. They punch in, go out to tractor, maybe wash their windows, put their lunch/cooler in truck go back inside onto dock to maybe check their load (or BS with the other Drivers/Dockmen) get bills, go back to truck, head to trailer hook and pull away from dock.
What is wrong here????? Neither of them put themselves on duty, never even did a inspection, never checked the seals or if the door was still open......etc.
A good rule to follow is if you are not on-duty, you do not belong in the yard/dock. Going into the office is a different story.

How many see a Driver starting a truck heading to dispatch, getting hook papers, fueling, then looking for trailers (not always in that order). Going to get Dolly, putting Dolly in front of rear trailer, going and getting lead and then hooking set (still off duty). This is typical of LH. Now how about P&D. They punch in, go out to tractor, maybe wash their windows, put their lunch/cooler in truck go back inside onto dock to maybe check their load (or BS with the other Drivers/Dockmen) get bills, go back to truck, head to trailer hook and pull away from dock.
What is wrong here????? Neither of them put themselves on duty, never even did a inspection, never checked the seals or if the door was still open......etc.
A good rule to follow is if you are not on-duty, you do not belong in the yard/dock. Going into the office is a different story.
P&D is connected to timeclock .Been like this for a while.Also handheld show our lunch now.Clock put us on duty when we punch in now and off duty when we punch out.

You do know the story was a farce right?

Correct me if I'm wrong < FNG here... But I was under the impression that as a P&D driver once you have punched in on the KRONOS, that the time posted by means of your punch-in is synched with the BLU once you have actually gotten out to your tractor and signed in... If that is NOT the case, I would sure like to know about it.... Feedback ??

Correct me if I'm wrong < FNG here... But I was under the impression that as a P&D driver once you have punched in on the KRONOS, that the time posted by means of your punch-in is synched with the BLU once you have actually gotten out to your tractor and signed in... If that is NOT the case, I would sure like to know about it.... Feedback ??

You are correct, the BLU is synched with Kronos...

You are correct.Some are not familiar with the system today.Has I have said before we are making a big deal out of nothing.We are suppose to do what OD requires us to do.Nothing wrong per OD to load your Tractor off duty and go to dispatch.You log in when you have received your bills,assignment and get back into Tractor.Then you log in.Just don't get caught running around on yard without logging in.Fueling tractors,etc .We all know what to do.Most of us do not need a baby sitter

Reactions: Ump
You are correct.Some are not familiar with the system today.Has I have said before we are making a big deal out of nothing.We are suppose to do what OD requires us to do.Nothing wrong per OD to load your Tractor off duty and go to dispatch.You log in when you have received your bills,assignment and get back into Tractor.Then you log in.Just don't get caught running around on yard without logging in.Fueling tractors,etc .We all know what to do.Most of us do not need a baby sitter

But clock in when they tell you to be there, bills or no bills. Don't give them ::shit:: for free.

I'm pretty must of us have. My problem is grown ass men not taking responsibility for their own actions. This company told you to stop doing it. You either didn't get the memo or you choose to ignore it. My point is they did exactly what they said they where going to do and now because you hit fired we need a union.
The truth of the matter is the more drivers OD gets rid of that brake federal laws the less we'll need the union. Sorry you lost your job and got hurt, but even if you didn't get hurt your days where numbered. Simply because you won't follow guidelines.
ya got'em tapping out ump...

just once?? lmao !!! company will let u go on and on... they are generous and long suffering... a little too kind..

I agree, but up until 2-3 years ago they're pretty quick to show anyone the door these days. When you hire mostly CDL grads, your labor pool is endless.

I agree, but up until 2-3 years ago they're pretty quick to show anyone the door these days. When you hire mostly CDL grads, your labor pool is endless.
Maybe that is one way to train a NEW work force with the proper attitude,perspective and skills to carry us forward.. The older drivers here have a real appreciation for their job,let's not forget passion.. Sometimes people don't understand, and confuse it with a bad attitude. Good Managers and other Drivers see thru that.. Those are the people who are pitbulls for OD and our customers..
SALUTE !!!