XPO | First casualty today

nobodyinparticular

TB Lurker
Credits
We had our first casualty of the GPS tracking today. He was tracked driving to Fredrickstown, Ohio from XCO. He was tracked on the way back. Its 54 miles from the terminal. Got popped for taking 23 minutes longer to get back. He was terminated today.

We had our first casualty of the GPS tracking today. He was tracked driving to Fredrickstown, Ohio from XCO. He was tracked on the way back. Its 54 miles from the terminal. Got popped for taking 23 minutes longer to get back. He was terminated today.

There has too be more to it than that. Post the whole story from both sides.

If you really think that was all there was to the incident, with nothing more in his file --- then I have some ocean front property to sell you in Iowa. It'll be a great deal!

He had been complaining about his p&d run lately. I know its hard to believe that a dispatcher would pick on anyone on purpose. This driver won't be the last. The dispatcher has others on his radar. The dispatcher in question has been suspended before for the way he treats drivers. The driver was terminated for stealing time.

He had been complaining about his p&d run lately. I know its hard to believe that a dispatcher would pick on anyone on purpose. This driver won't be the last. The dispatcher has others on his radar. The dispatcher in question has been suspended before for the way he treats drivers. The driver was terminated for stealing time.

If he was then the supervisor didn't terminate him. It has to be approved by everyone from SCM, DOO and VP of Ops. So unless they had hard facts to back up the stealing time he would have kept his job. There's more to it than we will ever know. I doubt he would tell anyone he was actually stealing time.

If he was then the supervisor didn't terminate him. It has to be approved by everyone from SCM, DOO and VP of Ops. So unless they had hard facts to back up the stealing time he would have kept his job. There's more to it than we will ever know. I doubt he would tell anyone he was actually stealing time.

I didn't say anything about the supervisor terminating him. Don't twist my words. It was absolutely approved by the SCM. The supervisor tracked him and turned him in. All the hard facts they needed were right in the handheld. He took 23 minutes longer to get back than to get there. Whats so hard to figure out. We're an "At Will" state. You don't need anything in your file. Page 98 of the policy manual states what Conways policy is. And I quote "The term of any employment is necessarily indefinite and at will. Employees are free to leave at any time, for any reason or cause, with or without notice, just as CWF is free to terminate an employee's employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause, and with or without notice."

I didn't say anything about the supervisor terminating him. Don't twist my words. It was absolutely approved by the SCM. The supervisor tracked him and turned him in. All the hard facts they needed were right in the handheld. He took 23 minutes longer to get back than to get there. Whats so hard to figure out. We're an "At Will" state. You don't need anything in your file. Page 98 of the policy manual states what Conways policy is. And I quote "The term of any employment is necessarily indefinite and at will. Employees are free to leave at any time, for any reason or cause, with or without notice, just as CWF is free to terminate an employee's employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause, and with or without notice."

Theres more to it than just 23 minutes. I'm sure he will never tell.

There is NO driver in this company that at sometime on p&d hasn't stopped to buy a pop, snacks, a pack of cigarettes or go to the bathroom. Easily 15 to 20 minutes. I know when you guys put on that white shirt that it somehow makes you good and just and above anything like singling out drivers because they won't take your attitude. This supervisor throws things around the office, slams the phone down and snaps at drivers when they are trying to ask questions just because he can't handle the pressure. But that's ok. He has a nice haircut, a tidy uniform and says "Yes, sir!" whenever the terminal manager is around. So, its all good.

There is NO driver in this company that at sometime on p&d hasn't stopped to buy a pop, snacks, a pack of cigarettes or go to the bathroom. Easily 15 to 20 minutes. I know when you guys put on that white shirt that it somehow makes you good and just and above anything like singling out drivers because they won't take your attitude. This supervisor throws things around the office, slams the phone down and snaps at drivers when they are trying to ask questions just because he can't handle the pressure. But that's ok. He has a nice haircut, a tidy uniform and says "Yes, sir!" whenever the terminal manager is around. So, its all good.

You didn't answer my question. I can almost guarantee it was way more than 1 instance of stealing time. I've caught 1 person stealing time before and it took a few weeks to get enough proof to terminate. He eventually admitted to stealing time for years.

From an outsider looking in (Stock holder) I would guess that they have been watching him for awhile now.
Sad to see anybody loose their job!

He and the supervisor most definitely had not been getting along. The supervisor has been making comments about how long it is taking to make deliveries. Nothing explicit, just asking why its taking so long. He came back the other night and was taken into the terminal managers office and told about the infraction. He was suspended. He had his conference today and was terminated. He is the first person to be terminated using the handheld. He had not been disciplined for stealing time before this. All it took was one time and he was done. They did tell him he could appeal it to the termination board.

There has too be more to it than that. Post the whole story from both sides.
your talking about the one-sided story guy here.. he's just as bad as the teamster promoters, with their one-sided stories... there is more to it than that. I assure you..

What was your friends reasoning for the 23 minute discrepancy that you claim was the 'one timer'?

I have been questioned the odd time about things that have taken longer than normal, but always had an explanation that was never questioned.

Its not only city drivers that get questioned about time...we have had LH drivers called in, in our terminal for getting home late..and they dont even monitor us on the hand helds..anytime you raise an eyebrow to management they are gonna watch you as most here know..Im sorry but if he knew he was under the radar why would he push the situation???

you mean he didn't smile and say thank you? he must have had a negative attitude,wasn't a team player NOT VVT MATERIAL. HOPFULLY HE'LLGOTO WORK FOR COMPANY THAT CARE FOR THE PEOPLE. JUST ASK BEERFD OR MERDOCK. THEY WILL TELL YOU THE PROPER POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

What was your friends reasoning for the 23 minute discrepancy that you claim was the 'one timer'?

I have been questioned the odd time about things that have taken longer than normal, but always had an explanation that was never questioned.

He wasn't keeping track how long it took. Either way. He told them it didn't happen. They said they had it in the hand held. Traffic had been screwed up on the north end of Columbus from the beginning of the week through midweek. They had the outer belt up there shut down for 3 days after a tanker wrecked and spilled 3000 gallons of fuel. Traffic was a mess for 3 days. He had to go near there to go Fredrickstown. (Google it before you call me a liar, beerfd) Whether that had anything to do with it , I don't know.