XPO | First casualty today

We had our first casualty of the GPS tracking today. He was tracked driving to Fredrickstown, Ohio from XCO. He was tracked on the way back. Its 54 miles from the terminal. Got popped for taking 23 minutes longer to get back. He was terminated today.

So my question to those who have read this post is as follows. Would you rather put trust in the current system that determines whether your termination was warranted, ie. (review board) or a grievance committee panel with professional Teamster reps. and Conway labor reps. who investigate all the facts? White shirt and his pals need not answer, we know what your response will be. TE out....

If he was then the supervisor didn't terminate him. It has to be approved by everyone from SCM, DOO and VP of Ops. So unless they had hard facts to back up the stealing time he would have kept his job. There's more to it than we will ever know. I doubt he would tell anyone he was actually stealing time.
"There's more to it than we will ever know" I like this. Typical response from someone who would never admit that management targets certain individuals. Maybe this driver was a recalcitrant. Maybe he was just doing what the pets get away with on a daily basis. You are right though, we will never know the entire story, under your current system in regards to termination. But I promise you that if you are a rebel, who speaks his mind, that is not enough to get you terminated under Teamster representation. TE out.....

you say facts but rebuttal with "I don't know". Sites like this are 99.9% subjective, opinions and emotions. It's more of an emotional opinion of an occurrence at your service center than fact. You stated your point and it was challenged with their counter-point.

The hand-held in conjunction with the computer software produces the accountability that is being questioned here. Not just the driver's but also the local management. He will have his day in court if he requests it... the ETRB. At that time if it is the data that they say documents his demise then if things are as you say then the same data will support his claims. And if the driver understands the difference between subjective information and objective information, than he can prepare himself for the ETRB. And step one of that preparation is to leave the emotions outside in the hallway. Step two, don't wait for an invitation, he needs to call HR and talk directly to them for information on how this will progress.

and just for the record, I'm not taking sides in this. I just wanted to be clear on this before the residence of never-never-slimmyland finish Saturday morning cartoons and turn on their computer.

I skipped the cartoons for this one. TE out....

"There's more to it than we will ever know" I like this. Typical response from someone who would never admit that management targets certain individuals. Maybe this driver was a recalcitrant. Maybe he was just doing what the pets get away with on a daily basis. You are right though, we will never know the entire story, under your current system in regards to termination. But I promise you that if you are a rebel, who speaks his mind, that is not enough to get you terminated under Teamster representation. TE out.....

Yes it is typical because guilty people rarely tell the truth. The guilty party may be the FOS or the driver, who knows. I have never targeted an individual that didn't deserve to be targeted. Do your job and you are left alone. It's as simple as that.

Yes it is typical because guilty people rarely tell the truth. The guilty party may be the FOS or the driver, who knows. I have never targeted an individual that didn't deserve to be targeted. Do your job and you are left alone. It's as simple as that.

That's NOT true , no matter what side you're on.

sounds like its time for some NLRB charges! was this guy vocally pro union? if he was, and is all of a sudden getting canned, than he is basically being targeted because the company wants to scare drivers away from the union.

this is pompous, what designates who "deserves" to be targeted? "do your job and you are left alone." not the way it goes, anywhere, for anything.

So my question to those who have read this post is as follows. Would you rather put trust in the current system that determines whether your termination was warranted, ie. (review board) or a grievance committee panel with professional Teamster reps. and Conway labor reps. who investigate all the facts? White shirt and his pals need not answer, we know what your response will be. TE out....

Yeah, TE, and we also know what the response from the other side will be..

Let me translate for you; rebel whom speaks his mind= a complainer who thinks he can get away with talking down to other people.

this is pompous, what designates who "deserves" to be targeted? "do your job and you are left alone." not the way it goes, anywhere, for anything.

I don't want to work with some half-wit who gets paid the same as me, and does half the work. Nope, don't need any contract here to protect the lazy, half-witted. Everybody should come to work and be proud of doing a good job. You should teach your children this, and not that you need "protection". What a joke. Thank You.

I don't want to work with some half-wit who gets paid the same as me, and does half the work. Nope, don't need any contract here to protect the lazy, half-witted. Everybody should come to work and be proud of doing a good job. You should teach your children this, and not that you need "protection". What a joke. Thank You.

Wow Ok lets be real here for a Second We currently have LAzy People Still Working here 20 Plus years Whom Still have thier Jobs without a Union what makes you so Sure a Union would Protect them anymore than they Already Are without one Im Mean Shat if You Kiss Enough A$$ You can do whatever you like at Con~way Now !!!!!! WE ALL Know People whom slide under the Radar Everyday and We all know why they Do !! !@!@@#!@#

Maybe he got caught in a lie. It's like lying to a cop. Tell him the truth and he may let you slide. Lie to him and it's a ticket or worst for sure.

Wow Ok lets be real here for a Second We currently have LAzy People Still Working here 20 Plus years Whom Still have thier Jobs without a Union what makes you so Sure a Union would Protect them anymore than they Already Are without one Im Mean Shat if You Kiss Enough A$$ You can do whatever you like at Con~way Now !!!!!! WE ALL Know People whom slide under the Radar Everyday and We all know why they Do !! !@!@@#!@#

Well, maybe you should start kissing a$$...

Those people whom slide under the radar are good team players.. and good workers who get it done. Maybe you should try to "get it done"

May I ask what state you are operating out of? White shirt does have a point. There probably was more to the story than your or him would like to admit. You are emotionally involved, so take a step back and be honest with yourself. Look at it like a movie and you are the viewer. Would you judge it the same way if it wasn't your friend?
That being said, I have the utmost respect for you guys. Yes, I am a former white shirt, and left conway because of the way the drivers were treated. Within 3 weeks, 2 office people were fired and 1 quit. I was the most seniored supervisor within 3 weeks other than one person???? If I ever hear the word Conway cares, I will slap the person saying it. My training consisted of a week of videos, one day of following someone, then I was tossed a radio. Hell yeah I am going to screw up. People learn from mistakes. I will fix those mistakes. Instead of using your power to beat me down, teach me how to do it better or the correct way. It was never that way at our terminal. The new terminal manager brought all of his people in from his old terminal, and all the FOM's were hired because their relatives worked in the company and handed them a job.
Apparently the bigger the ass you are, the more respect you somehow deserve??? Whatever happened to teamwork? I tried to turn my drivers around as fast as possible. WE and I stress WE worked together. WE were also the first ones done every night. But when WE had fun and still got it done, my FOM had an issue with it. Don't argue with results.
It is funny because every conway driver comes in to my new job and recognizes me, and then vents. Are some of them the best employees in the world...no. Are some great....yes. One driver told me he has never seen me smile so much in my life. You can work hard and have fun too. I don't know if it was karma or what, but as soon I started my new job, we dropped conway. It had nothing to do with me, but I smiled inside. That is honesty.
I do like how you speak up, and you should. Keeping it inside will cause a heart attack. Most people won't speak to the positive, but keep up the good work. I know it might sound cheesy, but no one cares what you think. Ha. Bad joke. In all seriousness, I will say this. The drivers I have met through conway and my other company have always been loyal, honest, and hard working. I was raised to believe those were good things! I will agree half of the white shirts you will meet don't give a flying f*ck about you, but some do. Just know that. You will always end up being the most overworked and underappreciated aspect in the company. I am rambling now, but I will leave you and white shirt with this Teddy Roosevelt quote, "People above you open doors, people below you push you through."

I know one thing. I have had enough of your name calling. I'd LOVE to meet you in person some day. I'll show you personally how lazy I am.

Exactly, focus on the bottom 20% and who cares how many years they have in. Voice your concern in a professional way or it will have a snowball effect. I used to cover for a guy who got help and was paid over 3 times what I was paid. Put that in your mind, but focus on the positive. Take pride in your work, your family etc. Focus on the positive and take pride. Don't ignore issues, but be a leader and take a professional high road. Keep pushing. Nice job.

Deep breath. Take pride and then make them wonder why you left. Just focus on what makes you happy. Yes, you should be happy to go to work, but don't fake it. Take pride, nice job.