FedEx Freight | First Look - Kenworth T680

roogie

TB Veteran
Credits
Not my pictures, they were sent to me. I hope to make it down to Harrison soon to take pics of it myself.

Not sure of any specifics other than it appears to be an automatic.

roog

Yeah, I know the feeling. Chi-town was talking about how ratty Saia's stuff was in his area. I wish our stuff out here was half as good as theirs. We just spent $17k to inflame a 2001 tractor with damn near a million miles on it. Go figure.

I hear those new automatics have all the motel addresses pre-programmed into the GPS for when the weather conditions "deteriorate"

Kw's answer to the "Fuel Gap"?? One of the Socal drivers had a KW engineer ride with him for a couple of hours about 3 months ago. Had the chance to ask the engineer some pointed questions about KW's failures as a tractor. First question: "why is it impossible to get the temperature comfortable? I'm either too hot or too cold. There's no happy medium." Then I moved on to the fuel issue and he suddenly needed to go to the bathroom. I don't think he liked me. Oh well, I can live with that.

ST

Here are some better pics (click one to enlarge), I got to visit with the mechanic while he was washing R13160 in preparation for the Top Wrench competition for maintenance employees.

It is MUCH bigger on the inside, lots more leg room and it is a pretty wide cab, visibility and spaciousness is much like a Volvo.

It is Cummins ISX powered backed by an Eaton UltraShift Plus automatic transmission. He told me they ordered more of these with this one being the first off the line. The 5th wheel setup looks exactly like the rest of the T660 fleet with air release and sliding 5th wheel.

As a bonus I did get to take it for a short spin around the shop. :D

Roogie
Thanks for these pics and all the other pics in past threads. You do a great job keeping us informed on new equipment. You should definitely be the official photog of TB.

A Phorgographer in the making .....

:wavey: Roogie, Cool shot :1036316054: of R1 and the Volvo. As a 2nd job you could be a photo guy.:6788:

Nope, it's nearly as big as a Volvo inside Guardrail, even a petite fellow like you would be comfy inside. :D

roog

Good, they finally made the bigger cab. I hope they have better luck with the QC issues KW has had.

They must have figured out all truck drivers aren't as slim and good looking as I am.

Guardrail

Here are some better pics (click one to enlarge), I got to visit with the mechanic while he was washing R13160 in preparation for the Top Wrench competition for maintenance employees.

It is MUCH bigger on the inside, lots more leg room and it is a pretty wide cab, visibility and spaciousness is much like a Volvo.

It is Cummins ISX powered backed by an Eaton UltraShift Plus automatic transmission. He told me they ordered more of these with this one being the first off the line. The 5th wheel setup looks exactly like the rest of the T660 fleet with air release and sliding 5th wheel.

As a bonus I did get to take it for a short spin around the shop. :D

I will say nice but that automatic out here in the mountian states no thank you

I for the life of me will never figure out why any company would purchase an auto-shift, they are the worst thing any road driver could have. For P&D there could be a reason, but for the road ? I can't stand them.