Yellow | First UPS, Now Kroger

I have friends who think they are going to be provided free health insurance under Obama Care. Affordable maybe, but free, no.

UnAffordable. ..........

If you have no money for health insurance now, how can you have money for health insurance under Obama Care? Plus under Obama Care you are going to be required to have health insurance or pay a fine.

The way I understand it is that if the wife or husband has insurance from his or her employer then UPS and Kroger wants to drop them from their employee plan for all nonunion employees ,but if their wife or husband has no insurance or does not work then it will stay the same . It will not have any effect on the union employees . What wrong with that ?

I guess this started the similar wave like when YRC wanted concessions in wages everyone then wanted wage concessions and the such? Monkey C Monkey do!

If you have no money for health insurance now, how can you have money for health insurance under Obama Care? Plus under Obama Care you are going to be required to have health insurance or pay a fine.

Doesn't change the fact premiums are going up. That's why I say unaffordable.

And its not a fine, its a tax.

Ahhhh....... The Affordable Health Care Act......... No One can afford it, it isn't healthy, and most of all, NO ONE CARES.

It will help some to get health care for others it will cost a little more. I guess we can either be like those people making millions who thinks they should pay the same tax rate as 9-5 guys and dolls -or- we could support helping theless fortuante improve their quality of life. The Economic Downturn surely has exposed the * My Situation Is All I Care About People * which is one of many issues within our own union. At some point in life We Must Help Someone Without any personal gain attached in return............It's just the way it is otherwise we shall regress as a Nation.

It will help some to get health care for others it will cost a little more. I guess we can either be like those people making millions who thinks they should pay the same tax rate as 9-5 guys and dolls -or- we could support helping theless fortuante improve their quality of life. The Economic Downturn surely has exposed the * My Situation Is All I Care About People * which is one of many issues within our own union. At some point in life We Must Help Someone Without any personal gain attached in return............It's just the way it is otherwise we shall regress as a Nation.

FOR ME, just speaking about me, and my thoughts, I'd rather choose to make my own decisions for charity, as donating time and money thru churches or other worthy causes than have politicians or others with a cause take my  money, while telling me its for my own good.  don't force me to pay, through a tax, and then tell me I'm obligated because I have 3 squares a day, and a home and job.  make too much for foodstamps, or mortgage adjustments, but those without jobs still buy whatever they want?  Don't think so. I'd rather give $5 to the jobless guy on the corner, than have the guvment take it and spend it on overhead and salaries, and preach to me how they care.

So what happened to if you like your healthcare plan now you can keep it???? What happened to your premiums will be going down 2,500 a year???? My brother-in-law was paying 5800 a year to insurance 3 kids, and my sister. It's now going to be on the bronze plan of Obamacare...that is the bottom plan, an no, you can't pick your plan, or stay on your old plan. The bronze plan is 20k a year with a 4k deductible!!!!!

(At some point in life We Must Help Someone Without any personal gain attached in return..........)

Is that what you call CHARITY????? I want no part of it then!!!

Ok well its like this Union .....even though U don't agree with all of its choices U remain a part of it. Why because in a democracy majority rules. U accept it or get out because the Majority has spoken. Same thing applies in government. Sometimes a structured operation will benefit U and sometimes it won't. Just remember that U ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE...... U are free to leave @ anytime or U can accept the rules which govern U.

I guess its hard to consider those who struggle when U are struggling yourself. Even though things are bad as ever over the last 25 years or more maybe ever been for unionized trucking. Sacrifices were made for me to even have a union job and I realize that not all of those sacrifices were made by choice nor were they 100% accepted by all whom it may have affected. In saying that I support my fellow Americans having an opportunity to have health care and I am willing to sacrifice in order for that to happen. I thank those who came before me and afforded me this opportunity. Its the very least I can do.
This is how I feel...!...and I respect how anyone feels who does not agree......because we all have choices!
Respectfully ! .............J-Dawg50

I guess its hard to consider those who struggle when U are struggling yourself. Even though things are bad as ever over the last 25 years or more maybe ever been for unionized trucking. Sacrifices were made for me to even have a union job and I realize that not all of those sacrifices were made by choice nor were they 100% accepted by all whom it may have affected. In saying that I support my fellow Americans having an opportunity to have health care and I am willing to sacrifice in order for that to happen. I thank those who came before me and afforded me this opportunity. Its the very least I can do.
This is how I feel...!...and I respect how anyone feels who does not agree......because we all have choices!
Respectfully ! .............J-Dawg50

Dude,,, When you take someone elses healthcare (CHOICE) policy away, so someone else can get insurance; that's not charity; that's THEFT!!!, and or, TYRANNY!!!

(U are free to leave @ anytime or U can accept the rules which govern U.)
:smiliewhs:
WTH is that ??????

If this law is so great why then is Congress except from it??? Why don't they have to as you just said..... (accept the rules which govern U). Why Doesn't Congress have to live under this law???

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it pay the fine and have a triple bypass on Obama ...
CAB, that is just exactly, what is going to happen, the fine is really nothing. You do not buy now, and you will not buy it then, What a great system, pass a law and see who follows it. Just to day I read in the paper, average cost of act, is age 20 = $209 per month, 40 = 450, 60 = 673. Most young people do not buy it now, it will not be too different for middle group, but 60's, wow, what a difference. Who ever said it will be free or cheap was not listening.

on the subject of this post .I have been in the central PA health plan for 20 + and its always been if your spouse works and has insurance that their is their primary and cpa would pick up what is not payed by theirs . I don't see much difference in what ups and krogers want now .

on the subject of this post .I have been in the central PA health plan for 20 + and its always been if your spouse works and has insurance that their is their primary and cpa would pick up what is not payed by theirs . I don't see much difference in what ups and krogers want now .

Oh great! Now all our insurance is going to suck like yours.