Yellow | First UPS, Now Kroger

I don't know Stoney, I just can't wrap my brain around "if you can't afford treatment then you're going to die".

I don't know Stoney, I just can't wrap my brain around "if you can't afford treatment then you're going to die".

It is natural attrition.

Seems like a proper solution, hypothetically speaking, playing "devil's" advocate.

More competition has always drive down prices, and quality up!

Boy oh boy:smiliewhs: Where have you been since the trucking industry was "deregulated"?? Have prices declined?? The only thing that has declined in the trucking business are the wages and caliber of drivers. Oh, we certainly have more competition and look what the competition has brought us.:horse****:

It is natural attrition.

Seems like a proper solution, hypothetically speaking, playing "devil's" advocate.

Ok, if you were playing devils advocate. Then answer my questions. Show me the part of the Constitution that gives the Federal government the power I speak of. Stop dodging the question.

Boy oh boy:smiliewhs: Where have you been since the trucking industry was "deregulated"?? Have prices declined?? The only thing that has declined in the trucking business are the wages and caliber of drivers. Oh, we certainly have more competition and look what the competition has brought us.:horse****:

Why is trucking industry the only example you can come up with? Notice the price of computers? Desktops are faster, more memory and faster, with better screen resolutions. And cheaper than an Apple II in the 80's when adjusted for inflation. Same with cell phones. Plans are cheaper, service s better, quality is better, and long distance charges? whats a long distance charge? And with trucking deregulation, yes its cheaper to transport by truck now than per-deregulation. Just because drivers wages are not once they use to be, doesn't mean much, the consumer gets the savings too.

Speaking of deregulation, what should the government set freight rates? The on;y people hurt after deregulation was the Teamsters. Boo Hoo! It was an artificial industry back than. Too man were being babied by the government. After deregulation we found who the real big boys were. Who really could run a trucking business, Like Roadway Express and ABF.

Big 2

"After deregulation we found who the real big boys were. Who really could run a trucking business, Like Roadway Express and ABF"

Stoney you forgot Yellow?:duh: :hysterical:

After deregulation we found who the real big boys were. Who really could run a trucking business, Like Roadway Express and ABF.

I don't think that I would use Roadway or YRC as an example, other than to point out &iss poor management. And what does the speed of computers have to do with what we are talking about???????

Just because drivers wages are not once they use to be, doesn't mean much, the consumer gets the savings too.
Oh, is that the reason groceries cost me almost three times as much today as they did before deregulation of trucking? I recall when I could buy watermelons for a dollar, now they are 4 and 5 dollars. The only thing the consumer gets is the "shaft"!!

<snip>.
Oh, is that the reason groceries cost me almost three times as much today as they did before deregulation of trucking? I recall when I could buy watermelons for a dollar, now they are 4 and 5 dollars. The only thing the consumer gets is the "shaft"!!

If you're a good union man then the name Cesar Chavez should partially explain why watermelons cost more today. And why you shouldn't complain (if you're a good union man that is).

And why you shouldn't complain (if you're a good union man that is).

Happy that you recognize that fact. I guess you are one of those that blame unions for high prices. I wonder why non-union products are just as high as those made by union workers? I go to Kroger and then I go to Food Lion, you know what, Food Lion being non-union is just as high as Kroger, which is union. Why is it that automobiles made by non-union workers carry prices comparable made by union workers?? Since you mentioned Cesar Chavez, do you believe that the workers in the fields should be paid a "living wage"?

I don't think that I would use Roadway or YRC as an example, other than to point out &iss poor management. And what does the speed of computers have to do with what we are talking about???????

Of course Roadway is good example. Before the YRC deal, Roadway had a great 25 years. Even better when they spun off from Roadway Enterprises and became Roadway Express.
The YRC fiasco had nothing to do with deregulation.

The speed of computers? Really!? Lol! I talking about prices and quality going up. Guess that point went flying over your head.

So cost of goods being more is all contributed to trucking deregulation? There are no other factors that go into the cost of goods? Like maybe the devaluing of our dollar because of Federal Government monetary policies? You know all the barrowing and printing of money?
Maybe prices would even be higher if trucking was regulated? Blows your mind uh my Marxist buddy!

"After deregulation we found who the real big boys were. Who really could run a trucking business, Like Roadway Express and ABF"

Stoney you forgot Yellow?:duh: :hysterical:

Ya, Yellow, the exception to the rule.

I could throw in CF too. CF ran themselves out of business on purpose in the end.

Happy that you recognize that fact. I guess you are one of those that blame unions for high prices. I wonder why non-union products are just as high as those made by union workers? I go to Kroger and then I go to Food Lion, you know what, Food Lion being non-union is just as high as Kroger, which is union. Why is it that automobiles made by non-union workers carry prices comparable made by union workers?? Since you mentioned Cesar Chavez, do you believe that the workers in the fields should be paid a "living wage"?

If I remember correctly, a study was done a few years ago comparing prices of the union and non union auto companies. The non union companies were found to be $2500 cheaper on average. Just sayin.

If you're a good union man then the name Cesar Chavez should partially explain why watermelons cost more today. And why you shouldn't complain (if you're a good union man that is).

Happy that you recognize that fact. I guess you are one of those that blame unions for high prices.

Did a little voice in your head tell you that? If not, please show me where I said that.

I wonder why non-union products are just as high as those made by union workers? I go to Kroger and then I go to Food Lion, you know what, Food Lion being non-union is just as high as Kroger, which is union. Why is it that automobiles made by non-union workers carry prices comparable made by union workers?? Since you mentioned Cesar Chavez, do you believe that the workers in the fields should be paid a "living wage"?

The labor costs at Kroger and Food Lion are a small part of the grocery costs.

How exactly can you compare union/non-union auto costs unless the very same auto is made by both?

If you can define what you mean by "living wage" I might be able to answer that question.

Of course Roadway is good example. Before the YRC deal, Roadway had a great 25 years. Even better when they spun off from Roadway Enterprises and became Roadway Express.
The YRC fiasco had nothing to do with deregulation.

The speed of computers? Really!? Lol! I talking about prices and quality going up. Guess that point went flying over your head.

So cost of goods being more is all contributed to trucking deregulation? There are no other factors that go into the cost of goods? Like maybe the devaluing of our dollar because of Federal Government monetary policies? You know all the barrowing and printing of money?
Maybe prices would even be higher if trucking was regulated? Blows your mind uh my Marxist buddy!
Before the merger Roadway had a great 79 years. And Roadway survived after they were spun off, in 1996, by the holding company they formed in 1982, Roadway Services. But most importantly, the truck line itself has always been Roadway Express!!

Hey now don't picking on that money printing thing one needs to that to survive working here........................

The study that named the $2500 number I believe was done before the bailouts was more about companies paying into the legacy pension plans compared to the newer manufacturers with union workers that do not have the same pension liabilities although I can't seem to find that one now

I did find this one
Unions can be blamed, and no doubt the $1,500 per car cost of union labor
From The Unions Didn't Bankrupt Detroit, But Great American Cars Did - Forbes